2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

Palmer needs to be replaced asap. I put him in the same pool as Ericsson, Nasr, Mehri, Stevens, Chilton. None of them are good enough for F1. I guess Palmer could argue he is the best of that bunch as he has a GP2 title to his name.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:19
Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 18:51

As for Hulkenberg, i think his behaviour to Magnussen was vastly unprofessional to begin with, Kevin got a penalty for his move, i'm not saying it was undeserved, but i've seen far worse get away with nothing. Hulkenberg imho was rather frustrated during the race and this had a history. I have a feeling things didn't go down so well between Nico and Kevin before. I like Kevin's no-nonsense approach though.
Seriously? do you think Magnussen´s reaction was professional?

I guess Nico was fed up with Magnussen because its not the first he has problems with him on the track. The penalty was well deserved and his reaction was pretty bigheated. But don´t get me wrong, I aso think that NIco should have not accused him of being a dirty driver in front of the cameras. I prefer if they dicuss it behind the lights.
taking words out of their context and then inventing saying stuff that i never said is rather uncalled for, for reals.
Did i say Magnussen's reaction was professional? No.

But on that public act of Nico, he got what he asked for, and there was clearly history there.

And to be frank, Hulkenberg is sore mentioning he'll go to 'daddy teacher' Charlie Whiting about his reaction to cry and weep over it. Matter of fact, Hulkenberg still is sore about it as he now accused Magnussen about being a 'wannebe max verstappen' with his blocking.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 09:53
Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 08:19
Manoah2u wrote:
01 Aug 2017, 18:51

As for Hulkenberg, i think his behaviour to Magnussen was vastly unprofessional to begin with, Kevin got a penalty for his move, i'm not saying it was undeserved, but i've seen far worse get away with nothing. Hulkenberg imho was rather frustrated during the race and this had a history. I have a feeling things didn't go down so well between Nico and Kevin before. I like Kevin's no-nonsense approach though.
Seriously? do you think Magnussen´s reaction was professional?

I guess Nico was fed up with Magnussen because its not the first he has problems with him on the track. The penalty was well deserved and his reaction was pretty bigheated. But don´t get me wrong, I aso think that NIco should have not accused him of being a dirty driver in front of the cameras. I prefer if they dicuss it behind the lights.
taking words out of their context and then inventing saying stuff that i never said is rather uncalled for, for reals.
Did i say Magnussen's reaction was professional? No.

But on that public act of Nico, he got what he asked for, and there was clearly history there.

And to be frank, Hulkenberg is sore mentioning he'll go to 'daddy teacher' Charlie Whiting about his reaction to cry and weep over it. Matter of fact, Hulkenberg still is sore about it as he now accused Magnussen about being a 'wannebe max verstappen' with his blocking.
Perhaps I missunderstood you but this sentence "I like Kevin's no-nonsense approach though" led me to think that you were aproving his reaction. If not, I apoligize.

I still maintain that "suck my balls" is a pretty slum-dweller reaction by Magnussen. There are 1000 bettreways to give a harsh reply to Nico.

I can´t recall Nico saying that he will go to Charlie. But you have the right to do it if a driver makes a dangerous/too agressive move.

Magnussen was the one who made the move and received a deserved penalty and the one one gave a quite "out of place" answer to Nico´s accusation. I find quite weird that you still justify Magnussen and focus all your critics on Nico.

