2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ray=out
ray=out

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:28
etusch wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 18:23
DVB wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 17:26

People never thought the Alonso to Mclaren deal would ever happen again... Everything is possible.

I hope sooo much for a RBR Honda Season with Max and Alonso! That would be epic²
This is not normal condition I think. If I don't remember wrong Honda invited an event all drivers but Alo. Alonso is not radar of any big team anymore.
To be fair, I think that was the case because he's a Toyota driver, neither Honda nor Toyota would like that from a commercial and business perspective.
That's a good point. Would Toyota allow Alonso to race for the defacto works Honda team? And would Honda want a works Toyota driver in one of the seats?

More STR related, if Gasly is promoted, who would Red Bull put into the STR seats? With the rumors swirling around Hartley, I wonder if STR will be looking for 2 new drivers next year? Ticktum won't have enough points to get a superlicense for 2019 and I doubt Sainz will be willing to drive an STR if he doesn't get the RBR seat. Silly season is looking good this year!

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

The Toro Rosso seat is a lot more attractive than it was a couple of months ago. I'm sure a few drivers will be calling Marko. They may have to look outside the program though, but I'm sure the interest will be there. Norris, Stoffel, Wehrlein, Grosjean is under threat. Sebastian Buemi is still on their books, I believe. But he's in the Toyota WEC team, another headache.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McMika98
McMika98

Ocon, Russell, Sainz and Kimi are far more attractive prospect than the ones you mention.
Id take Kimi to RedBull or maybe even Nico Rosberg.
U heard it here first, Nico is coming back for no 2 in RedBull.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 00:26
Ocon, Russell, Sainz and Kimi are far more attractive prospect than the ones you mention.
Id take Kimi to RedBull or maybe even Nico Rosberg.
U heard it here first, Nico is coming back for no 2 in RedBull.
Ocon and Russell are Mercedes drivers, Mercedes are direct competitors to Red Bull, I'd be surprised if Mercedes would agree to that, except it was a complete transfer.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

i hope for pascal weh and norris. two good drivers who can give toro rosso consistent points

McMika98
McMika98

techman wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 02:47
i hope for pascal weh and norris. two good drivers who can give toro rosso consistent points
Ok stop the madness. Just how many points have these two drivers had in f1? Lame.
If Mercedes cant find Ocon or Russell a drive next year, what option do they have.

makecry
makecry

McMika98 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 06:58
techman wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 02:47
Ok stop the madness. Just how many points have these two drivers had in f1? Lame.
If Mercedes cant find Ocon or Russell a drive next year, what option do they have.
Leave alone points, Pascal was like 0.040% faster than a 10kg heavier Ericsson. Weight corrected Pascal would be slower by 0.3-0.4%. Pascal is nothing special, he is mediocre and will never get a seat in f1 again.

ispano6

If Alexander Rossi manages to win the Indy series drivers championship I would seriously consider rewarding him with a F1 drive at STR Honda.

He has unfinished business and if no Japanese drivers have the necessary superlicense points Rossi easily will. F1 needs an American driver too. It would be fitting to have Rossi at Toro Rosso. Hopefully he's still interested in a F1 drive..

urbanglowcam

Button to Red Bull Honda. Let's go! (He's already on Honda's payroll with Super GT)

amho

I expect to see Sainz in redbull.
There is no Might or Power except with Allah.

techman
techman

Pascal was a decent driver, but the car was terrible. nowwhere compared to current sauber. he has experience and gutsy character. at the moment its only gasly giving the points consistently

Big Tea

urbanglowcam wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 09:07
Button to Red Bull Honda. Let's go! (He's already on Honda's payroll with Super GT)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/d8/68 ... 4af148.jpg
A driver who can communicate in Japanese would be a huge bonus for Honda, on and off the track.
I would love to see Button back, just for the fun of it, but it is not going to happen.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

urbanglowcam wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 09:07

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/d8/68 ... 4af148.jpg
i would love that button would be the perfect number 2 driver

TakataDomeNSX
TakataDomeNSX

He's done and why would Button want to be thrashed and then retire? Makes 0 sense. Button is good but no longer wants to be in F1 and has no hunger to put everything on the line again.

Cannonballer
Cannonballer

ray=out wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 21:19
Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:28
etusch wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 18:23

This is not normal condition I think. If I don't remember wrong Honda invited an event all drivers but Alo. Alonso is not radar of any big team anymore.
To be fair, I think that was the case because he's a Toyota driver, neither Honda nor Toyota would like that from a commercial and business perspective.
That's a good point. Would Toyota allow Alonso to race for the defacto works Honda team? And would Honda want a works Toyota driver in one of the seats?

More STR related, if Gasly is promoted, who would Red Bull put into the STR seats? With the rumors swirling around Hartley, I wonder if STR will be looking for 2 new drivers next year? Ticktum won't have enough points to get a superlicense for 2019 and I doubt Sainz will be willing to drive an STR if he doesn't get the RBR seat. Silly season is looking good this year!
Sainz will not turn down a drive for STR when/if his other option is no drive.
Wazari wrote: There's a saying in Japan, He might be higher than testicles on a giraffe...........