2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

godlameroso wrote:
11 Feb 2018, 02:33
100 x .005 = .5

If they can find one .005 gain every 2.5 days they'll add half a second per year.
And still have 115 days off 😜
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Morteza

According to this link Lorenzo Sassi [Ferrari's former power unit chief engineer] is going to join Mercedes soon.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

roon

TAG wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 03:40
https://youtu.be/zVMiA1PhW_E

Good interview with Aldo Costa by Will Buxton
"...new technologies. Not visible," is a foreboding statement if that's where the bulk of development was spent. There are no visual cues as to what the top team has done over the past year, as the car is so similar to what was seen last year. Combined with this being their "quietest" test so far within this engine formula...

dans79

What would the media fiasco have been like if Gigi had wrecked the car and injured Lewis right before the season started. The look on his face when she just about looses it is priceless.

For those interested this was shot at Pocono Raceway not to far from where I was born.
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan

"Lew, Lew, Lew" at the end.
They're friends.

I like the way he reaches forward and changes some setting or other on the car when she gets a bit loose.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ENGINE TUNER

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Mar 2018, 00:52
"Lew, Lew, Lew" at the end.
They're friends.

I like the way he reaches forward and changes some setting or other on the car when she gets a bit loose.
He lowered the radio volume.

Just_a_fan

Just watched it again, yeah, you're right. :oops:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Unc1eM0nty

Haha, Lewis - the look on his face, he was bricking it

Great clip thanks for posting

TAG

I'm liking these videos Will Buxton is doing for F1. They're going above the fluff and he's always comfortable asking the questions other interviewers avoid. Some good back of the house detail here.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

ringo

Bottas off to a sloppy start for first race of 2018. Look like he is trying too hard to hang with Hamilton.
Wolff may be considering Danny Riciardo now.
For Sure!!

NathanOlder

Surely he was considering Danny long before this me, although the more Max puts Ric to shame, does that take the edge off the RIcciardo appeal ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ringo

I think it makes things more attractive, since the team gets better results with one driver being much less competitive.
If it were Max, Wolff would have to prepare for tension an complaints especially with Joss in the background.
For Sure!!

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 09:32
Surely he was considering Danny long before this me, although the more Max puts Ric to shame, does that take the edge off the RIcciardo appeal ?
I don't think so. Personally I think Mercedes would go with ricciardo because he seems calmer and mature. Max and Hamilton I think would be a ticking time bomb.
197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

Oh definitely, I wasn't suggesting they would want Max to go with Ham. I was just saying, Danny Ric maybe doesn't seem too much better than Bottas considering Ric is being regularly beaten by Max. Merc will surely think Hamilton is the best driver on the grid, and Ricciardo is being beaten by a guy who Merc will consider to be not as good as Lewis. Unless Ricciardo comes cheaper than Bottas, I don't see it being a better deal. Bottas brings calm to the team, so he has that in his favour.

Basically, its a tough decision. Danny may beg for that seat, but Merc may not even want him.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FrukostScones

ringo wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 09:00
Bottas off to a sloppy start for first race of 2018. Look like he is trying too hard to hang with Hamilton.
Wolff may be considering Danny Riciardo now.
Bottas will be replaced by Wehrlein in 2019. Just see ERI made Leclerc look. RIC is stuck with RB which isnt a Bad thing.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.