2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Joseki
Joseki

Re: 2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

They dodget a bullet.

HPD

I'm Honda fans, I'm glad the contract is over. =D>
It is much better to try to have an agreement with TR

wesley123
wesley123

Imo terminating the deal isn't a very good idea. Sauber is struggling, lacking money. Their owners are an investment company, and they would want to see returns at some point, and Honda buying Sauber would have been a fairly plausible possibility. A plausible possibility that would have secured the teams future, instead of being a backmarker.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Sniffit

wesley123 wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 18:53
Imo terminating the deal isn't a very good idea. Sauber is struggling, lacking money. Their owners are an investment company, and they would want to see returns at some point, and Honda buying Sauber would have been a fairly plausible possibility. A plausible possibility that would have secured the teams future, instead of being a backmarker.
Longbow is a for all intents and purposes a middleman. If the owners are who they are reputed to be, it's not about money for them (although they are not idiots, they won't piss it all away). In my opinion they are looking at FI and aims to beat them in the future and hopefully brake even while nursing Swedish talent.

Question remains, if my statement above is true, why the hell are they letting Felix Rosenqvist mess around in Indy and FE?

RS200E

Squid wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 17:22
I hope this means Longbow is willing to put the money down for Ferrari's 2018 engines next year. If they show up with one year old engines again, there goes all faith I still had in Sauber's new management.
Will be great for them if they even get 2017 Ferrari engines.

Interesting the tactics that Kaltenborn used by trying to ensure survival and probably not much else, while Vasseur is looking for something to get better results. I only say that because any other other than the Honda will probably be better as Honda haven't really improved much.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

Sniffit

RS200E wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 20:38
Squid wrote:
I hope this means Longbow is willing to put the money down for Ferrari's 2018 engines next year. If they show up with one year old engines again, there goes all faith I still had in Sauber's new management.

Interesting the tactics that Kaltenborn used by trying to ensure survival and probably not much else, while Vasseur is looking for something to get better results. I only say that because any other other than the Honda will probably be better as Honda haven't really improved much.
Well Vasseur told motorsports.com
Vasseur is adamant that the team must have current spec engines in order to motivate the personnel.

"I think it's a key point. We are in a tough situation this season. First you have no update during the season, no update of fuel, lubricants and so on.

"I think at some stage it's probably more difficult to motivate everybody in the team if you start the season with the engine of the previous year.

"It's not a matter of money. I think it's important for the team. I don't want to speak about the company, but for the team, for every single person in the team, to be sure we are pushing like hell on every single department.

"The engine is one part of the discussion, and we need to have the last spec of the engine, for sure."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/saub ... 35173/?s=1

RS200E

Sniffit wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 21:45
RS200E wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 20:38
Squid wrote:

Vasseur is adamant that the team must have current spec engines in order to motivate the personnel.

"I think it's a key point. We are in a tough situation this season. First you have no update during the season, no update of fuel, lubricants and so on.

"I think at some stage it's probably more difficult to motivate everybody in the team if you start the season with the engine of the previous year.

"It's not a matter of money. I think it's important for the team. I don't want to speak about the company, but for the team, for every single person in the team, to be sure we are pushing like hell on every single department.

"The engine is one part of the discussion, and we need to have the last spec of the engine, for sure."
Hope it isn't just PR talk aka BS and hope they do get current engines. If money isn't an issue then it shouldn't be a problem.

When I watch F1 with my dad who is more of a casual viewer he is quite tough on Sauber, making remarks like "why do they even bother", "they only get in the way while getting lapped", "they should go home", "Ericsson? Who's that".

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

adios Sauber.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

wesley123
wesley123

Sniffit wrote:

“I want to motivate you so I'll end a contract for a 2018 spec PU and will give you uncertainty in a point of time where you will be starting the design for next year's car"
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Zynerji

wesley123 wrote:
28 Jul 2017, 00:43
Sniffit wrote:

“I want to motivate you so I'll end a contract for a 2018 spec PU and will give you uncertainty in a point of time where you will be starting the design for next year's car"
This ^^^

RS200E

Manoah2u wrote:
27 Jul 2017, 23:55
adios Sauber.
What do you mean? Are you speaking from Honda's point of view?

RS200E

wesley123 wrote:
Sniffit wrote:

He said to Kravitz that he will make a statement as to what engine they will have before the summer break. So not much more uncertainty to go. Less so than even if they stuck with the Honda deal that's for sure.

GhostF1
GhostF1

They've either been able to secure Merc or Ferrari 2018 PU's or AT MINIMAL have the starting of fruitful conversations behind the scenes, or in my opinion they've made a big mistake. We haven't got the full picture, it's starting to get quite late for next years development to begin and now with Honda out, if they have no concrete engine choice in sight, it's looking grim. In light of these events and what Vasseur has said, I expect the Ferrari relationship to continue but they'll move back up to current spec PU's. But they'll need to sort this out fast.

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

wesley123 wrote:
He literally just said, we'll have a current spec engine... and it won't be a Honda. There is no one with any common sense who think Honda won't be the worst engine next year as well, they aren't going to suddenly hit a home run and everyone else is improving as well.

So either everyone is already thinking oh god, a Honda, why even bother next year we'll be even further back and we won't finish half the races we have done this year... or you tell everyone we won't be in that situation and soon we'll have a 2018 engine from Ferrari or Renault sorted for next year. If anyone can take that as bad news or bad for motivation, wow.

Singabule
Singabule

Two satelit team for Ferrari instead of one.. Interesting