2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

ispano6 wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 17:42
Yes it was embarrassing for him nonetheless. Did you not see Zak and Alonso's look when Sato won? One does not just go one off to Indy 500 and win it.
So Alonso PU blew up because it was Alonso´s first attempt at Indy... :lol:

You´ve admitted yourself you last messages are a rant, so please stop it, it´s enough, and OT btw
ispano6 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:01
So, there you have it, my rant and tantrum from a cruise ship with nothing else to do but stare at the Milky Way.

604gtir
604gtir

i still do not see anyone but mercedes or ferrari winning the constructors until 2021. So if RB do not win the championship before then, then none of this honda vs mclaren stuff matters

RonDennis
RonDennis

604gtir wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 18:34
i still do not see anyone but mercedes or ferrari winning the constructors until 2021. So if RB do not win the championship before then, then none of this honda vs mclaren stuff matters
Yeah, cause fighting at the top is the same as fighting for P15.

Alonso Fan

RonDennis wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 18:58
604gtir wrote:
It's a good job mclaren aren't fighting for p15 anymore isn't it?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

PlatinumZealot

jz11 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 14:37
PhillipM wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 14:27
Exactly as predicted when they were talking about the switch last year. Mclaren did all the hard work and then handed it to Red Bull on a silver platter.

Ron Dennis must be laughing his arse off.
and by McLaren hard work you mean the bashing of Honda and putting all the blame on them for recent failures, because the "best chassis on the grid"?
They spent two years enticing a reluctant Honda back into F1. Not easy to do.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Any news on the updates for this GP? I'm hoping McLaren will bring good amount of updates to this race ( dear updates, please work and solve the issues [-o< ) because with the triple header and short time between Austrian and British GPs, I don't think it'll be possible to bring any substantial updates to those races.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 19:22
RonDennis wrote:
604gtir wrote:
Since when?

Alonso Fan

RonDennis wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 19:59
Alonso Fan wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

Since when?
Since the switch to Renault.

They've been consistently in the top 10 in the races and have been fourth or fifth fastest on race pace. Nothing to brag about for sure but hardly 'fighting for p15'
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

M840TR
M840TR

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 21:24
RonDennis wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Since when?

They've been consistently in the top 10 in the races and have been fourth or fifth fastest on race pace. Nothing to brag about for sure but hardly 'fighting for p15'
Monaco was their best qualifying and they were still 1.4 sec off pole; Canada 2 sec.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Alonso Fan wrote:
RonDennis wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Since when?

Melbourne 11th / 12th
Bahrain 13th / 14th
China 13th / 14th
Baku 13th / 16th
Canada 14th / 15th

It's a disgrace and this must be one of the worst cars they have ever created.

Alonso Fan

What part of 'in the races' didn't both of you read?

They have a qualifying issue. Attribute it to what you like. But the race pace is there and thankfully points are awarded on Sundays. The car is inherently good.

@RonDennis, what about Spain and Monaco? And what about the race pace in all of the races so far? That recovery drive in Baku? Surely the car isn't as bad as you like to portray. But it does have one key issue. If they manage to sort that out the car is easily good enough for fourth quickest outright and can knock on the door of the top three.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

I've stopped posting on here as often as I used to because quite frankly I've got a life and have better things to do. It's the same things over and over again, mclaren and Honda and EB's head and Capito this and Dennis that. No actual constructive technical discussion, the odd good post burried within rants of endless essays of bashing (most of it unwarranted and unnecessary, but some justified). A decent result and everyone shuts up. A retirement and everyone's back here screaming.

It's an absolute joke. I'm sure the mods could cut the size of this thread in half if they really wanted to
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

diffuser

RonDennis wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 21:51
Alonso Fan wrote:
RonDennis wrote:

Since when?

Melbourne 11th / 12th
Bahrain 13th / 14th
China 13th / 14th
Baku 13th / 16th
Canada 14th / 15th

It's a disgrace and this must be one of the worst cars they have ever created.
The Irony is, it's the best is 4 years.
Last edited by diffuser on 19 Jun 2018, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 22:15
I've stopped posting on here as often as I used to because quite frankly I've got a life and have better things to do. It's the same things over and over again, mclaren and Honda and EB's head and Capito this and Dennis that. No actual constructive technical discussion, the odd good post burried within rants of endless essays of bashing (most of it unwarranted and unnecessary, but some justified). A decent result and everyone shuts up. A retirement and everyone's back here screaming.

It's an absolute joke. I'm sure the mods could cut the size of this thread in half if they really wanted to
I for one, enjoy your posts!

mwillems

RonDennis wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 17:23
mwillems wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 16:28
Wonderful, Honda vs Mclaren again.

Funny how when things don't go great everyone scrabbles to point fingers at someone. Perceptions change fast though.
If a new rear suspension, or now bargeboard philosophy is fitted to the car by race 10 , 11 or 12 and the car becomes competitive, there will be different tunes. Then someone might point out that both the team and Alonso had said very early on, that the team won't be competitive until the second half of the season, and that if they chase podiums, it will be the end of the season, and not a blink of an eye will occur whilst individuals seamlessly move opinion like their opinion was never otherwise, or that they ever forgot those words were said by the team and Alonso, and everything will be well with the world.

Of course, it might yet still be a sh*tstorm, but they have said wait until the back end of the year to see what they can do. Is that too hard? The universe doesn't give a flying fig for the tantrums, won't be affected by it. Nor will Honda for that matter, they are too busy with other things.
Nobody expected that McLaren would beat Red Bull, but come on. You're fighting with teams like Haas, Force India and Toro Rosso. It's not like they're missing half a second, we're talking about seconds. That's simply unacceptable when you talked about having one of the best cars in 2017, they said goodbye to a works deals and tenths of millions. It's crisis at McLaren and let's hope something good comes out if it. I really don't understand how some are still defending them, they're the laughing stock of F1 right now.
I'm not defending where they are, but I will try to take a balanced point of view. They have improved, no doubt, but they also have a fundamental flaw in the car. Do I know how this happened? No, so I won't pretend to, or shout loudly about it. But whilst not directly saying they have a massive issue, they have said there is an issue, that it is tricky. They have said they expect to be competitive by the end of the year with a real upturn happening in the second half of the season. My expectation was set at that, so I am not so upset as others. The internals of Mclaren seem to be a mess. However, Zak Brown has been given either a lifeline, or the rope to hang himself. So change of some sort is set in motion already. In terms of Running trackside, Boullier has done well this year. In terms of sponsors, Brown has done well this year, so I won't shout them down.

The change you want is already in motion, things will have to go through the right way, which is the opportunity to rise or sink. There is a clear Mandate, and ZB's head is on the line (He may have even asked for it). There is nothing more that will happen now.

If anyone wants to shout people down, perhaps look towards the owners, who are directing all of this mess, because this is where the responsibility lies, nowhere else. These guys have presided over this and that is where the responsibility lies.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.