2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Singabule
Singabule

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

techman wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 16:16
why are TR running a bigger rear wing plus those draggy halo wings. this is spa. you need less wing
To save tyre

HPD

Q: (Luke Smith – Crash.net) Franz, are you able to give any updates on James Key’s status? McLaren said they had a plan to get him out of his contract early if possible. Do you see that happening any time soon?
FT: I don’t care about the plans from McLaren. Fact is that he has a Toro Rosso contract.

Q: (Dieter Rencken – Racing Lines, Racefans.net) Franz, with the main team, Red Bull Racing, taking on Honda engines next year, are there any plans for yourselves to have a far far closer technical operation in terms of listed parts etc or how do you see that evolving?
FT: We will have a very close cooperation with Red Bull Technology next year because we will have the same rear part, which means the power unit, gearbox and the suspension, everything within the regulations, because we want to use this much.
Yeah, the front suspension as well, the inner parts, not the outer parts, that’s all, but that’s a lot, because you know the complete rear part means also the hydraulics, the electronics, all this kind of stuff.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... lgium.html

techman
techman

most team have removed those ugly halo wings. but not TR. come on TR remove them. renault william and other removed them. this is a power circuit

Zynerji

HPD wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 18:04
Q: (Luke Smith – Crash.net) Franz, are you able to give any updates on James Key’s status? McLaren said they had a plan to get him out of his contract early if possible. Do you see that happening any time soon?
FT: I don’t care about the plans from McLaren. Fact is that he has a Toro Rosso contract.

Q: (Dieter Rencken – Racing Lines, Racefans.net) Franz, with the main team, Red Bull Racing, taking on Honda engines next year, are there any plans for yourselves to have a far far closer technical operation in terms of listed parts etc or how do you see that evolving?
FT: We will have a very close cooperation with Red Bull Technology next year because we will have the same rear part, which means the power unit, gearbox and the suspension, everything within the regulations, because we want to use this much.
Yeah, the front suspension as well, the inner parts, not the outer parts, that’s all, but that’s a lot, because you know the complete rear part means also the hydraulics, the electronics, all this kind of stuff.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... lgium.html
I think people are seriously underestimating the listed parts deal between RBR and STR for next year. I mean, HAAS is like 4-5 best team, and I don't think they have anywhere close to the synergy with Ferrari as these 2 teams will have.

The STR may be the place to be next year, especially if Honda has an engine within 2% of the Fer/Merc.

GhostF1
GhostF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13821 ... nda-praise

Abiteboul yet again trashing Honda... Why does he keep bringing them up, it's getting extremely frustrating.

And I frankly cannot stand people of position, principles, drivers and including reporters with direct contact to the team's all saying Honda has "already gone through its engine allocation so reliability looks poor"... Do people even watch the races anymore???

A majority of those have been tactical and/or direct result from severe accidents. Reliability wise I'd actually say they were better than Renault. There has been minimal on track issues.

Honestly this Abiteboul bloke needs to disappear.

Benii6
Benii6

GhostF1 wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 07:31

Abiteboul yet again trashing Honda... Why does he keep bringing them up, it's getting extremely frustrating.

And I frankly cannot stand people of position, principles, drivers and including reporters with direct contact to the team's all saying Honda has "already gone through its engine allocation so reliability looks poor"... Do people even watch the races anymore???

A majority of those have been tactical and/or direct result from severe accidents. Reliability wise I'd actually say they were better than Renault. There has been minimal on track issues.

Although I agree that Honda's engine allocation isn't representative, you really can't say they are definitely more reliable. While Honda uses one engine for only 3-4 races, others try to go for the intended 7. In other words, because Honda takes tactical penalties, their engines don't have the mileage that others have.

Big Tea

GhostF1 wrote:

The EX syndrome. Like Ex wife, Ex smoker, Ex drinker, Ex supplier. I hope it does not get out of hand.
He is probably getting some grief from his bosses too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

etusch

Benii6 wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 10:19
GhostF1 wrote:

Although I agree that Honda's engine allocation isn't representative, you really can't say they are definitely more reliable. While Honda uses one engine for only 3-4 races, others try to go for the intended 7. In other words, because Honda takes tactical penalties, their engines don't have the mileage that others have.
I also can not say Honda engine more reliable than Renault but we don't find it strange when it was said because of big progress of Honda . Some Renault engines didn't worked with redbull car at its first races. If this is not directly problem of engine's itself, at least it is issues of being costumer team, comes from an engine produced for needs of works team not for costumer. And...

Squid
Squid

Best of Q2, starting P10 and P11 with flexible tyre strategy, in SPA of all places. Job well done if you ask me.

HPD

I'm happy with Hartley, little by little it's closer to Gasly

techman
techman

job done.

Singabule
Singabule

HPD wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 16:10
I'm happy with Hartley, little by little it's closer to Gasly
Well deserved, as next year look bright for him.

Singabule
Singabule

etusch wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 11:29
Benii6 wrote:
25 Aug 2018, 10:19
GhostF1 wrote:

I also can not say Honda engine more reliable than Renault but we don't find it strange when it was said because of big progress of Honda . Some Renault engines didn't worked with redbull car at its first races. If this is not directly problem of engine's itself, at least it is issues of being costumer team, comes from an engine produced for needs of works team not for costumer. And...
And abitebuls**t reject spec C for hulk and asking RB to try it, what a joke! Go honda and kick renault *ss hard

Marti_EF3

Was a good qualy! Even in front of the Saubers and Renault... I think Abiteboul is now eating some words...

!Technical
!Technical

A surprising performance from BOTH drivers. Hartley was just a whisker off Gasly. That is exactly what we want to see. Does anyone have the sector times? I'm interested to know where they are stronger than the likes of Sauber, Williams and Mclaren. The race, of course, is a different beast altogether. Hopefully, they can be the aggressors rather than the prey.