2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lucky

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

dren wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 20:24
Thunder wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:11
https://www.thisisf1.com/2017/11/27/pet ... n-2018-f1/

“We have signed two sponsors that we haven’t announced yet so I think people can expect to see more great brands on the McLaren race car next year.”
I heard Tampax is one of them.
Tampax disgracefully retired to Toro Rosso

proteus

Xero wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 00:26
The Santander UK deal was primarily with Button and Hamilton, hence why it has ended now Jenson has officially left the team. The original Spanish Santander deal, which Ferrari are losing, was linked to Alonso. Hopefully the UK deal is making way for a new Spanish one? Probably not looking at Santanders new huge Champions League sponsorship deal.
I came across the info that Santander has pulled out of F1 completely. They wont sponsor no teams and not even racing venues.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Craigy

proteus wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 11:20
Xero wrote:
The Santander UK deal was primarily with Button and Hamilton, hence why it has ended now Jenson has officially left the team. The original Spanish Santander deal, which Ferrari are losing, was linked to Alonso. Hopefully the UK deal is making way for a new Spanish one? Probably not looking at Santanders new huge Champions League sponsorship deal.
I came across the info that Santander has pulled out of F1 completely. They wont sponsor no teams and not even racing venues.
Who is the title sponsor of the 2018 F1 British GP?
Hmm.

mclaren111

Prost: 'Vandoorne on the same level as Alonso, or even better!'

Let's hope he's right and Stoffel performs great in 2018

RedNEO

mclaren111 wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 16:54

Lol Prost is smoking some erbs, Alonso blitzed stoffel, especially in qualifying and despite having way more failures still finished ahead on points but stoffel still had a good season for a rookie.

RedNEO

I really hope Renault manage to get reliability sorted because they have a strong engine. I heard around November they were 90% complete on reliablity for 2018 so that’s good. Fingers crossed McLaren hit the ground running in testing for the first time in 3 years!

bonjon1979

Xero wrote:
Santander joined Mclaren when Alonso did and then they followed him to Ferrari. Button joined well after Santander.

adrianjordan

bonjon1979 wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 18:56
Xero wrote:
Santander joined Mclaren when Alonso did and then they followed him to Ferrari. Button joined well after Santander.
Yes, but Hamilton was still there. They used Button even more when he joined as he seemed happier to do publicity stuff. But Hamilton, and later, Button were a big part of Santander establishing themselves in the UK when they bought the old Abbey National.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

mclaren111 wrote:
i've unfortunately noticed Prost recently has been saying a lot of things that make no sense.
I haven't either forgotten his 'Prost GP' stint that was well.....almost embarassing to be honest.
Not MasterCard Lola or USGP embarassing, but still.....

I have the feeling Renault is trying to emulate Mercedes' success by copying the format of an old wise head to 'steer' things in the right direction, but i don't think it's working any way that Mercedes has it going - which i must say, is really a place of cohesion and things fitting together perfectly.

Ferrari seems like a place of internal 'competition' and ego's.

Only RedBull and Mercedes seem to have that perfect working condition. Well, perhaps Haas and Force India do too, but RB and Merc stand out.

as for Mclaren, i still maintain Eric Bouillier should go. He's bland af and just not the man for the job. Zak Brown has been a positive replacement of Ron Dennis imho though we'll have to see results first. He reminds me of Whitmarsh, which i think is still a shame is gone. I think Zak Brown - Whitmarsh would do pretty good. I just get nothing from Bouillier.

Actually, i wonder if Jenson Button wouldn't be a good replacement of Bouillier. He's a real happy friendly guy whose personality in itself motivates people, is a real Playboy and character which F1 needs (i still miss Vijay Mallya's previous presence and i can't help but miss Briatore in F1), i'm just not sure if he's able to be fully committed to the requirements the job has - JB is a competetive sportsman, not really a corporate 'businessman' imho, but then again, that could be his strength.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

the EDGE

Manoah2u wrote:
06 Dec 2017, 19:39
mclaren111 wrote:
i've unfortunately noticed Prost recently has been saying a lot of things that make no sense.
I haven't either forgotten his 'Prost GP' stint that was well.....almost embarassing to be honest.
Not MasterCard Lola or USGP embarassing, but still.....

I have the feeling Renault is trying to emulate Mercedes' success by copying the format of an old wise head to 'steer' things in the right direction, but i don't think it's working any way that Mercedes has it going - which i must say, is really a place of cohesion and things fitting together perfectly.

Ferrari seems like a place of internal 'competition' and ego's.

Only RedBull and Mercedes seem to have that perfect working condition. Well, perhaps Haas and Force India do too, but RB and Merc stand out.

as for Mclaren, i still maintain Eric Bouillier should go. He's bland af and just not the man for the job. Zak Brown has been a positive replacement of Ron Dennis imho though we'll have to see results first. He reminds me of Whitmarsh, which i think is still a shame is gone. I think Zak Brown - Whitmarsh would do pretty good. I just get nothing from Bouillier.

Actually, i wonder if Jenson Button wouldn't be a good replacement of Bouillier. He's a real happy friendly guy whose personality in itself motivates people, is a real Playboy and character which F1 needs (i still miss Vijay Mallya's previous presence and i can't help but miss Briatore in F1), i'm just not sure if he's able to be fully committed to the requirements the job has - JB is a competetive sportsman, not really a corporate 'businessman' imho, but then again, that could be his strength.
Boullier seemed to have plenty of flair at Lotus, he does seem a different man at McLaren. That was understandable under Ron but in the current era you’d think his personality would have re-surfaced by now

That said, I if Mclaren were winning I doubt you’d be complaining & until we get some answers about their form compared to RB next year, we have no idea if Eric’s the right man or not

marmer

RedNEO wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

Lol Prost is smoking some erbs, Alonso blitzed stoffel, especially in qualifying and despite having way more failures still finished ahead on points but stoffel still had a good season for a rookie.
Prost did hit his head recently he was spotted wearing a plaster on his nose so he might be suffering from concussion lol or he has gone mad as a hatter

PlatinumZealot

proteus wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 21:36
dren wrote:
Thunder wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:11
https://www.thisisf1.com/2017/11/27/pet ... n-2018-f1/

“We have signed two sponsors that we haven’t announced yet so I think people can expect to see more great brands on the McLaren race car next year.”
Money is money, even if it is a "bloody money" :lol:
Gotta stop those Renault engine oil leaks somehow. :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

bauc

PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 Dec 2017, 01:30
proteus wrote:
01 Dec 2017, 21:36
dren wrote:

Money is money, even if it is a "bloody money" :lol:
Gotta stop those Renault engine oil leaks somehow. :mrgreen:
You nailed it! =D> :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Webber2011

Personally I find these references to Tampax in very bad taste for a Forum with such a high reputation for concentrating the technical side of F1, and totally off topic
I'd expect that on other forums, but not this one

Come on guys, are we giggling school children or adults with a passion for F1 ?

It's going to be a long off season if we need gutter humour to get us through :roll:

Manoah2u

there's been condom and playboy sponsorships on f1 cars in the past, why make such a fuss about something like that, wow.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"