2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
GPR-A duplicate2
167
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 am

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

marvin78 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:31 am
Yeah. That is what I did. But you did not read it right. I never discredidet Hamiltons F1 achievements. That's the point here. BUT: I really don't think that the bucket of achievement of any F1 driver is bigger than that of my neighbour the mason (who is really good in his job). So I don't really see the point in what you say. Hamilton (and all the others) show(s) that he is a normal person like you and me. That is not really a surprise for me but it seems to be one for his/their fans.
What a stupid argument. It shows you either do not want to understand OR you simply don't understand. If you do not understand what my previous post is conveying, there is nothing else. Hoping that your understanding of world is also MASONRY, you can't criticize a mason about how he holds his cleaning equipment, if he is renowned for his cleaning job. He would simply laugh on you. That is what I am doing right now.

marvin78
marvin78
14
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

GPR-A wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am
marvin78 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:31 am
Yeah. That is what I did. But you did not read it right. I never discredidet Hamiltons F1 achievements. That's the point here. BUT: I really don't think that the bucket of achievement of any F1 driver is bigger than that of my neighbour the mason (who is really good in his job). So I don't really see the point in what you say. Hamilton (and all the others) show(s) that he is a normal person like you and me. That is not really a surprise for me but it seems to be one for his/their fans.
What a stupid argument. It shows you either do not want to understand OR you simply don't understand. If you do not understand what my previous post is conveying, there is nothing else. Hoping that your understanding of world is also MASONRY, you can't criticize a mason about how he holds his cleaning equipment, if he is renowned for his cleaning job. He would simply laugh on you. That is what I am doing right now.
The right analogy would be: The mason says that he can do his job well without any help from others and in reallity some of his work can only be done well with help of others.

I do understand what you say but it does not fit on me. I am no hater and I am not a fan of anyone. But this talking of some drivers that they do not like teamorder and that they want to achieve everything on their own is BS and stays BS no matter what the achievements of the drivers reached. We are simply talking about two different points and you did not get it. I can think that someone talks BS and that has nothing to do with everything else about him. That's the point. I do not have to phrase that more intelligent to not be called a hater or something else.

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

What im seeing is you are saying Hamilton is the same as Alonso/ Schumacher/ Vettel when it comes to team orders and help from the team mate.

All you seem to have for your argument is 1 quote from Baku when Hamilton asked if it is possible for Bottas to back vettel up. It was a requst not a demand.

You dont seem to even listen to what GPR-A has been saying and now he has completely blown you out of the water, you just seem to be ignoring what he is saying. So maybe we should all just move on from this one and look forward to the weekend when we will have more action to talk about.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78
marvin78
14
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

I read very carefuly. There is so much interpretation in his and now your answers , that you can't even take it serious. You don't blow anything out of the water by just twist the words and add your own interpreatation to it. Maybe that's how you folks discuss but that's not my way.

All I say is that I think that there is no way to win championchips without some kind of teamwork. That can mean teamorder (like in this case by possibly influencing the race of 3, maybe 4 drivers) or at least good work from the team in matters of strategie or building a car (and yes, Hamiltons team is the best, when it comes to that). And if Hamiltons get's the chance to profit from these things he does it. And he would be a fool if he didn't. That he even asks for something like that is not a bad thing (and I don't really judge it), but it shows, that his words concerning this subject don't have more meaning than that of any other driver in similar positions. That's it and yes, it's very clear what I meant and you all knew that. And yet you used it to try to "blow someone out of the water" because it does not match your picture of your hero and dispite I said that in a more than neutral way. So I'm out. I like do discuss in a normal way. This is not normal.

laMirabeau
laMirabeau
0
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:22 am

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

marvin78 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 am
I read very carefuly. There is so much interpretation in his and now your answers , that you can't even take it serious. You don't blow anything out of the water by just twist the words and add your own interpreatation to it. Maybe that's how you folks discuss but that's not my way.

All I say is that I think that there is no way to win championchips without some kind of teamwork. That can mean teamorder (like in this case by possibly influencing the race of 3, maybe 4 drivers) or at least good work from the team in matters of strategie or building a car (and yes, Hamiltons team is the best, when it comes to that). And if Hamiltons get's the chance to profit from these things he does it. And he would be a fool if he didn't. That he even asks for something like that is not a bad thing (and I don't really judge it), but it shows, that his words concerning this subject don't have more meaning than that of any other driver in similar positions. That's it and yes, it's very clear what I meant and you all knew that. And yet you used it to try to "blow someone out of the water" because it does not match your picture of your hero and dispite I said that in a more than neutral way. So I'm out. I like do discuss in a normal way. This is not normal.

