2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

godlameroso wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:22
RonDennis wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:59
Good pace so far.
Yep back of the field.
:lol: :lol:

shryr

godlameroso wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:22
RonDennis wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 13:59
Good pace so far.
Yep back of the field.
Relax, it's only FP1. Watch them set the track ablaze come qualifying. Will definitely climb a position or two

alexa

I think they are getting closer and closer to Williams in every sens.

godlameroso

The problem is aero, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. They're throwing away the better part of a second because they don't take advantage of a big chunk of surface area in a critical location. It's just a void, a stagnant void that isn't doing anything at all, and it's not even the whole car that has to change, it's just one little area. Because otherwise the car is excellent aero wise. You think it's B.S. but all the tests they're doing will just end up telling them what I've been saying all along.
Saishū kōnā

bauc

godlameroso wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:36
The problem is aero, and I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. They're throwing away the better part of a second because they don't take advantage of a big chunk of surface area in a critical location. It's just a void, a stagnant void that isn't doing anything at all, and it's not even the whole car that has to change, it's just one little area. Because otherwise the car is excellent aero wise. You think it's B.S. but all the tests they're doing will just end up telling them what I've been saying all along.
Send your resume to Mclaren ASAP, I'm not sarcastic here, I truly mean it. If you can spot whats wrong with the package just by looking at the car from photos, TV and videos then dam....my hat if off to you!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ground Effect

bauc wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:40
godlameroso wrote:
Send your resume to Mclaren ASAP, I'm not sarcastic here, I truly mean it. If you can spot whats wrong with the package just by looking at the car from photos, TV and videos then dam....my hat if off to you!
At least we're sure they Chief Technical Officer position is free.
But if you're really sure of the solutions you're offering, surely there must be a way to get across to Mclaren.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Nuvolari

godlameroso wrote:
Thank you for your incredible insight, Mr. godlameroso. As a token of our appreciation, a Freddo is in the post.

:D

PhillipM

Because it's so critical just sticking parts on there can do as much harm as good, and it's naivety in the extreme to think you could just turn up , slap parts on and fix it.

Yes, there's room for more development there, it's the biggest development area since the rule change, of course there is - but given the other teams copying parts from Mclarens BB's, they aren't all that bad...

RonDennis

I also wonder why I always see Horner talking to the press, while Brown and Boullier look like a bunch of shy teenagers. How about telling what’s up, because there are no excuses left.

johnny vee

Nuvolari wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:54
godlameroso wrote:
Thank you for your incredible insight, Mr. godlameroso. As a token of our appreciation, a Freddo is in the post.

...but only one Freddo, not even two...
:)
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

Ground Effect

johnny vee wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 15:03
Nuvolari wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 14:54
godlameroso wrote:

...but only one Freddo, not even two...
:)
.... and he has to share it with PhillipM
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

tinvek

RonDennis wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 15:00
I also wonder why I always see Horner talking to the press, while Brown and Boullier look like a bunch of shy teenagers. How about telling what’s up, because there are no excuses left.
this, even claire williams and paddy lowe talk to the media and whilst not exactly outspoken about their problems, at least they don't hide away

RonDennis

Maybe they can get Newey and Ricciardo for two Snickers.

Avocado

Dipesh1995 wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 09:18
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -work.html

Written by McEvoy so likely to be complete BS but yeah......
Daily Mail? Seriously? Stop.

Redragon

Avocado wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 15:41
Dipesh1995 wrote:
22 Jun 2018, 09:18
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -work.html

Written by McEvoy so likely to be complete BS but yeah......
Daily Mail? Seriously? Stop.
Daily Mail and this kind of papers always finding a cause to make everyone involved on the news stupid and laughable, easy sell for the illiterate readers they have.