2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

So, what does that mean engine wise for 2019 an beyond? Astin Martin Red Bull Honda Racing? I don't think that this is something anyone wants

Singabule

Red Bull Aston Martin, without honda naming. Surely honda not going to waste 160 mio on sponsorship. 2 years of saving sponsorship money, they could buy STR with 300bio

foofykid

If you watched Honer talk after i believe it was practice he said that its in their contract that cant be left without an engine. So after 2018 they will have a Reno or Honda in the back they can't be left without an engine

TAG

Other than cash (always welcomed) and the additional building and manpower/jobs that Red Bull is said to be adding due to the partnership, I'm not seeing what's in it for Red Bull long term. If this does have a tie to a 2021 engine deal, there are no guarantees that what Aston Martin produce in conjunction with Red Bull would be any better than Cosworth, Porsche or any VAG mark, or even Honda would have (if they're still around) by then.

Lots of PR upswing but I don't see much of anything tangible beyond that. What am I missing?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

OneAlex

TAG wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 16:06
Lots of PR upswing but I don't see much of anything tangible beyond that. What am I missing?
Wasn't it originally all a way to keep Newey happy and on-board by giving him a road car partnership to develop just as Aston Martin seeking to get involved more in F1? Happy timing.

Outside of that I suppose it gives them future options to sell to Aston and do a switch (an AM team with RB sponsorship) and a bit of extra sporting prestige, and maybe Aston have some extra skills from their endurance cars they can bring? Although I can't really see them creating an engine for 2021 unless the regulations become MUCH simpler.

From an actual branding standpoint I've always found it a little odd, however. Aston Martin. Red Bull. I can't see the type of people who own Aston Martin's drinking Red Bull and vice versa... but hey, if it brings a sexy British sports marque into F1 I'm for it.

If we're really lucky they'll add a little Racing Green to the livery next year...

marmer

adrianjordan wrote:
lio007 wrote:
25 Sep 2017, 11:49
It's official, new title sponsorship.

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/dr ... innovation

http://image1.redbull.com/rbx00498/0001 ... inlogo.jpg

So, a VW-deal is more or less impossible now!?
I for one am pleased at the Aston Martin link up. Great to see another British marque in the sport.

I wonder if we'll get a new livery next year then??
Technically they change the livery every year they do the really pointless car launches where they show basically nothing but the new paint as the car changes so much over winter testing

zeph

Joe Saward reckons this development will make it difficult for RBR to use Honda PU's in 2019.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/09 ... on-martin/

If so, maybe the idea is indeed to sell STR to Honda, with RBR eventually becoming Aston Martin's works team.

loner

zeph wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 09:49
Joe Saward reckons this development will make it difficult for RBR to use Honda PU's in 2019.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2017/09 ... on-martin/

If so, maybe the idea is indeed to sell STR to Honda, with RBR eventually becoming Aston Martin's works team.
Luca Marmorini is working with Aston Martin currently .. connecting the dots it seems he is right specially with Honda pouring 450 m $ into STR you would imagine its almost likely will be renamed Honda racing team.
it could really be like this RBR-ASTON MARTIN .. HONDA RACING F1.
i think it will be from 2021 for RBR-AM with Honda power them in 2019 and 2020.
para bellum.

Manoah2u

Well why wouldn't Honda Aston Martin work?

Aston Martin use Mercedes engines.
There's Mclaren - Renault now, despite Mclaren having zero Renault engines in their cars.

There was also a Aston Martin Cygnet or what was it, a Citroen C1 / Toyota Aygo in Aston Martin style bodywork to cope with Emission demands, right?

Besides,

Aston Martin RedBull Racing - Tag Heuer doesn't bother anyone?
Tag Heuer is a watch brand. Not an Engine manufacturer. It's a Rebranded renault.

So essentially, we're having
Aston Martin RedBull Racing - Renault already.

There was also Infinity RedBull Racing - Renault.
That might have been under the same umbrella, but i don't see anything conflicting within
Aston Martin - Honda.

So really, what is the problem with Aston Martin RedBull Racing - Honda ?
I really don't see any problem.

Matter of fact, who knows whether there's room for something interesting here.
A Collaboration between RedBull, Aston Martin and Honda?

How about that Aston Martin Hypercar designed by Adrian Newey (From RedBull) powered by a Honda engine?
A Honda or Acura NSX RedBull edition, Verstappen Edition, or Aston Martin edition?

Future Aston Martin hybrids powered by Honda ?

There's really a open world there, very interesting. Honda has their 'F1 base' a stonethrow away from RedBull's headquarters in the UK. Aston Martin is a British marque. The relationship between Aston Martin and RedBull is great for years, so is RedBull and Honda.

I see a lot of potential there, so quite frankly, i can actually see it happen without any problem.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

loner

yeah but why Aston Martin would bring in Luca Marmorini ?!!
para bellum.

FPV GTHO

Tag Heuer isnt part of the entrant name, and Aston Martin wont be part of the contructor name so thats all a storm in a teacup.

Jolle

FPV GTHO wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 00:26
Tag Heuer isnt part of the entrant name, and Aston Martin wont be part of the contructor name so thats all a storm in a teacup.

The official team name (according to the FIA entry list): Red Bull Racing
Official constructor: Red Bull Racing TAG Heuer

lio007

Wow...that came a bit by surprise:

[media]https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 0748892165[/media]

Manoah2u

RB must have been seriously afraid to see him leave to the competition, which suggest the competition was seriously trying to snatch him away from RB.
Fact that he signed must mean RB have something positive to offer him those coming years, otherwise he wouldn't have extended his deal surely.
He said himself 'he wants to be in the fastest car'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 17:20
RB must have been seriously afraid to see him leave to the competition, which suggest the competition was seriously trying to snatch him away from RB.
Fact that he signed must mean RB have something positive to offer him those coming years, otherwise he wouldn't have extended his deal surely.
He said himself 'he wants to be in the fastest car'.
In my opinion, RB is betting heavily in terms of cutting down the Merc and Ferrari PU advantage by pressurizing the FIA to cut down oil burning. With oil burning volume getting reduced to 600ml from 1.9 litre/100 kms and Renault also working on getting some qualifying performance on their PU, RB has every reason to believe they would be competitive next year.

As for Max extending the contract, I was guessing it would be a no-brainer. He can't go to Ferrari as I am 200% sure, Ferrari wouldn't hire him for as long as Vettel is the alpha. With the kind of matured form that Hamilton is in, it is difficult to go and perform against him at Mercedes. Besides, Max is just 20 years old and he can afford to wait and watch the progress that RB is going to make. I also strongly believe, there are going to performance related exit clauses, which would allow Max to leave RB before 2020, if RB won't get to a certain level.

RB is certain to let Ricciardo go after 2018 and would bring Sainz back in to the RB. For Ric, he is 28 and is desperate to get into a championship winning machinery, so he wouldn't be waiting to see RB come back to championship winning ways. I have a hunch that, Ric would end up in Mercedes for 2019 and Bottas would go to Ferrari.