Edit: BTW: to call someones arguments stupid if you didn't really get them (if it was on purpose or not) is no fine way. I don't use the voting system for negative votes because I think there are very few who use it right. But there is at least one post from GPR-A that would deserve to be voted down becaus it is really insulting.
Man, you are simply trolling. First you started with saying, Hamilton asked for Bottas' help and that proves that his talks of him winning on his own is faulty. Though he beat Rosberg twice. Once against all odds facing more reliability failures than his team mate and once, very convincingly. He lost in 2016, again due to all the reliability failures coming his way and not his team mate's.
Now you are even saying, he can only win because his team is doing a good job and that is why he is winning (as if there are drivers in history who constructed their own cars and strategized their own championships). You are simply moving away from the argument that you started, which was trying to pull down Hamilton because he asked for his team mate's help. You either stay with Hamilton seeking his team mate's help or how good teams help drivers win championship. Two different things dude.

marvin78
marvin78
14
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

That's all interpretation "man". Nothing more. I never said more than half of the stuff you put in my mouth. That's the whole problem here. You can call me very much but not troll. I mean what I say. If you try to interprete it negatively, ok. But I never said and meant those things. Try to read it as I wrote it. There is nothing more to it. And I am not moving away. That was GPR-A by interpreting my post in his own way.

Once again: I don't like or dislike any of the drivers. I don't even understand the concept of being a fan of another human being that I don't even know in person. So I don't write out of the perspective of a fan or hater (that's a thing that's not understandable at all).

By the way: There was no driver in the history who won championchips without a car that enabled him to do so. And there is no driver developer or something like that. And there is no god behind wheels. They all have their talents in different areas of racing. Some more, some less. That's all from me. I should know, I should not write in a team thread. There is no real discussion here. And I do not have the time to explain all my posts so that there would be no bad interpretation of a "fan".

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Hamilton won the title in 14 and 15 with 0 help from his team mate. Fact. As ge was fighting his team mate for the title. So to say there is no chance of winning a championship without team mate help is wrong buddy . No driver can win a race without the team, but your argument is team orders and team mate help.
14 & 15 for Hamilton, 16 for Rosberg & 88, 89 for the Mclaren boys. No help from their team mate
Last edited by NathanOlder on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

As for no gods, be careful as many people have their gods and if they drive a formula 1 car , so be it. If you "dont know" them personally, then how can you say there are no gods ?

Back in the 90's Senna really was seen as a god, by millions of Brazilians, he was someone they looked up to , had and kept faith in, believed he was changing their lives and made them happy. Pretty much what a God is.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

basti313
basti313
55
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:16 pm
Hamilton won the title in 14 and 15 with 0 help from his team mate. Fact. As ge was fighting his team mate for the title. So to say there is no chance of winning a championship without team mate help is wrong buddy . No driver can win a race without the team, but your argument is team orders and team mate help.
14 & 15 for Hamilton, 16 for Rosberg & 88, 89 for the Mclaren boys. No help from their team mate
And this is a small selection. The argument is just nonsense, Vet did also not get support by Web and won, Alo got all support from Mas he could get and did not win by a few points...Rai and Mas should be the other way round...

I do not think, that ordered help from your teammate can be a game changer. Just simply too few opportunities. I do think, that at Baku a slowing down Bot would have simply been under danger to be overtaken by Vet or at least DRS for Vet would have robbed all chance for Ham.
On the other hand a strong teammate is much more help than any team order can provide, because he takes points from your opponent on tracks where your car is stronger than the competition's car.

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Just removed a bunch of trash. Last I checked Alonso has never raced for Mercedes F1.

User avatar
NathanOlder
164
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

He may do in 6 months =P~
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle
Jolle
255
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

flynfrog wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 pm
Just removed a bunch of trash. Last I checked Alonso has never raced for Mercedes F1.
Well..... McLaren was controlled by Daimler/Mercedes in 2007 :P

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 pm
He may do in 6 months =P~
There is a silly season thread for that.

User avatar
flynfrog
Moderator
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Jolle wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52 pm
flynfrog wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:59 pm
Just removed a bunch of trash. Last I checked Alonso has never raced for Mercedes F1.
Well..... McLaren was controlled by Daimler/Mercedes in 2007 :P
I chose my words carefully....

User avatar
F1Krof
78
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

A gearbox penalty? What's going on for God's sake. Lewis can't seem to have a break. At least I hope Bottas stops the Ferraris from winning.
Wroom wroom