2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2017 Williams Martini Racing Team - Mercedes

Massa has announced the retirement, again.

SchuMassa

Obrigado Felipe!

Shrieker

Ssssssoooo.. That narrows down the possibilities for the seat somewhat. I think it should go to Kvyat or Kubica. Or maybe someone more deserving like Robin Frijns/Antonio Felix Da Costa..
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GPR-A duplicate2

Shrieker wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 15:18
Ssssssoooo.. That narrows down the possibilities for the seat somewhat. I think it should go to Kvyat or Kubica. Or maybe someone more deserving like Robin Frijns/Antonio Felix Da Costa..
Wherlein is also in the race, with Mercedes backing.

Carinni

Brazilian may hate Williams f1 team very much, having😂ended senna’s career n forced massa to retire 😝

NathanOlder

Wehrlein and Kvyat both fall short of the 25yr old Martini problem.

There has to be something in it due to the amount it has been talked about.

In my opinion its only Kubica now Massa has gone
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Phil

I thought DiResta (and Kubica obviously) are both contenders.

I am a little surprised about the sudden retirement, but i can only imagine that to mean that whoever will take that second seat is signed and we will hear about it soon...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

nevill3

Filipe has announced his retirement now so he can say goodbye to his fans at his home grand prix again.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Sevach

Carinni wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 16:32
Brazilian may hate Williams f1 team very much, having😂ended senna’s career n forced massa to retire 😝
Williams is the last step before a Brazilian driver retires... Barrichello, Bruno Senna and now Massa.

NathanOlder

And Pizzonia!

Of all the Brazilian drivers, am i right in thinking the last Brazilian to drive for Williams and then move to another team in F1 wan Piquet Snr.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 04 Nov 2017, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sevach

Forgot him.

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 18:00

I am a little surprised about the sudden retirement, but i can only imagine that to mean that whoever will take that second seat is signed and we will hear about it soon...
Massa is a huge attention seeker. He's "retiring" because he wants to ensure he gets another farewell at Brazil. That's why the announcement, a week before the grand prix. I find all these stupid send off's highly awkward and orchestrated. Massa looked quite stupid this year when he announced his come back after he tried to sell the story that he was done with F1. This year, he was more than willing to renew for 2018. The cold fact is that he's being kicked out. Good on Williams! They took a punt with an unprepared Stroll and it's not been too bad. I think he was under-prepared but as time has passed, he's shown flashes of potential. I now really hope Williams sign Kubica/Wehrlein.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

ThumbsUp

Shrieker wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 15:18
I would love to see Robin Frijns as a racing driver for Williams, this guy has huge talent. To bad he has no backing at all and therefor never will race in F1.

Carinni

Phil wrote:
04 Nov 2017, 18:00

I think Williams decided to replace massa after Lowe arrived at the very beginning, anyone available will replace him, so even dir just drove a very ordinary race imo was claimed as a great job n justified to replace massa, ha ha! There is no choice for massa, should not be surprised. Retirement is the only option n many are well prepared for this news. Obviously no matter what, massa has no chance to stay.

Fulcrum

If Paddy has so much influence, who would Paddy hire from the available candidates?