2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
f1316

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

bhall II wrote:Scuderia Ferrari, 2019 F1 World Champions
grandprix.com, Jan 11, 2017 wrote:Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne says he plans to retire after 2018.

The 64-year-old took control of Fiat over a decade ago, but his ascendance at Ferrari has been more recent in the wake of Luca di Montezemolo's exit.

But Marchionne, an Italian Canadian, said in 2014 that he will "undoubtedly" retire after 2018.

And during a news conference in Detroit this week, he confirmed that his plans to begin his retirement from early 2019 remain on track.
To be fair, you yourself would say it takes much longer for organisational changes to translate to performance :D

bhall II

Let's not allow logic to get in the way of a perfectly adequate joke. Next thing you know, a technical discussion will break out, and what the hell would we do then?

FW17

Dieselgate Pt. 2

US Gov't Accuses Fiat Chrysler of Cheating on Emissions

The U.S. government is accusing Fiat Chrysler of failing to disclose software in some of its pickups and SUVs with diesel engines that allows them to emit more pollution than allowed under the Clean Air Act.

The Environmental Protection Agency said in a statement Thursday that it issued a "notice of violation" to the company that covers about 104,000 vehicles including the 2014 through 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram pickups, all with 3-liter diesel engines. The California Air Resources Board took similar action.

The EPA scheduled a news conference Thursday to explain details of the case.

"Failing to disclose software that affects emissions in a vehicle's engine is a serious violation of the law, which can result in harmful pollution in the air we breathe," said Cynthia Giles, EPA assistant administrator for enforcement and compliance.

The agency said it will continue to investigate the "nature and impact" of the devices. The agency said FCA may be liable for civil penalties for the alleged violations of the Clean Air Act. The EPA is investigating whether the auxiliary emission control devices constitute "defeat devices," which are illegal because they turn off pollution controls.

Fiat Chrysler's shares fell more than 16 percent after the news was announced to $9.29.

The announcement comes one day after Fiat rival Volkswagen pleaded guilty in federal court to criminal charges related to widespread cheating involving emissions tests with its "Clean Diesel" line of vehicles. Six high-ranking VW executives have been charged in the scandal. VW agreed to pay a record$4.3 billion penalty for cheating on emissions tests.

mika vs michael

Is it true that only Ferraris' suspension system replicating FRIC is deemed illegal while the Redbull and Mercedes ones are deemed legal?
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

SR71

mika vs michael wrote:Is it true that only Ferraris' suspension system replicating FRIC is deemed illegal while the Redbull and Mercedes ones are deemed legal?
Ferrari asked for clarification of a system. They didn't say that was actually the one they were using.

Peter1919

mika vs michael wrote:Is it true that only Ferraris' suspension system replicating FRIC is deemed illegal while the Redbull and Mercedes ones are deemed legal?
We don't even know if Ferrari had developed any such suspension system. It is more likely that they asked the FIA whether such a system would be legal in order to try and get the Merc and/or Red Bull systems ruled as against F1's regulations

f1316

FW17 wrote:Dieselgate Pt. 2

US Gov't Accuses Fiat Chrysler of Cheating on Emissions

The U.S. government is accusing Fiat Chrysler of failing to disclose software in some of its pickups and SUVs with diesel engines that allows them to emit more pollution than allowed under the Clean Air Act.

The Environmental Protection Agency said in a statement Thursday that it issued a "notice of violation" to the company that covers about 104,000 vehicles including the 2014 through 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram pickups, all with 3-liter diesel engines. The California Air Resources Board took similar action.

The EPA scheduled a news conference Thursday to explain details of the case.

"Failing to disclose software that affects emissions in a vehicle's engine is a serious violation of the law, which can result in harmful pollution in the air we breathe," said Cynthia Giles, EPA assistant administrator for enforcement and compliance.

The agency said it will continue to investigate the "nature and impact" of the devices. The agency said FCA may be liable for civil penalties for the alleged violations of the Clean Air Act. The EPA is investigating whether the auxiliary emission control devices constitute "defeat devices," which are illegal because they turn off pollution controls.

Fiat Chrysler's shares fell more than 16 percent after the news was announced to $9.29.

The announcement comes one day after Fiat rival Volkswagen pleaded guilty in federal court to criminal charges related to widespread cheating involving emissions tests with its "Clean Diesel" line of vehicles. Six high-ranking VW executives have been charged in the scandal. VW agreed to pay a record$4.3 billion penalty for cheating on emissions tests.
I may have got this completely wrong but I thought part of spinning off Ferrari was that it became an entirely separate entity from FCA (albeit the president of Ferrari is also the CEO of FCA).

Is there not something along these lines? I'll admit the spinning off/floating bit confused me a bit.

bhall II

Yeah, Ferrari is now a Dutch company - not kidding - and has no official ties to FCA.

GPR-A duplicate2

Does this point to Ferrari ditching pronounced white on the overalls and returning to all red?

Scuderia1967

GPR-A wrote:Does this point to Ferrari ditching pronounced white on the overalls and returning to all red?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2ndoqDXUAACxkB.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbLuVNzWIAAOike.png
I find these a bit too simplistic to be the actual 2017 designs, but let's wait and see. On a side note, Seb is still wearing the 2016 overalls in the Race of Champions

Gridlock

I think there's 20 reasons per pack why it was more white and red last year fwiw. He was their marketing guy after all.

FrukostScones

Liberty Media ready to take Ferrari privileges.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GoranF1

Q: Sebastian, you were out already in the first round of RoC. What happpend?

Sebastian: Blue flags...

Q: But Sebastian you were alone on track?

Sebastian: Blue flags...honestly...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Gridlock

FrukostScones wrote:Liberty Media ready to take Ferrari privileges.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url
A certain 'journalist' has been hyperventilating about this on twitter, I take it Mr E is not happy.

FW17

Hope Ferrari, Red Bull, Strategy group all gets torn up and fresh deals done.