Manoah2u

I think it was rather hilarious reaction, to a provocation but nevertheless i never said it was professional or the right thing to do.
As for his no-nonsense approach, he had all the right to defend agaisnt Hulk on track like he did. It was deemed wrong and he got a penalty for it.
Still Hulk keeps whining about it and being sore. Hulk couldn't get passed the Haas, it was a fight for position, and Hulk must not act like he deserved
a blue flag. Again, there was clearly history between them on the matter, and i think K-mag was fed up with it which called for this - inappropraite - response.
Nico said he was going to Charlie about the reaction and that he thinks the 5 sec penalty wasn't enough. So will the team.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 10:11
I think it was rather hilarious reaction, to a provocation but nevertheless i never said it was professional or the right thing to do.
As for his no-nonsense approach, he had all the right to defend agaisnt Hulk on track like he did. It was deemed wrong and he got a penalty for it.
Still Hulk keeps whining about it and being sore. Hulk couldn't get passed the Haas, it was a fight for position, and Hulk must not act like he deserved
a blue flag. Again, there was clearly history between them on the matter, and i think K-mag was fed up with it which called for this - inappropraite - response.
Nico said he was going to Charlie about the reaction and that he thinks the 5 sec penalty wasn't enough. So will the team.
I have never said he hadn´t the right to defend himself, the problem for him is that he want too far.

Both reactions were a consequence of a previous history(Magnussen fustrated with the penalty and Nico fed up with his defensive moves) and the heat of the moment. According to what it has been shown in Instagram it seems that they have solved their problems.

marmer

NathanOlder wrote:Palmer needs to be replaced asap. I put him in the same pool as Ericsson, Nasr, Mehri, Stevens, Chilton. None of them are good enough for F1. I guess Palmer could argue he is the best of that bunch as he has a GP2 title to his name.
Merhi might have been decent if I remember he often had a compromised manor and an ill fitting seat compared to his teammate so he never really had a chance

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 10:17
Manoah2u wrote:
02 Aug 2017, 10:11
I have never said he hadn´t the right to defend himself, the problem for him is that he want too far.

Both reactions were a consequence of a previous history(Magnussen fustrated with the penalty and Nico fed up with his defensive moves) and the heat of the moment. According to what it has been shown in Instagram it seems that they have solved their problems.
this is not from a single race weekend, this is carried long.

Fifty

I thought it was hilarious. We have gotten to PC in This world. Everything has to happen behind closed doors and everyone needs to be so polite and dishonest in public.

Screw it! I like the honesty and the back and forth and the language...

I almost threw up in my mouth when another driver brought up "...what will the children think..." in regards to some other crap.

Benoit

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you somes questions :

- Do you think Palmer will make the totality of the year ?
- Do you think Kubica is the good solution for renault, it's not better for team to take Occon, Alonso or Perez ?
and my last question it's about the team, today Renault take the 8th position but I hope they can take the 5 or 6 position, are you agree with me ? Or it's not possible for this year.

Thank you so much for your opinion

And sorry for my english I'm here for trying to improve my language and knowing your thought

ME4ME

Benoit wrote:
05 Aug 2017, 12:41
Hello every one,

I would like to know your opinion about :

- Do you think Palmer will make the totality of the year ?
- Do you think Kubica is the good solution for renault, it's not better to take Occon or Alonso ?
and my last question it's about the team, today Renault take the 8th position but I hope they can take the 5 or 6 position,

Thank you so much for your opinion

And sorry for my english I'm here for trying to improve my language and knowing your thought
Ocon is under contract by Force India until the end of next year. He also is a Mercedes junior driver. I think Renault could go for Kubica in 2018, but indeed Ocon could be a good long term option. Renault did actually spoke about wanting to 'grow' their own driver and making him a world champion and a recognizeable Renault ambasidor

Manoah2u

Kubica will fit that ambassador role perfectly, was and hopefully still is a future world champion [there was talk about him going to Ferrari before his accident even], so he'd fit that role perfectly and is the face of Renault more or less. He'll be loyal like a dog too.

Palmer probably will make the totality of the year, i do expect kubica to get regular friday testing though. Palmer just won't exist in f1 anymore after this stint. good riddance.

As for Ocon, indeed, he's a merc protegé and won't be going to Renault.
Alonso will stay with Mclaren. He's not motivated enough to repeat adisappointed stint with Renault after having a disappointed stint with Ferrari and Mclaren up untill now, and there's light on the Mclaren horizon.

