2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2017 Red Bull Racing Team - Tag Heuer

Was this the 2014 FP1 run at Suzuka? :P

etusch

HPD

"We've had a good run since the flyaways started," Horner said. "We've got one more shot left in Abu Dhabi. We'll have everything turned up and be going for a big finish.

"If it was a five-race championship, then we'd be good! It shows that we've put a strong run together. But Mercedes' reliability this year has been unbelievable. Obviously they've had the pace as well. That's really what we need to address next year, have the reliability which is mainly engine reliability and make sure we take the lessons out of this car into next year."

"Difficult to say exactly, but it's got to be in the region of 25 to 30 horsepower down. We're hearing that Renault are making gains. If they can do that over the winter and most importantly address reliability, I'm confident we can give the drivers the car next year to put a really good campaign together."
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/145892-red ... -abu-dhabi

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Webber2011

Every Team is going to "balance" the budget, so I kind of take all these figures with a grain of salt

Who knows what they are actually up to ?

I certainly don't

Jolle

Webber2011 wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 07:08
Every Team is going to "balance" the budget, so I kind of take all these figures with a grain of salt

I certainly don't
The biggest cost is the amount of personnel and that also makes the biggest difference in performance and development (with all teams have to pay for a tunnel, server park and factories). So, the only other real difference is drivers, how much and who is paying them.

Webber2011

Jolle wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 22:43
Webber2011 wrote:
01 Jan 2018, 07:08

I certainly don't
The biggest cost is the amount of personnel and that also makes the biggest difference in performance and development (with all teams have to pay for a tunnel, server park and factories). So, the only other real difference is drivers, how much and who is paying them.
Hey there Jolle, good points mate.

Here's a summary that's in the Autosport Magazine where the article is posted.

"In calculating a team’s bang-for-buck index, the simplest formula is to divide its
budget by the number of points scored in any given season, which provides a costper-point-scored
factor.
But, as the points structure (understandably) rewards wins and podium places, this measure benefits frontrunners.

An alternative is to divide points scored by headcount to provide a team efficiency
index.
But this fails to take into account outsourcing, in turn flattering teams such as Force India or Haas, which outsource where possible.
Equally, Williams and Renault, who manufacture in-house, are penalised.
Combining purchase ledgers and payrolls would deliver fair results, but such information is not readily available.

Thus the fairest metric is to measure championship classification advances made
by teams over a season, expressing the positions gained as a function of their budgets.
This index assumes all teams start from an equal position (10th where there are 10
teams, as in 2017), with the leader progressing nine places, and the bottom team
making zero progress.
Force India, for example, moved up six places to finish fourth.

As expected, for the second successive year Force India is F1’s most cost-effective
team, well clear of Williams, its natural foe.
Intriguingly, both teams have similar budget levels and use Mercedes power.

Their performance differentials are down to drivers (both deployed experienced/rookie pairings), management and operations, plus technical-resource deployment.

Saliently, Williams relies on an in-house model, including manufacture of its own
transmissions, whereas FI’s B4B champion procures complete powertrains, and
outsources components and services where possible.

There must be a lesson in that."

There's a table in there showing all Teams but I don't know how to copy it :cry: