2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
George-Jung
George-Jung

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

GPR-A wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 19:05
I have a hunch that, Ric would end up in Mercedes for 2019 and Bottas would go to Ferrari.
Can’t see Ferrari taking Bottas after everybody has seen how Hamilton destroyed him.

NathanOlder

Cant see why any top team would have Kimi since 2015, but hey ho.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

George-Jung wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 22:12
GPR-A wrote:
I have a hunch that, Ric would end up in Mercedes for 2019 and Bottas would go to Ferrari.
Can’t see Ferrari taking Bottas after everybody has seen how Hamilton destroyed him.
How did Hamilton destroy bottas? you're completely inventing things that aren't there.
Bottas is still in the race for the WDC for crying out loud, is that destroying?
Additionally, it is his FIRST year in the Mercedes mothership camp.

Bottas is doing absolutely fantastic, i hope he'll give Hamilton a run for his money next season
and even beat him.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Webber2011
Webber2011

GPR-A wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 17:20
RB must have been seriously afraid to see him leave to the competition, which suggest the competition was seriously trying to snatch him away from RB.
Fact that he signed must mean RB have something positive to offer him those coming years, otherwise he wouldn't have extended his deal surely.
He said himself 'he wants to be in the fastest car'.
RB is certain to let Ricciardo go after 2018 and would bring Sainz back in to the RB. For Ric, he is 28 and is desperate to get into a championship winning machinery, so he wouldn't be waiting to see RB come back to championship winning ways. I have a hunch that, Ric would end up in Mercedes for 2019 and Bottas would go to Ferrari.
This intrigues me.

Why do you feel RBR are certain to let Daniel go ?

FPV GTHO
FPV GTHO

I dont think Red Bulls first choice is to return to a Verstappen/Sainz lineup given some of the volatile moments they had at Toro Rosso. I think the ball is in Ricciardos court whether he stays or finds a better deal elsewhere.

GPR-A duplicate2

Webber2011 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 00:14
GPR-A wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 17:20
RB must have been seriously afraid to see him leave to the competition, which suggest the competition was seriously trying to snatch him away from RB.
Fact that he signed must mean RB have something positive to offer him those coming years, otherwise he wouldn't have extended his deal surely.
He said himself 'he wants to be in the fastest car'.
RB is certain to let Ricciardo go after 2018 and would bring Sainz back in to the RB. For Ric, he is 28 and is desperate to get into a championship winning machinery, so he wouldn't be waiting to see RB come back to championship winning ways. I have a hunch that, Ric would end up in Mercedes for 2019 and Bottas would go to Ferrari.
This intrigues me.

Why would they invest 20 million plus for each driver? Until 2018, as per the contract, both drivers are getting a salary of 3 million USD. Both of them are hot properties in the market, may be Max a little hotter. So, I think the new contract would be offering 20+ million to Max. They would be happy to spend that for ONLY ONE driver. They can have Sainz, who is equally good, for much cheaper as per his current contract. So, it wouldn't make business sense to have 2 drivers with such huge salary.

The more they bring junior talent from their Red Bull Junior program, the more economical it would be for them. They would be hoping to find another alternate talent by 2020 to have a good replacement for either of Max or Sainz. They did not go for Alonso when he was on offer and I don't think even if Vettel wants to come back, they would hire him. They have a good economical business philosophy.

NathanOlder

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 23:21
George-Jung wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 22:12
GPR-A wrote:
How did Hamilton destroy bottas? you're completely inventing things that aren't there.
Bottas is still in the race for the WDC for crying out loud, is that destroying?
I agree with you but to use the "still in the title fight as a reason is a little soft. As EVERYONE will agree Seb has destroyed Kimi, BUT Kimi can still finish in front of Vettel just like Bottas can with Lewis.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Webber2011
Webber2011

GPR-A wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 05:43
Webber2011 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 00:14
GPR-A wrote:

This intrigues me.

Why would they invest 20 million plus for each driver? Until 2018, as per the contract, both drivers are getting a salary of 3 million USD. Both of them are hot properties in the market, may be Max a little hotter. So, I think the new contract would be offering 20+ million to Max. They would be happy to spend that for ONLY ONE driver. They can have Sainz, who is equally good, for much cheaper as per his current contract. So, it wouldn't make business sense to have 2 drivers with such huge salary.