Bottas would be interesting and probably went to Renault to replace palmer this year had the Mercedes seat not popped up thanks to Rosberg's retiring.
He's doing great at Mercedes and Toto said signing him for 2018 is a no-brainer so i see no reason for him to go to Renault when there's a Merc seat he's comfortably in.

Leaves us with Sainz, who has a lot of potential, is a strong and fast driver, and is beginning to mature now. Unfortunately, he has a transfer sum attached to him so that needs to be coughed up first, and repeatedly word is that he is a bit of a hothead to work with - both in regards to the infamous firey situation with verstappen @ toro rosso, and recently the 'issue' with Marko, who even said 'you don't bite the hand that feeds you' and there seemingly was some rush to get rid of Sainz. Whatever is true about that i don't know, but stories like this surrounding a driver isn't really helping his cause to get a good seat, and that surely would be on Renault's mind too.

And the simple fact is, they have seen Kubica data, and well, he's right there and ready, so why not just give it a go? If he - unfortunately - can't cope or keep up after all, it's been a nice try but we've come this far, and that's it and replace him after all with a driver that is able then. perhaps the car will be very interesting by then too and they'll have more interest.

Vanja #66

It wasn't talk, Kubica had pre-contract arrangement with Scuderia for 2012. Alonso was looking forward to it and had personal input in making it happen...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

godlameroso

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 12:37
Kubica will fit that ambassador role perfectly, was and hopefully still is a future world champion [there was talk about him going to Ferrari before his accident even], so he'd fit that role perfectly and is the face of Renault more or less. He'll be loyal like a dog too.

Palmer probably will make the totality of the year, i do expect kubica to get regular friday testing though. Palmer just won't exist in f1 anymore after this stint. good riddance.

Alonso will stay with Mclaren. He's not motivated enough to repeat adisappointed stint with Renault after having a disappointed stint with Ferrari and Mclaren up untill now, and there's light on the Mclaren horizon.

Bottas would be interesting and probably went to Renault to replace palmer this year had the Mercedes seat not popped up thanks to Rosberg's retiring.
He's doing great at Mercedes and Toto said signing him for 2018 is a no-brainer so i see no reason for him to go to Renault when there's a Merc seat he's comfortably in.

Leaves us with Sainz, who has a lot of potential, is a strong and fast driver, and is beginning to mature now. Unfortunately, he has a transfer sum attached to him so that needs to be coughed up first, and repeatedly word is that he is a bit of a hothead to work with - both in regards to the infamous firey situation with verstappen @ toro rosso, and recently the 'issue' with Marko, who even said 'you don't bite the hand that feeds you' and there seemingly was some rush to get rid of Sainz. Whatever is true about that i don't know, but stories like this surrounding a driver isn't really helping his cause to get a good seat, and that surely would be on Renault's mind too.

And the simple fact is, they have seen Kubica data, and well, he's right there and ready, so why not just give it a go? If he - unfortunately - can't cope or keep up after all, it's been a nice try but we've come this far, and that's it and replace him after all with a driver that is able then. perhaps the car will be very interesting by then too and they'll have more interest.
As far as Sainz goes maybe trading him to Renault could be used to ensure Red Bull continues getting the best engines Renault has to offer.
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Aug 2017, 10:59
It wasn't talk, Kubica had pre-contract arrangement with Scuderia for 2012. Alonso was looking forward to it and had personal input in making it happen...
interesting, i wasn't sure about that anymore but thanks for the correction :P

Benoit

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 12:37

Thanks for your answer,

but I don't agree with you for ocon, At the moment he's in force india team and he's protected by mercedes but I read an article of force india and they talked about to change their name and Lawrence STROLL will be interest. I think if lawrence STROLL become a sponsor for force india they will put Lance STROLL of second driver (with perez) and Ocon will be free.

I don't know who is better for renault but i think ocon will be a very nice choice,
I heard something about Romain Grosjean but I think he's a bad choice for renault team