2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
cplchanb
cplchanb

Re: RE: Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

denisjp wrote:
cplchanb wrote:
denisjp wrote:It seems Gelael and Jagonya Ayam/KFC might be still interested, as he could now buy the team for a much lower price. I don't have great hopes, but you never know.
uplifting news but ....source?
http://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/22180 ... d-in-manor

now that Ive read the source....not that uplifting..... an average pay driver in a potentially eye gouging Col Sanders livery......

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 Manor F1 Team - Mercedes

can't wait. #sarcasm

funny enough, Giovanazzi drove that

And funny enough, Giovanazzi is a Ferrari test driver and third driver.
Which could funny enough see Manor end up getting Ferrari power again and house Giovanazzi.
House the Indonesian owner's son in the other seat and you're done - Williams Stroll - Style.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gridlock

Equipment and IP as a job lot but not the company or entry, would be my guess for where this goes.

PlatinumZealot

Rumours are the court have issued the order for McLaren to surrender the MP4 naming scheme over to Ron Dennis as he will be using it in the near future.

It is said that along with his consortium of Chinese investors he is threshing through the ownership details with galeal and the jagonya ayam people to buy the manor entry and assets. If these rumours are true we could see this team on the grid this year. Is only a matter if the cars will be project four or project five....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Surely Project 4 still if Ronny boy really fixes this thing. To be honest, i like the idea on a level but i think it's pure rumours based on hopeful thoughts.

I think Dennis deserves a better deal than buying up manor after that shameful ditching. A batch of chinese investors might provide the finances to bring it on to track,
but then you still lack the needed knowledge and quality.

On the other hand, I would really really really like to see Ron Dennis transform Manor into a team that whoops Mclaren's *ss in a year or 2,3. I wouldn't be surprised if
Ron spoons in a Honda engine really fast, or perhaps a Renault engine.

Do it Ron, get those chinese investors aboard, bring in jagonya ayam, slam some money on the table you took from Mclaren, get the manor people back together and make
that chassis quicker than lightning, spoon in a Honda or Renault engine [ or just take Merc! ], take Kobayashi aboard, slam some tens of millions more into the project,
and beat mclaren!

And do it in eye-gouching KFC Indonesia colors :D
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gridlock

The name being taken involuntarily does help understand why Zak Brown said they were sticking with MP4 only a few weeks ago. You don't really want to undermine your new boss like that.

proteus

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ScrewCaptain27

Autosport is now reporting that Mr. Fitzpatrick has officially withdrawn Manor's entry for this season. So it looks to be all over.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

turbof1

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:Autosport is now reporting that Mr. Fitzpatrick has officially withdrawn Manor's entry for this season. So it looks to be all over.
I'm quite saddened by it, but atleast the shutdown was done professionaly, without baillifs or employees not being paid out. Without any investors, this was very unfortunaly the only rational thing they could.

RIP Manor.

I'd also like to invite any ex Manor employees -we know you are silently watching our boards- to participate in the discussion at our boards. A few years ago we had an ex Marussia employee actively conversing around here under the name DisgruntledMarussian, which helped a lot with his insights. We certainly wish to have more guidance for our members.
#AeroFrodo

bill shoe
bill shoe

turbof1 wrote:I'm quite saddened by it, but atleast the shutdown was done professionaly, without baillifs or employees not being paid out.
This type of controlled, honorable wind-down is extremely rare in racing. I've never heard of this happening before. I respect this team even in its death.

I do understand it's still a difficult situation for former employees.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

There are people looking at buying the team assets for a possible entry next year. They are letting the team and its company debts die as the Bianchi Family are looking for a reported €23m., once the company dies, so does their debts and obligations once the company is wound up after its creditors are paid.

Id expect the teams assets to be bought by a single purchaser and then an entry to the 2018 championship to be sought in the next few months. However all the Manor/Marussia team wear stock will head to auction id guess.

Sad to see them go, but if there can be a new team with no links to the past, ill happily support them as F1 needs two or three smaller teams on the grid, and I'm sure that there would be a power unit manufacturer to two that would happily supply a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th team.

turbof1

bill shoe wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I'm quite saddened by it, but atleast the shutdown was done professionaly, without baillifs or employees not being paid out.
This type of controlled, honorable wind-down is extremely rare in racing. I've never heard of this happening before. I respect this team even in its death.

I do understand it's still a difficult situation for former employees.
This is what exactly happened in 2014 to the team. It got only saved at the last possible moment, but at that point most of the employees were already laid off and baillifs had a field day a month or so before.
#AeroFrodo

adrianjordan

ESPImperium wrote:There are people looking at buying the team assets for a possible entry next year. They are letting the team and its company debts die as the Bianchi Family are looking for a reported €23m., once the company dies, so does their debts and obligations once the company is wound up after its creditors are paid.

Id expect the teams assets to be bought by a single purchaser and then an entry to the 2018 championship to be sought in the next few months. However all the Manor/Marussia team wear stock will head to auction id guess.

Sad to see them go, but if there can be a new team with no links to the past, ill happily support them as F1 needs two or three smaller teams on the grid, and I'm sure that there would be a power unit manufacturer to two that would happily supply a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th team.
Maybe the return of Super Aguri to help Honda sort their engine....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Zynerji

adrianjordan wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:There are people looking at buying the team assets for a possible entry next year. They are letting the team and its company debts die as the Bianchi Family are looking for a reported €23m., once the company dies, so does their debts and obligations once the company is wound up after its creditors are paid.

Maybe the return of Super Aguri to help Honda sort their engine....
!!! I would love to see that!!!

ScrewCaptain27

"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian