2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TAG

Re: 2017 Renault Sport F1 Team - Renault

Sainz's new Renault liveried helmet. Pretty dammed good looking piece of hardware if you ask me.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Manoah2u

Looks absolutely great! i like that the RedBull logo isn't that prominent on his helmet anylonger. Something i do understand but do despise with the RB-contracted boys.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Webber2011

TAG wrote:
20 Oct 2017, 13:43
Sainz's new Renault liveried helmet. Pretty dammed good looking piece of hardware if you ask me.

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5A70CF49
I quite like it, pretty classy in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing 👍

Nickel

Sainz is looking pretty handy vs hulkenberg, especially considering it's his first race with Renault. Can't wait to watch them duke it out and see where the interpersonal dynamic goes from there.

Manoah2u

Sainz did outstanding, he beat Nico on his first outing and put the car in a handy place. Will be very interesting to see what will happen from here on.
It is 100000000% clear just how much of a improvement Sainz is over that absolute trashcan of a Palmer. It was embarassing and quite frankly, looking at how
good Sainz is in that car on his first ever outing, only doubles that embarassment. For the love of god i hope we'll never ever see Palmer in anything F1 ever again.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

jjn9128

Manoah2u wrote:
22 Oct 2017, 16:47
Sainz did outstanding, he beat Nico on his first outing and put the car in a handy place. Will be very interesting to see what will happen from here on.
It is 100000000% clear just how much of a improvement Sainz is over that absolute trashcan of a Palmer. It was embarassing and quite frankly, looking at how
good Sainz is in that car on his first ever outing, only doubles that embarassment. For the love of god i hope we'll never ever see Palmer in anything F1 ever again.
It would be interesting to know if Hulkenburg (as well as Verstappen and Hartley) have gone for a more aggressive/lower DF 'race' set-up and compromised their qualifying performance relative to their team-mates (all were slower knowing they had to take 10-20 grid penalties). That said Hulk was quicker on the only run he did in q1, against Sainz's run at the same point of q1 - he seemed to do the same against Palmer. Through practice they were close then Hulk seemed to have a bit more in qualifying.

It is amazing how easy switching teams seems to be for these young guys though. I remember how Fisichella struggled in the Ferrari when he switched from Force India in 2009. Maybe that's tyres - Ferrari had their special relationship with Bridgestone.

I disliked Palmer ever since qualifying in Australia last year - he binned the car in p3 then moaned that the team didn't get him out for more that 1 lap after having to rebuild the whole car.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Manoah2u

I don't think that one incident with Giancarlo is a good example, due to the Ferrari being one tough cookie to drive. Badoer was embarassing too in that Ferrari.

It goes without saying offcourse that since the Renault signing, the idea was to get him in that Renault ASAP, they needed to get the contracts sorted out first before being able to transport Sainz 'midseason' to Renault and get rid of Palmer. BUT it goes without saying that i'm confident from the moment Sainz was signed, he went into the Renault RS17 simulator and has done extensive simulator work, so it's not really like he came totally unprepared.

kptaylor

I'm sure it helped Sainz moving from Renault power to Renault power. Would have been much more difficult if he went to a Merc or Ferrari car. Nevertheless, he did an outstanding job that justified paying off Palmer to leave. Hopefully he and Nico can score enough points to repay that money in WCC dollars.

Manoah2u

Huge round of applause to Sainz. that was nothing short of impressive. Earned his place well and through. Palmer would have binned the car or left it dry and pointless.

Thanks to Sainz, they've now passed HAAS, and are just 5 points short of Toro Rosso, which i'm sure they'll bag next race, hopefully with an intact Renault for Hulk. Williams probably will be a stretch too far,

GPR-A duplicate2

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:05
Huge round of applause to Sainz. that was nothing short of impressive. Earned his place well and through. Palmer would have binned the car or left it dry and pointless.
Can you imagine, what a morale booster his performance is for that side of the garage? Who have been deprived of a good driver and all their hard was going down the drain, all this long.

Manoah2u

Most definately. Palmer never looked in the mirror, the problem was always somewhere else and somebody else's fault (through his entire career, for that matter), daddy always was there to hold his hand and tap him on his shoulder, the 'team' let him down always with technical issues, but never ever was Jolyon to be looking at himself whenever he had an opportunity. And when there was an opportunity, or a car that worked like a charm, he parked the car in the wall or crashed it in the most embarassing sub-rookie ways.

Palmer managed to grab 8 points the entire season vs Hulkenberg's 34, despite the Hulk actually having MORE retirements.
And then Sainz grabs 7 points in his first outing ever with Renault, 1 point short of Palmer's total race tally.

Also LOVED Sainz' battle with Alonso.

Fulcrum

Hulkenberg got a bit of a thrashing this weekend, all things considered. Let's see how he responds.

Sieper

What Happened to Hulk's engine? Anybody knows?

Great drive by Sainz indeed, composed!

r101

Sieper wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 16:10
What Happened to Hulk's engine? Anybody knows?

Great drive by Sainz indeed, composed!
I think I read somewhere that it was the drop in the oil pressure that caused Hulk to retire.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/stat ... on-lift%2F

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:23
Manoah2u wrote:
23 Oct 2017, 12:05
Can you imagine, what a morale booster his performance is for that side of the garage? Who have been deprived of a good driver and all their hard was going down the drain, all this long.
What Renault mechanics and engineers feel now: RELIEF.

With both Sainz and Hulk collecting a good amount of points I hope they can put Wiliams under some pressure. Their car is pretty irregular and Stroll is underperforming again, at least on qualy.