2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Scuderia1967 wrote:"McLaren is ready to win, Honda may not be". Really, Eric?

http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/201 ... b468d.html
Sounds like they've fallen for the ol' 'if everything goes according to schedule, nothing goes according to plan".

Perhaps we will see a Honda engine that, although much improved over last season, won't be able to show it's full potential until we are fully into the season. Where podiums will be the most we can hope for until that potential is realized? I have hope, and maybe Boullier's comments were taken a bit off context but it comes off as condescending.
Saishū kōnā

bauc

godlameroso wrote:

Sounds like they've fallen for the ol' 'if everything goes according to schedule, nothing goes according to plan".

Perhaps we will see a Honda engine that, although much improved over last season, won't be able to show it's full potential until we are fully into the season. Where podiums will be the most we can hope for until that potential is realized? I have hope, and maybe Boullier's comments were taken a bit off context but it comes off as condescending.
It is MARCA and they always over dramatize everything, who knows in what context were Erics's words - no way in hell they will bash HONDA without even doing a one lap of testing with the new PU
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Vasconia

bauc wrote:
It is MARCA and they always over dramatize everything, who knows in what context were Erics's words - no way in hell they will bash HONDA without even doing a one lap of testing with the new PU
I agree though Honda´s comments about the risks of the new PU don´t help. Anyway it sounds quite pretentious taking into account that McLaren chasis hasn´t been a race winner since 2012.

Scuderia1967

bauc wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Yes, because this would be the first time someone at McLaren bashed their engine supplier...

GoranF1

Boulier said at Pirelli event, Honda has done a great job over the winter
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Yes, because this would be the first time someone at McLaren bashed their engine supplier...
Well I agree but they've moved on from that RedBull - Renault style of accusations game, and Eric could have easily said we know Honda made progress with the PU but we are not sure if they can release its potential during the year and MARCA goes with the headline HONDA not ready to WIN. Its just how some of today's media work, I would not want to push it too far and say clickbite headline

bauc

Vasconia wrote:
bauc wrote:
I agree though Honda´s comments about the risks of the new PU don´t help. Anyway it sounds quite pretentious taking into account that McLaren chasis hasn´t been a race winner since 2012.
Yes correct, their chassis havent been a championship material in the last 4 seasons but lets face it, it was a decent enough to be on the podium few times last year if the hole PU package was stronger

mclaren111

Thunders wrote:He didn't predict anything.
"could be the surprise package"

As good as a prediction in my view !! ?? !!

Thunder

Well then my understanding of the english Language is worse than i thought. :mrgreen:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

mclaren111 wrote:

"could be" implicates uncertainty. So it's not a prediction, but putting forward a possibility.
#AeroFrodo

Scuderia1967

bauc wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
Well I agree but they've moved on from that RedBull - Renault style of accusations game, and Eric could have easily said we know Honda made progress with the PU but we are not sure if they can release its potential during the year and MARCA goes with the headline HONDA not ready to WIN. Its just how some of today's media work, I would not want to push it too far and say clickbite headline
This is on the article:
"Do not pay attention to everything that is published, McLaren are ready to win but Honda may not be," Boullier told MARCA at a Pirelli event in Turin"
So it's not the usual "We heard from such and such who heard it from such and such", it's a direct quote. And, by the way, MARCA is a very well known and respected spanish sports newspaper, not some blogger/tweeter guy looking for clicks

Big Mangalhit

turbof1 wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

"could be" implicates uncertainty. So it's not a prediction, but putting forward a possibility.
Putting forward a possibility is the very definition of prediction. And every prediction has uncertainty to a certain degree

Vasconia

Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
This is on the article:
"Do not pay attention to everything that is published, McLaren are ready to win but Honda may not be," Boullier told MARCA at a Pirelli event in Turin"
So it's not the usual "We heard from such and such who heard it from such and such", it's a direct quote. And, by the way, MARCA is a very well known and respected spanish sports newspaper, not some blogger/tweeter guy looking for clicks
Well known yes, respected.... :mrgreen:

Anyway, you are right when you hightlight that (theoretically) its a quote, so it seems that Boullier has actually said this.

Scuderia1967

Vasconia wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
This is on the article:
Well known yes, respected.... :mrgreen:

Anyway, you are right when you hightlight that (theoretically) its a quote, so it seems that Boullier has actually said this.
Not a Real fan, I reckon :lol:

mrluke

Scuderia1967 wrote:
bauc wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
This is on the article:
Would Mclaren have won a race if they had the Renault engine?

More cheap shots as per usual, when will Mclaren stop blaming everybody else for their poor performance?