2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... 89635/?s=1

There was only one thing Zak has ability to bring McLaren. Sponsor/Marketing. But it looks like they failed. I am predicting both ( bullier and brown ) will be fired at the end of coming season

bauc

etusch wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:06

There was only one thing Zak has ability to bring McLaren. Sponsor/Marketing. But it looks like they failed. I am predicting both ( bullier and brown ) will be fired at the end of coming season
Why do you go to such lengths in all topics just to bash Mclaren, or its staff?

If you read clearly, they say that instead of having a ''TITLE'' sponsor, they are focusing on few big deals which will not affect the team overall name and look as they are building the Mclaren brand as a singe unique entity.

"I don't think we're going to have a title sponsor per se," said Brown. "What I think we're going to have are major partners.

"If you look at F1 no one really refers to the name of the team's title partner, so I don't think there's a lot of value. We're McLaren, we're not ABC McLaren.

"There's major branding, but we don't want to sell the title, we want to remain the name of the team – McLaren.

I know you are Honda guy, but this is just old and boring to spin news like this you need to work as PR in some political party
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

dren

The report reads like they are having trouble getting a big sponsor and are settling for smaller partners, all in a positive light, though. If somebody came along and wanted to throw a bunch of money at Mclaren as a title sponsor, I bet they'd bite. Ron valued the company too high and couldn't do it. It looks like the new guy is having issues, too.

Ferrari doesn't do it, but they also get a huge windfall payment for just being in F1.
Honda!

kptaylor

You also have to wonder whether there's something brewing for '21 when new engine entrants may be available as title sponsors.

etusch

bauc wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 14:59
etusch wrote:

If you read clearly, they say that instead of having a ''TITLE'' sponsor, they are focusing on few big deals which will not affect the team overall name and look as they are building the Mclaren brand as a singe unique entity.

"I don't think we're going to have a title sponsor per se," said Brown. "What I think we're going to have are major partners.

"If you look at F1 no one really refers to the name of the team's title partner, so I don't think there's a lot of value. We're McLaren, we're not ABC McLaren.

"There's major branding, but we don't want to sell the title, we want to remain the name of the team – McLaren.

I know you are Honda guy, but this is just old and boring to spin news like this you need to work as PR in some political party
I don't know why Honda can be bashed but McLaren not.
Can you or Zak say even if someone come and offer for being name sponsor "we will deny it because we think name sponsorship era is over". That's for hiding their unsuccessful job. This is what they can only achieve during last years
Last edited by etusch on 19 Dec 2017, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

marmer

BMW McLaren 2021 purely on a whim or Mercedes if they drop out of the sport as a team.

diffuser

kptaylor wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 17:41
You also have to wonder whether there's something brewing for '21 when new engine entrants may be available as title sponsors.
They haven't even chosen the coffee beans yet, to early for anything to be brewing.

Pretty sure that since they STILL haven't finalized the PU for 2021, it's likely to get postponed.

Thunder

etusch wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 18:21
Neither Honda nor McLaren "bashing" is wanted here or anywhere on these Forums. Constructive Critisism is absolutely ok, just writing negatively because someone else wrote something not to your liking about your favorite Brand is just silly. If you just bash McLaren because there has been some negative Reports about Honda on here you don't like you may want to overthink your stratagy on here.

Geez, McLaren and Honda parted with no hard feelings according to the Interview with Zak Brown a few Days ago. He even specifically said that they may drive with Honda Engines again in the Future. Why is it so hard for some People to accept that and just get on with life?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

etusch

Thunder wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 08:32
etusch wrote:
Neither Honda nor McLaren "bashing" is wanted here or anywhere on these Forums. Constructive Critisism is absolutely ok, just writing negatively because someone else wrote something not to your liking about your favorite Brand is just silly. If you just bash McLaren because there has been some negative Reports about Honda on here you don't like you may want to overthink your stratagy on here.

Geez, McLaren and Honda parted with no hard feelings according to the Interview with Zak Brown a few Days ago. He even specifically said that they may drive with Honda Engines again in the Future. Why is it so hard for some People to accept that and just get on with life?
I think you lost objectiveness if you had it before

bauc

etusch wrote:
bauc wrote:
etusch wrote:

Can you or Zak say even if someone come and offer for being name sponsor "we will deny it because we think name sponsorship era is over". That's for hiding their unsuccessful job. This is what they can only achieve during last years
Mclaren can be bashed as well, I've done it my self so many times when it is deserved, but people like you are ruining our forum with silly spins and blame games for some period of time now, its becoming ridiculous

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
Hey the world is full of trolls, any reason I can´t be one of them? :roll: #-o ](*,)

etusch

bauc wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 09:42
etusch wrote:
bauc wrote:

Mclaren can be bashed as well, I've done it my self so many times when it is deserved, but people like you are ruining our forum with silly spins and blame games for some period of time now, its becoming ridiculous
Then Try to answer my question about name sponsor to keep forum in good shape

bauc

etusch wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 10:02
bauc wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 09:42
etusch wrote:

Then Try to answer my question about name sponsor to keep forum in good shape
I did,

''If you read clearly, they say that instead of having a ''TITLE'' sponsor, they are focusing on few big deals which will not affect the team overall name and look as they are building the Mclaren brand as a single unique entity''

Chicane

1] As has been confirmed by both Zak Brown and Honda that the split wasn't acrimonious. They still maintain a healthy respect for each other and clearly have not ruled out working with each other in the future.

2] Honda's Nakamura has said only good things about Mclaren.

3] There is no need to bash anyone. Honda tried their best but their timelines unfortunately did not match with Mclaren' who clearly could not go in to another season based on pure hope. Zak clearly mentioned how there was serious risk of exodus of technical personnel.

4] Zak has said they have signed a few sponsors but they do not believe in title sponsorship. now one may not agree with his view but his reasoning for it at least makes some sense. Mclaren not just have a race team but they also have a road car business where brand name and identity matters.
Quickshifter

etusch

Chicane wrote:
20 Dec 2017, 10:57

4] Zak has said they have signed a few sponsors but they do not believe in title sponsorship. now one may not agree with his view but his reasoning for it at least makes some sense. Mclaren not just have a race team but they also have a road car business where brand name and identity matters.
Do you think name sponsors damage teams name? Redbull also selling some products. Why they don't fear of that?! They don't know marketing?