2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

actually, Bouillier was @ Renault before (Lotus). They won't take him back.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Scuderia1967

Jolle wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 22:09
McHonda wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:20
Manoah2u wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:04

a page back (2 actually), there's actually a Mclaren "Senna" tribute livery in the colors of his helmet,
and funny enough there's a actual street Mclaren called Senna.

I must say i'm very curious about this sponsor and whether it is Petrobras or not, as it indeed seems that it'll weigh a lot into the livery decision, and exactly that aspect has been mentioned by Zak even before the final race(s) that they are seriously concidering having the indy livery as the F1 livery for 2018, and not too long ago he has repeated the high possibility of having a (fully) orange livery - so it's really interesting to read these statements.

A question though - has there been any indication whatsoever if Mclaren is going to badge their Renault engines differently? it's rather ironic that RedBull is having TagHeuer, wasn't this Mclaren's sponsor a while ago?
Yeah for 30 years but they jumped ship to Red Bull after the 2015 disaster.

I haven't heard any re-branding talk and I doubt they will. Red Bull were falling out with Renault when they did it, or relations were strained shall we say, and McLaren are if anything grateful to Renault so no reason to stick 2 fingers up at them by re-branding it.
the TAG investment group (Ojjeh) owns 25% of McLaren and had the Heuer brand as well. After they sold off the watch brand, it went to RedBull.
TAG Group sold TAG Heuer to LVMH in 1999, long before the Red Bull sponsorship

Sonador
Sonador

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 10:21
I know, when Bouillier left Lotus they gave him a book called 50 shades of grey.
At Lotus they had a great sense of humor.

I would like to see Whitmarsh back, in place of Bouillier.

proteus

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 21:49
proteus wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:38
bauc wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:19
Well after reading the 2 post above I can just say that the winter break got a lot more harder for me now, as I cant really wait to see what they have in store.
Imagine them changing the pit guys with robot arms for changing the tyres :lol: . Now that would be ground braking, a fresh wind like first Brabham refueling during the race.

But i wonder if it would be legal to use robots for a pitstop... :lol:
there's no way robots will do that job better and/or faster. the 2 second pitstops are just mindblowingly well coordinated, are something of phenomenal speed and strenght, adaptive abilities, responsive, and responsible.

didn't the brabham refueling introduction had some serious problems at first and didn't work well at all? i might recall wrong, it wasn't from my era anyway.
They had more problems with getting the car far enough for a pitstop, and finishing the race. Its out of my time as well, but i found a great vid on Youtube with one of the greatest sarcastic commentator :lol: , u can take a look over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ0Hq_WIRAQ
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RonDennis
RonDennis

Sonador wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 15:23
Manoah2u wrote:
I know, when Bouillier left Lotus they gave him a book called 50 shades of grey.

Whitmarsh is a loser, people seem to forget that Lotus was actually competing with Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren etc. I really don't understand the Boullier hate, how about giving him a chance this season to see how the team performs with a decent engine.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Sonador wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 09:04
I think Zak Brown is awesome for Mclaren, he listens to the fans.
Because he is a fan himself!

Really liked the current livery, but the livery on the p1 gtr posted by NathanOlder is also very nice.
Not sure what to think about the Renault switch, but i am curiuos to see where they stand chassis wise.

What i realy would have loved to happen this past summer, is that Renault negotiating a deal where they get Carlos sainz, but with the added bonus of Boullier "trown" in the deal .......
I like Brown, but I didn't like the livery. McLaren is classy, the livery isn't.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

RonDennis wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 17:09
Sonador wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Whitmarsh is a loser, people seem to forget that Lotus was actually competing with Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren etc. I really don't understand the Boullier hate, how about giving him a chance this season to see how the team performs with a decent engine.
geesh you must be the most negative, hateful and pedantic person i have ever came across.
why on earth are you here on the board, really. you can only spew hatred upon every little thing Mclaren, and delibaretly going against every opinion there is just to be conflicting. #-o
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sonador wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Yeah i really liked Enstone's Genii Lotus 'character', was great fun, such a shame to see that gone.

shady
shady

The 2016/2017 liveries were bad, really bad. Too much 'white space' we know why, but that should inform the color scheme of the car. I love the orange they used, but the black and its matte'ness threw the whole thing off. I hope this year is more of a risk, and the finishes match at least.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 18:55
RonDennis wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 17:09
Sonador wrote:

geesh you must be the most negative, hateful and pedantic person i have ever came across.
why on earth are you here on the board, really. you can only spew hatred upon every little thing Mclaren, and delibaretly going against every opinion there is just to be conflicting. #-o
I don’t know what you’re on about, but I support McLaren. Just look at the decisions Whitmarsh made, he was a joke. I didn’t know people in here were required to share your opinion.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

shady wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 21:04
The 2016/2017 liveries were bad, really bad. Too much 'white space' we know why, but that should inform the color scheme of the car. I love the orange they used, but the black and its matte'ness threw the whole thing off. I hope this year is more of a risk, and the finishes match at least.
a thing that should be noted, even though it's basically useless during the season/racing,
is that the black paint of Mclaren actually was really really good looking. It had a very interesting tint to it ( i assume it was metallic parts but im not sure, i haven't seen a special about it) and in real life, the paint itself was stunning.
unfortunately, it did not translate by any means to the camera, or when driving around the track. the car essentially disappeared more or less and the effect even more.

I haven't seen the 2017 car in real life with the orange etc. but from the really close shots i've seen i didn't get the impression that the black they used in 2017 was the same as in 2016. I got the feeling it was 'effect-less'.

The chrome paint really did look outstanding and absolutely fantastic, but even then, it looked boring when it was black and chrome. even though in that same scheme, in real life, the chrome looked even more amazing and the black had the same 'effect' (metallicish, pearl, whatever they did). In both cases i saw those cars, they were showcased under led spotlights though that reflected very nicely in the paint.

I preffered the chrome with the bright vodafone red. That looked absolutely gorgeous to me and is the best livery i've seen mclaren have since the marlboro days. I never got to like the WEST livery, to be honest. I am curious though for what to expect next. I really loved the orange test liveries they had before though, so i do like that orange, and i also like the indy livery.

The yellow-green shown in the past pages also look very good to me, and it would be something totally different. Mix red in there from the mclaren logo and you might have your 2018 livery, who knows.
Just hope it won't disappoint.

BTW, i'm sure it won't be like that - or perhaps, who knows! - but when A1GP was still around, i believe it was before the cars were Ferrari-zed so when they had their 'original' chassis (with the same rear wing F1 has nowadays), team Ireland i believe, could have been pakistan? had a green color that looked absolutely fantastic in real life, but on photos was bland and uninspiring. I found it surprising when i noticed the difference, it almost looked chrome-like in real life but on photos it looked totally mattish and contrastless.

talking about A1gp,
i did like that body style and i really like the Team Netherlands orange, which is more or less how Mclaren might have looked like.

in the front orange, behind probably how the 2018 mclaren could look like livery-wise, only the blue probably will be red/orange.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Manoah2u wrote:
Why? As far as I know Boullier left Enstone under fairly friendly terms after leading their most successful period since Alonso's titles, they made a funny jab at him (50 shades of grey) and that was it.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Thunder

Mod on:
I deleted some bickering. Please refrain from Personal Attacks Guys. Keep it classy.

Mod off:
This should be fun to watch:
[media]https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/951136572509863936[/media]
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Dam, this GRANDPRIXDriver would bring some good insight to the Mclaren team of last season, cant wait to see it.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg