2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

BrunoH wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 15:48
i said it before... but got bashed here, and now its happening... I think they should get a top mechanical and engineer from Force india .. they do a lot with very little resources...
I can see why you got bashed. They got rid of a seat cover and you're recommending a flash light as a replacement.

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 15:11
Those new side pod deflectors were probably the last straw. Shareholders probably calling for heads after that. Little do they understand that those are validation items. Will be interesting to see who takes over, do they promote from within, or hire from outside?
I don't think it works that way Shareholders have 1 guy they appoint. I think that's Neal.

I think its:
------------------Neale------------------
---------------------^---------------------
------------------Brown-----------------
------------------Simon------------------
-----------------Boullier-----------------
Cooper <-> Prodromou <-> Morris <-> Goss <-> James

So it would have been Boullier that would have Canned Morris. It would have NOT been without Comment from the other 3.
Last edited by diffuser on 26 Apr 2018, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

Singabule

:lol:
diffuser wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 16:07
BrunoH wrote:
i said it before... but got bashed here, and now its happening... I think they should get a top mechanical and engineer from Force india .. they do a lot with very little resources...
I can see why you got bashed. They got rid of a seat cover and you're recommending a flash light as a replacement.
But he is correct, why not hire mr Green? He can do job of boulier and goss at the same time, a true leader =D>

Andres125sx

techman wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 14:27
boullier was key person along with another dude who kept on blaming the engine instead of trying to fix the aero and chassis. those shareholder were probably promised last year that with a renault switch it would give them a redbull performance car. and now after 3 races. those shareholder are probably fed up of those excuses. Tim is first to go and probably more to come after spain. shareholders are now using their money instead of H this year so it probably hurting them
My english is far from perfect, but I think in english this is what you call wild speculation, right? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Andres125sx

diffuser wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 14:11
I wonder if that means don't expect much from the Spain upgrades ?
This comes to my mind too, but after considering he´s a technical director maybe it´s not related with the perfomance of the upgrade, but the delay

Nobody know how the upgrade will perform, but we all know we should know at this point, it was planned for Australia, but they failed for Austraila, Bahrain, China and Baku.

That´s a big fail

edit: I´m not saying this was the reason, I don´t even know if the delay was a real problem or only a compromise the team accepted for whatever reason, I´m only wondering about the reasons behind, and this looks plausible considering we don´t know how perform this season car... maybe that´s exactly the reason

Andres125sx

Lucky wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 15:42
diffuser wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 15:31
We sure this has anything to do with whether the chassis "Draggy" or not and everything to do with stuff being 2 months late?
From autosport forum:
Joe Saward, March 28th:
I also have a rhetorical question: what do you think would happen if an F1 technical director became rather "tired and emotional" (as Private Eye used to say) on a flight home from Australia (while in team travel gear), and was to cause trouble on the plane, including making rude remarks about his team principal - to the man himself. I guess such a thing would be a firing offence, wouldn't it?
Wow, if this is a reliable source... can´t be a coincidence if one month later Goss is fired :o

the EDGE

I think that’s a rather sensational headline for what is essentially what every team does every Friday... experiments with set-up to find the best compromise

Nothing new or interesting here really

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 17:10
techman wrote:
boullier was key person along with another dude who kept on blaming the engine instead of trying to fix the aero and chassis. those shareholder were probably promised last year that with a renault switch it would give them a redbull performance car. and now after 3 races. those shareholder are probably fed up of those excuses. Tim is first to go and probably more to come after spain. shareholders are now using their money instead of H this year so it probably hurting them
My english is far from perfect, but I think in english this is what you call wild speculation, right? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This would be what I call a "self fulfilling prophecy".

diffuser

the EDGE wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 17:43
I think that’s a rather sensational headline for what is essentially what every team does every Friday... experiments with set-up to find the best compromise

Nothing new or interesting here really
They are suggesting they are gonna try something they haven't tried before.

Andres125sx

diffuser wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 18:11
Andres125sx wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 17:10
techman wrote:
This would be what I call a "self fulfilling prophecy".
Much better thanks :D

NL_Fer

BrunoH wrote:
Being efficient with a small budget, does not guarantee that the same person will be just as succesful with a bigger budget. This year McLaren is already much faster than Force India and 2017 they were also compareble, with FI scoring more point because of reliability.

But year for the money, FI’s performance is stunning. To bad they are losing so much implementing the halo.

radosav

https://youtu.be/MW_4M_Bagr8
14:45 Will buxton saying car in Barcelona will look very diferent at front

trinidefender

Honestly surprised at this change. To me he has always seemed like one of those 'Company' people who are comfortable at one job. More than anything else this is what gives me cause for concern because if long standing people like this are suddenly removed or leave a position then many times it is due to either the person having lost faith in the company, chaos in management, or fundamental disagreements in the way the company is going.

I really hope I'm wrong.

604gtir

Good timing for a shake up, car's not competitive at the front anyways, make the changes now.