2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jonas_linder

Re: 2017 Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

HpoGT wrote:Hey there. This lecture was just posted on Reddit by the SauberF1 media team. It's a great lecture (1h20m) from Willem Toet about F1 team (staffing, resources), aero regulations (coanda exhaust, F-duct) and other great pieces of insight into the world of F1 and Sauber in particular. I thought I'd post it here since Willem Toet came from Sauber and he discusses the Sauber team and aero department during his time. This might be a little off topic but here goes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHtaa- ... e=youtu.be
I think it is very on topic, it explains what happened in the time leading up to 2014. I especially found it interesting how the "boss" threatened to change to Mercedes which resulted in Ferrari not giving them information and a suboptimal car.

Very interesting talk and even more interesting that Sauber posted it on reddit! :)

ChrisDanger

Manoah2u wrote: Race drivers:

9 Image Marcus Ericsson
TBA <----
Needs an update.

Manoah2u

I cant, cant access it now. Ill ask a mod to help out later today
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sevach

https://twitter.com/RaceOfChampions/sta ... 0168037377 Pascal doing a great Maldonado impression.

skoop

I loved how Massa stopped and immediately came to help the guys. In my opinion it was really nice to see

NathanOlder

The race was finished so I think any driver would have done the same.

An a different note, The Boss reckons Ericsson is a potential winner. A little wide of the mark in my opinion.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... kaltenborn
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

nokivasara

Sevach wrote:https://twitter.com/RaceOfChampions/sta ... 0168037377

Pascal doing a great Maldonado impression.
Eerily similar modus operandi, reminded me of Maldonados arrival at the job interview at Merc.

nokivasara

NathanOlder wrote:The race was finished so I think any driver would have done the same.

An a different note, The Boss reckons Ericsson is a potential winner. A little wide of the mark in my opinion.
Well, Maldonado won a race, as did Olivier Panis among others :)
I don't think it's impossible for Marcus to win a race, given the opportunity, as Kalterborn said in the article.

I really want Sauber to get their sh*t together this year but it's more likely that they'll be last, seems like it's very difficult to climb out of a black hole once you've fallen into one. Look at how Williams and McLaren struggle.
IMO F1 needs these old teams that has been around for decades, but they need to improve on their own of course.

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote: Ericsson a potential winner. A little wide of the mark in my opinion.
Well perhaps if he's in a race driving a WEC car vs an quadruple amputee in a reliant robin with a malfunctioning steering column, he might win.

not being sure about actually winning that really tells everything, honestly.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

nokivasara wrote:
NathanOlder wrote: F1 needs these old teams that has been around for decades, but they need to improve on their own of course.
What if F1 needs more is NOT NEED slimed-up the ladder bankers, accountants, lawyers and any of those office chair theoreticalist analyst 'wallet' and 'portfolio' carrying pests,
as these really are the root of the suffocation implemented on the sport.
Paydrivers and money-slinging unqualified, soulless economists.
get rid of all that misery, and welcome back real sportsmen, real mechanics, motorsport enthusiasts with great ideas and creativity.

f1 has become nothing but a 2-hour advertising campaing for corporate institutes, that 'accidentaly' has some form of racing going on still.

yet still, i dont think money is the biggest problem, its still qualified personell and using the brains.

Take HAAS for example.
Yes, i was the biggest critic of the entire outfit before, but i am pleasantly surprised about their achievements which are nothing short but worthy of many prizes for what they have done.

I do believe that teams like Sauber and Manor at this point too, are going to get into lot more trouble now with Bernie gone.

Bernie has had a big hand in how prize money got shared, given, and calculated, and Sauber has had many benefits from that [ Yes, Manor too, but so has Caterham and co in the past].

I feel with the New owners, that concept will go right out the window. I hope so really.

I dont want to see shameful, miserable ,money laundering messes driving around in the backfield anymore. I dont care that some teams are just much slower and less 'privilidged', but i disgust more when F1 is abused for prize pot money through sneaky and clever constructions from corporate suit-wearing, politically correct, slimy smiling thieves.

I hope Sauber will get rid of Kaltenborn and co and finally place somebody really competent and capable. Hell, Whitmarsh and Capito would be a great pairing i think.

Matter of fact, I think a combo of Ron Dennis, Martin Whitmarsh and Jost Capito would do wonders. Add Pomodrou, James Allison, Pat Symonds and Mario Illien and either a Honda or Renault engine and see it prosper.

Vasconia

NathanOlder wrote:The race was finished so I think any driver would have done the same.

I guess Kaltenborn is only trying to motivate a driver who is paying the bills with the money he has brought. :mrgreen:

Not a bad driver so he could win if the drives a Mercedes. :mrgreen:

Sniffit

Manoah2u wrote: I do believe that teams like Sauber and Manor at this point too, are going to get into lot more trouble now with Bernie gone.

Bernie has had a big hand in how prize money got shared, given, and calculated, and Sauber has had many benefits from that [ Yes, Manor too, but so has Caterham and co in the past].
How did any of these teams benefit from the current prize money structure?

PlatinumZealot

HpoGT wrote:Hey there. This lecture was just posted on Reddit by the SauberF1 media team. It's a great lecture (1h20m) from Willem Toet about F1 team (staffing, resources), aero regulations (coanda exhaust, F-duct) and other great pieces of insight into the world of F1 and Sauber in particular. I thought I'd post it here since Willem Toet came from Sauber and he discusses the Sauber team and aero department during his time. This might be a little off topic but here goes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eHtaa- ... e=youtu.be
at 47 minutes into the video. The downforce graph it seems the 1994 cars had more downforce than the 2008 cars. I wasn't watching F1 back in those times, but can anyone explain why the 1994 cars had so much downforce?
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

FW17

PlatinumZealot wrote: at 47 minutes into the video. The downforce graph it seems the 1994 cars had more downforce than the 2008 cars. I wasn't watching F1 back in those times, but can anyone explain why the 1994 cars had so much downforce?
Huge diffuser with exhaust blowing and no step or plank in the floor

PlatinumZealot

Ok. Thanks. That's interesting. I wonder what the cornering speeds were like? Eau rouge was east flat by then I suppose.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™