2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mesteño

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Regarding to the veracity and seriousness of Marca as newspaper, I am spanish too, and I can tell you there is plenty of bad speaking of a diary that tends to speak well of Real Madrid, it is related to Madrid and spanish athletes, but there are no more well based reasons to put it in doubt. Especially in this case, when there is no gain.

So don't be ashamed to give credibility to their articles, news articles, just because the 'hate' and non profound analysis. All media are useful as long as you have critical eye on them, so are Gazzetta, BBC, and L'equipe.

Automatic denial is never good.

SectorOne

Alonso announced he will be running BELL helmets this year. Seems like there´s been a migration lately to Bell helmets.
PR or superior design/ergonomics?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gary123

SectorOne wrote:Alonso announced he will be running BELL helmets this year. Seems like there´s been a migration lately to Bell helmets.
Also Vandoorne used a Bell Helmet during the Honda Thanks Day.

Here he is using it in the seat fit of the MCL32

ringo

I think the black and orange wont standout much on the track.
They have been using a lot of neon themed visuals lately. I suspect a neon orange with a little black and then the return of white.
For Sure!!

SR71

ringo wrote:I think the black and orange wont standout much on the track.
They have been using a lot of neon themed visuals lately. I suspect a neon orange with a little black and then the return of white.
I haven't seen one visual showing neon orange. The orange ive seen is burnt and a bit muddy.

Also, neon is tremendously hard to show in RGB due to the specular quality of neon. I highly doubt mclaren are implying this.

PlatinumZealot

The McLaren orange, sometimes called rocket red is often described as "dayglo" orange. Remember that British call Neon colours dayglo (a brand of paint). So it could very well be that the neon colours show up as burnt or muddy on your tv screen.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SR71

PlatinumZealot wrote:The McLaren orange, sometimes called rocket red is often described as "dayglo" orange. Remember that British call Neon colours dayglo (a brand of paint). So it could very well be that the neon colours show up as burnt or muddy on your tv screen.
Those were Marlboro colors though, not mclaren.

I understand how different the colors look like in real life vs photo/image. All official imagery from this 2017 season has been using orange hues not even close to rocket red or what rocket red looks like in photo/image. Nor has it looked neon orange which is quite different than neon red.

Vasconia

Mesteño wrote:Regarding to the veracity and seriousness of Marca as newspaper, I am spanish too, and I can tell you there is plenty of bad speaking of a diary that tends to speak well of Real Madrid, it is related to Madrid and spanish athletes, but there are no more well based reasons to put it in doubt. Especially in this case, when there is no gain.

So don't be ashamed to give credibility to their articles, news articles, just because the 'hate' and non profound analysis. All media are useful as long as you have critical eye on them, so are Gazzetta, BBC, and L'equipe.

Its not denying any info coming from Marca by default, but its more about taking with a grain of salt everything that comes from this newspaper, mainly when we speak about F1.

About the posted photos, they look nice. I hope the actual car´s has something to do with it.

Scuderia1967

SectorOne wrote:Alonso announced he will be running BELL helmets this year. Seems like there´s been a migration lately to Bell helmets.
Maybe both? They sure look awesome, far better for sure than Arai (let's face it, the japanese have been using the same design since the 80's...) or those fugly Stilo ones

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Scuderia1967

Thunders wrote:Glen knows :o :o
http://mclrn.co/2017Paint
So the car will be white with random splashes of black ink :lol:

taris

:shock:
Last edited by taris on 20 Feb 2017, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

the EDGE

Let's just say for 1 minute that this is really the McL 32, can anyone explain that nose and the wing pylons?

The design doesn't seem to follow any know aero philosophy that I am aware of, or take any cues from previous solutions I have seen.

Does anyone know what the inspiration for the design maybe, for either the 'fake' CGI or its the real car argument?

EDIT: would it create downforce on the nose tip with pylons shaped like that?

Andres125sx

Mesteño wrote:Regarding to the veracity and seriousness of Marca as newspaper, I am spanish too, and I can tell you there is plenty of bad speaking of a diary that tends to speak well of Real Madrid, it is related to Madrid and spanish athletes, but there are no more well based reasons to put it in doubt. Especially in this case, when there is no gain.

Not sure if you´re refering to me, but since I did criticize Marca as a sensationalist media and you´re criticizing those who criticize marca arguing that´s because we "hate" it or make "automatic denials", I must assume you were actually refering to me. You couldn´t have been more wrong man, I´m a Real Madrid supporter :wink:

But that does not change the fact they have to feed their readers with daily news, and if there´re no news, they have to invent something exageratting any trivial fact or statement. In my book that´s the definition of sensationalism :roll:

Anycase I´d say they´re only slightly above average, my opinion about most other media sources is pretty similar

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."