2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

redbull and honda needs to happens. toro rosso can also benefit. but there is no team like the redbulls.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

ispano6 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 10:35
ivanlesk wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 08:59
ispano6 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 06:49

It was actually James Key who said he believes Honda could match Renault by midseason.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... ult-battle

Both believe Honda will match Renault by season end. Next year's packaging should be nice and tight, perhaps it may even get slimmer throughout this season. The question is, how early will Red Bull have access to Honda's 2019 layout so they can start designing around the engine? I'm guessing soon if not already.
No it was actually Marko. Don't twist things.
He said that he believes that Honda will catch Renault by midseason.
Now he believes that will catch Renault by the end.
So what changed?
Or he was lying from begining?
How is it twisting things? Surely you read the article? #-o
Honda is not going to get into the game of over-promising again. TR is not pushing like a pimp.
Just wait and watch the flower bloom, might be a beautiful butterfly out of the cocoon.
"Key believes improving Honda could match Renault by mid-season"

Key is optimistic the Japanese firm have built on their end-of-season progress last year and can wipe out the remaining deficit to Renault.

"The good thing about what we saw from Honda last year is despite all the difficulties they had over the first half of the season they still had the capacity to go and develop the power unit and it definitely was better by the end of the year," the Englishman added.

"That trend appears to have continued into this year and, as long as that trend continues, there's no reason why they can't genuinely be challenging Renault by mid-season or the end of season. That's what we'd like."
In mid February Marko said that Honda will catch Reanualt, and alot of people here took that for granted nad based alot of their argumentation on that.

But when he said now that Honda will catch Renault by the end of season whe have new momentuum...

Oh he didn't said that, oh Key said that ....etc.

So yeah, I'll call it twisting, presuming you had that info.

etusch

For me it is more important that what hasegawa said about competition. I am always aware that if renault will do better updates Honda can not catch. But if renault do good job and Honda can not catch but keep same gap of performance isn't it a good development again?
At the end I believe Honda can catch Mercedes too. Other two also can catch but I am more interested Honda

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 11:51
For me it is more important that what hasegawa said about competition. I am always aware that if renault will do better updates Honda can not catch. But if renault do good job and Honda can not catch but keep same gap of performance isn't it a good development again?
At the end I believe Honda can catch Mercedes too. Other two also can catch but I am more interested Honda
I get uncomfortable when they start giving time frames, which end up being false, Arai san, Ron Dennis, Hasegawa etc: We'll catch Ferrari by Spa (2015), TJI by Malaysia 2016, We'll start 2017 at Mercedes end of 2016 level, we'll catch Renault by the end of 2017. Renault last year was practically a non-moving target last year, but they didn't catch up.
I admire what Honda have achieved, especially over the last few months, I just wish non Honda people (especially Marko) would not create and build up expectations. I believe Honda will work, and the spotlight should be on Toro Rosso, not the senior team. If the bosses can be patient, everybody will be happy. It's the talking and talking that has put Red Bull in the situation they are in with Renault. Marko even made a sly dig at Mclaren and Honda last year, thanking Ron Dennis for vetoing a Red Bull supply. It's Toro Rosso Honda for now, Red Bull can wait.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

i wish torro rosso can get last years redbull chassis modified by mid season. we know end of last season the torro rosso was about 0.8 sec down on the redbull chassis. and it hard to compared when you that further down. hope marko can help honda on this. and with new drivers its not an easy task.

dren

TR is its own entity. I'm sure RB know by know the layout and requirements of the Honda PU and will make the decision at the right time to take advantage of the PU if they choose to use it. Both TR and RB are praising the Honda PU and its progress, so it looks like the marriage will happen.
Honda!

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Ground Effect wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 12:10
etusch wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 11:51
I get uncomfortable when they start giving time frames, which end up being false, Arai san, Ron Dennis, Hasegawa etc: We'll catch Ferrari by Spa (2015), TJI by Malaysia 2016, We'll start 2017 at Mercedes end of 2016 level, we'll catch Renault by the end of 2017. Renault last year was practically a non-moving target last year, but they didn't catch up.
I admire what Honda have achieved, especially over the last few months, I just wish non Honda people (especially Marko) would not create and build up expectations. I believe Honda will work, and the spotlight should be on Toro Rosso, not the senior team. If the bosses can be patient, everybody will be happy. It's the talking and talking that has put Red Bull in the situation they are in with Renault. Marko even made a sly dig at Mclaren and Honda last year, thanking Ron Dennis for vetoing a Red Bull supply. It's Toro Rosso Honda for now, Red Bull can wait.
=D>
Thats bothers me allot.
Most of people around F1 say things to suit their agenda. That was case with McL-Honda and now with TR/RB-Honda.
And then people take this infos, or sentences out of context and develop storys to suit ther agenda.
And all good disicustion is then muted by that kind of chat.

the EDGE
the EDGE

ivanlesk wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 01:17
the EDGE wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 18:18
ivanlesk wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 17:48

Marko changed his mind?

Or did I miss something?
You mean other than the glaringly obvious fact that Christian Horner & Helmut Marko aren't the same person?
???
Marko said mid-season, it wa Christian Horner who said end of season, at least in the article I read in the day you posted this

I haven’t read marko saying end of season

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

"At Toro Rosso, Honda's engine works like a clockwork, is reliable and power output, is equal with Renault."

Says Dietrich Mateschitz. It's all getting confusing now, but really exciting. Friday is around the corner.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Revs84
Revs84

Horner - Honda will match Renault by end of season.

Marko - Honda will match Renault by mid-season.

Mateschitz - Honda is [already] equal to Renault.

:lol:

JonoNic

What exactly was the anomaly that Honda found at the last day of testing?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

Vasconia

Ground Effect wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 15:35
"At Toro Rosso, Honda's engine works like a clockwork, is reliable and power output, is equal with Renault."

Says Dietrich Mateschitz. It's all getting confusing now, but really exciting. Friday is around the corner.
There could be some truth behind this comment but I think Dietrich is trying to put Renault under pressure.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

the EDGE wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 15:03
ivanlesk wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
20 Mar 2018, 18:18

You mean other than the glaringly obvious fact that Christian Horner & Helmut Marko aren't the same person?
???
Marko said mid-season, it wa Christian Horner who said end of season, at least in the article I read in the day you posted this

https://www.thisisf1.com/2018/02/19/hel ... r-2019-f1/

So when i said that Marko changed his mind you thought what? That i read i same interview two things?
If you haven't read something it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

rogazilla
rogazilla

Vasconia wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 16:16
Ground Effect wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 15:35

There could be some truth behind this comment but I think Dietrich is trying to put Renault under pressure.
Agree and I think people need to take these comments and put an * on it. What are they comparing to? Renault was said was running detuned state this test session. Are they comparing Honda with Qualy mode on versus regular state Renault? We don't know at all.

the EDGE
the EDGE

ivanlesk wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 16:23
the EDGE wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 15:03
ivanlesk wrote:

???

https://www.thisisf1.com/2018/02/19/hel ... r-2019-f1/

So when i said that Marko changed his mind you thought what? That i read i same interview two things?
If you haven't read something it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
Point well made, and noted

So have you got the link for Marko saying the end of the season too? I’d be interested in reading that so I was all caught up with the latest development