2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

F1Krof wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 21:03
A gearbox penalty? What's going on for God's sake. Lewis can't seem to have a break. At least I hope Bottas stops the Ferraris from winning.
Yeah! The bad things keep coming one after another. Can Bottas stop the Ferraris? (I honestly don't think he can fight Vettel) It doesn't look good for the drivers' championship at all if Vettel wins in Austria.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zibby43
zibby43

Morteza wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 05:53
F1Krof wrote:
A gearbox penalty? What's going on for God's sake. Lewis can't seem to have a break. At least I hope Bottas stops the Ferraris from winning.
Yeah! The bad things keep coming one after another. Can Bottas stop the Ferraris? (I honestly don't think he can fight Vettel) It doesn't look good for the drivers' championship at all if Vettel wins in Austria.
Way too early to sound the death knell for Hamilton's championship hopes. The second half of the season, where reliability becomes crucial, is where huge points swings occur. And Vettel is already on his last turbocharger (he can re-use old turbos, but he cannot use any new or upgraded turbos without incurring a grid penalty). It is extremely likely that Vettel will start from the back for at least one race this year.

On a side note, last year in Austria, Rosberg crashed in FP3 and incurred a grid penalty for a gearbox change.

He went on to lead the race. Rosberg was leading on the final lap when, well, we all remember what happened on the last lap.

I understand that Lewis will have to contend with the Ferraris this year, but at a power track like the Red Bull Ring, he'll have the pace (and space) to try to make some moves. It will help immensely if Bottas can secure pole.

Finally, with a little inclement weather on race day, the grid could get a shake-up.

iotar__

Morteza wrote:
08 Jul 2017, 05:53
F1Krof wrote:
- That was not exactly team spirit. Let's put it into bad prediction or wishful thinking category. How many of those about Bottas :wink: ? Lost count.

- Reality = Bottas was hammering US laps to an early lead. 7,5 s over 25 laps.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Bottas has had some amazing starts, not just this race but also Russia where he started P3 and nailed both Ferraris at the start.

marvin78
marvin78

His reaction time is very good. He had his problems with the braking into the first corner sometimes but that should be easier if you are in front of all.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Anyone wonders about Bottas speed on US, and his lack of speed on SS. And at the same time Hamilton was fast on SS, but had issues with US during race and during qualifying!
Last race Mercedes was quicker on SS, but Friday suggested Ferrari might have superior pace on S.

Is it possible that Mercedes works only with one tyre, depending on setup?

SparkyAMG

sosic2121 wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 17:52
Pretty much the story of the season so far, although Mercedes themselves did say that they have made progress in understanding the tyres and getting them to work.

ClarkBT11

sosic2121 wrote:
11 Jul 2017, 17:52
Anyone wonders about Bottas speed on US, and his lack of speed on SS. And at the same time Hamilton was fast on SS, but had issues with US during race and during qualifying!
Last race Mercedes was quicker on SS, but Friday suggested Ferrari might have superior pace on S.

In Austria, the mechanics didn't take some wing out at the pitstop from SS/US which unbalanced the car making it too pointy on the front of the car. When the front lost grip the balance came back on the US.

Martin_F

Does anybody know if the blue hat Valtteri was wearing at the Spanish Grand Prix will ever be available for purchase at the official online store?
After a long time, the black version finally became available, but even though he's wearing a white hat at the races most of the time, that's not even available in the store...

Here's what I'm talking about:
Any help would be appreciated.
If this is the wrong place to post my question, please excuse and point me to the right forum.

F1Krof

Maybe its not merchandise material, although I'm pretty sure if you contact them om twitter you might get an answer.
Wroom wroom

PlatinumZealot

Bottas Management need to step their game up. I guess if they want things done quickly they can hitch a ride from Hamilton's marketers but Hamilton would end up getting a cut from the sale of Bottas hats!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Martin_F

Well, I'm glad I checked the store periodically. The caps went live before the weekend and are already sold out.
Looks like there is definitely an interest for Valtteri's merchandise.
Fun fact, the caps they were selling aren't even the same Valtteri was wearing in Hungary.

ClarkBT11

This could be the only year Valtteri is a Mercedes driver making the merchandise more limited and desirable to buyers for future resale.

NathanOlder

But who would want a Mercedes Bottas hat if he doesn't drive for Merc ?

Its like buying a Renault KMag hat now!?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ClarkBT11

Yeah who would buy one of those caps anyway. When the stock has gone you can charge what you like on the internet, one minute away from now is in the future.