2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

Does anyone know the stats on mechanical issues for this season between the 2, qualifying and race.

After yesterday it must be getting pretty even yet Dan is still plenty ahead in the points.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

Look them up yourself, you seem so set on proving Ricci's greatness over Max you are allowed to put in the work!

George-Jung

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 23:21

How did Hamilton destroy bottas? you're completely inventing things that aren't there.

uhmm... :| Sorry, I think I didn’t understand you correctly?

NathanOlder

Sieper wrote:
24 Oct 2017, 00:02
Look them up yourself, you seem so set on proving Ricci's greatness over Max you are allowed to put in the work!
Well i know Max has only had 1 extra failure in races but its harder to find out in qualifying and just wondered if anyone knew before i started searching. If you dont ask , you dont get .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

Max had one mechanical failure in qualy this season that I can remember (engine not firing on all cilinders) in China.

I watched each and every second of F1 this season but my memory is not as good as I'd hope.

Ric had only two mechanical failures (in race) this season that I can remember, Australia and US. Were there more?

NathanOlder

Russia.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

3 for Ric then (and none in qualy?) Max is up to 6 I believe. Depending on how you count Austria (clutch failure and then taken out (together with Alonso) by Kvyat. He was actually able to keep on driving after that but his clutch kept on slipping (was able to return to pits). He was also taken out in turn one incidents a few times by sheer bad luck (imho) for example Spain more so omho then Singapore (where he could have lifted).

It would indeed be quite interesting to make an estimation on how many points would likely have been collected by both in case no bad luck had existed but otoh, many cases of points taking are also because bad luck happens to others, do we include those?

At the end the points count and Ric has them. Ric wins! Ric put in a solid season, almost no mistakes, constantly there, and after a perhaps qualy deficiency in the beginning, post beginning part of the seasonI feel the last 5/6 races Ric is also on pace again in Qualy. Although the COTA result came a little bit out of nowhere in Q3, he did pull it off and that is what counts.

Subjectively I do feel Max (when his car kept running) more often put in a result that really amazed me but yeah, that is just an opinion.

ME4ME

Ricciardo has maximized the opportunities that came to him, but I must say he got destroyed by Verstappen this season. At so many races Verstappen was in front when trouble struck.

Sieper

Somebody did our homework for us (Copied from another forum):

2017 stats:

Qualy battle 11-6 for Verstappen

Races Finished by both 4-2 for Verstappen

Races where Either RIC or VER had a DNF, position (who was in front) at crossing start/finish first lap, 7-0 for Verstappen.

NathanOlder

Max has had 4 mechanical retirements not 6. Plus Daniel has only been involved in 1 retirement due to a crash, and we all know what happened there

"--- sore loser"

Max is amazing, don't get me wrong, he is just still too rough around the edges and Ric is more complete.

2016 is another example. While team mates Daniel outscored Max in 2016. And he has done the same in 2017.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

5 actually, both wrong, Canada, engine, belgium engine, austria clutch, baku engine, Bahrein rear brakes.

Yeah hungary, that was the Lowest point of this year, sliding into your teammate.

NathanOlder

Austria is down as a collision.

He had a bad start due to an anti stall issue. The anti stall issue didnt cause him to retire. Not that the accident was his fault, you just cant say it was a mechanical breakdown. He was involved in crash number X
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

He had a bad start due to a broken clutch. Then kvyat swept alo and him up and after that you could hear the clutch not engaging several times.

NathanOlder

Yeah horner said an anti stall issue. So once he got going he would have been fine, maybe a little trouble at the pit stops. But it didnt cause him to retire do its Max 4.3 Dan

They are equal on wins, equal on poles and dan leads the podium count 9:3

Max leads the mechanical breakdowns 4:3 and leads the driver screw ups as well
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Anyway....

Do we think Red bull will commit to building the team around Max now he has signed ? And will Red Bull be trying to get Daniel to sign a similar deal ?

I think Daniel bring a good portion of harmony to the team. I cant imagine Max with someone like Vettel, Perez, Alonso ect as it got pretty feisty with Sainz and Max in Toro Rosso.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.