The more they bring junior talent from their Red Bull Junior program, the more economical it would be for them. They would be hoping to find another alternate talent by 2020 to have a good replacement for either of Max or Sainz. They did not go for Alonso when he was on offer and I don't think even if Vettel wants to come back, they would hire him. They have a good economical business philosophy.
Yeah fair enough, I guess that makes sense financially mate.

Red Bull have historically stuck with the younger driver aka Webber V's Vettel, and Max certainly has the talent and years ahead of him to do great things too.

I personally feel it would be a shame for Daniel to not have a shot at the Championship with them.
He's stuck with them so far, smashed Vettel which got everyone interested, but is now enduring yet another tough season with regards to challenging the front runners.

Dan's got the skills to be a WDC if he's in the right car though.

It's looking like that might be a Merc' in 2019 :o

GPR-A duplicate2

Webber2011 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 17:31
That is the ONLY possibility, with HIGHEST probability. If Bottas underwhelms in the first part of next season, IT IS GOING TO BE A DONE DEAL. Max getting locked in RB, is a good sign for Ric as he would be the only credible top quality driver available for Merc, for 2019. No headaches there. It would be ideal for Mercedes. Hamilton has no problem, Ric should be decent match with Hamilton, without being a troublemaker for the team and it would be a very good pairing for Merc.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 23:21

Additionally, it is his FIRST year in the Mercedes mothership camp.

Bottas is doing absolutely fantastic, i hope he'll give Hamilton a run for his money next season
and even beat him.
First of all I kind of dislike the way you respond; but obviously that is up to you...

But sure I am inventing the huge gaps between them in quali. The only reason why Bottas is still mathematically in the race- is because he is driving the Merc.

ME4ME

GPR-A wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 17:40
Webber2011 wrote:
21 Oct 2017, 17:31
That is the ONLY possibility, with HIGHEST probability. If Bottas underwhelms in the first part of next season, IT IS GOING TO BE A DONE DEAL. Max getting locked in RB, is a good sign for Ric as he would be the only credible top quality driver available for Merc, for 2019. No headaches there. It would be ideal for Mercedes. Hamilton has no problem, Ric should be decent match with Hamilton, without being a troublemaker for the team and it would be a very good pairing for Merc.
Going a bit off topic here, but Mercedes has their own "Verstappen" kind of prodigy: Ocon. Im not sure they would pick Ricciardo over Ocon who already has a strong connection to the Mercedes brand. Personally I expect Ricciardo to extent his RB contract.

Webber2011
Webber2011

Is the whole thing about Riccardo not being told of Max's engine upgrade a sign they are already favouring Verstappen, or am I reading too much into it ?

I find it very strange that engine upgrades wouldn't be common info between both sides of the garage.

Jolle
Jolle

Webber2011 wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:03
Is the whole thing about Riccardo not being told of Max's engine upgrade a sign they are already favouring Verstappen, or am I reading too much into it ?

I find it very strange that engine upgrades wouldn't be common info between both sides of the garage.
What would the point be not to tell him?

Webber2011
Webber2011

Jolle wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:05
Webber2011 wrote:

Yeah that's my thoughts exactly.

The other thing I'm thinking though is that maybe Dan knew all along and was just being a clown for the media.

I haven't seen the interview yet, so I can't give you my honest opinion, but I'll try to find it when I get home.

I'm hoping it's the latter !

Jolle
Jolle

Webber2011 wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:15
Jolle wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 10:05
Webber2011 wrote:

Yeah that's my thoughts exactly.

The other thing I'm thinking though is that maybe Dan knew all along and was just being a clown for the media.

I haven't seen the interview yet, so I can't give you my honest opinion, but I'll try to find it when I get home.

I'm hoping it's the latter !
Maybe there is something of a rift in the garage but Ricciardo is a very self confident person and driver. I can imagine on race weekends that his focus is 100% on his weekend and car. Any distraction from the other side are blocked out.