2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Phil

Re: 2018 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Wow, that sounds quite serious. I hope he'll recover well.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

F1NAC

Phil wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 20:38
Wow, that sounds quite serious. I hope he'll recover well.
Well it is normal after such surgery to be in sort of critical condition (will your body accept organ, and after all they cut open his chest).

LM10

The weird thing is that first it was told that he had serious flu and that's why he was in intensive care unit. (Btw., I know that flu is anything, but not harmless. Just used this word above because most people would interpret or look at it as harmless.)

And now all articles tell that he had a lung transplantation. But I can't imagine a lung transplantation being done right after such a seriously sick condition. His body would be way too weak to cope with such a big surgery.

NathanOlder

LM10 wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 21:13
The weird thing is that first it was told that he had serious flu and that's why he was in intensive care unit. (Btw., I know that flu is anything, but not harmless. Just used this word above because most people would interpret or look at it as harmless.)

And now all articles tell that he had a lung transplantation. But I can't imagine a lung transplantation being done right after such a seriously sick condition. His body would be way too weak to cope with such a big surgery.
Indeed. This guy has had some --- luck when it comes to lungs, he must be on his 3rd or 4th set by now!

all jokes aside, Get well soon Nikki [-o<
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adrianjordan

Big Tea wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 00:37
Flu is serious. 90% of the time people claim to have had it, they have not. Oh I had flu but still went to work. Rubbish. If you have flu you re in bed, no exception. If you are unlucky, you get flu twice in your life, not once a year. Much misunderstood.

I wondered where Niki had been. We usually see him during the weekend.
Yeah, we had a joke flow chart at work which basically asked if you felt like you'd been hit by a bus? If you answered "no" then it tracked to "You didn't have flu", if it tracked to yes, it qualified the answer with "Have you actually been hit by a bus?" and as long as you said "no" to that, then it tracked to "You had flu".

I've had patients who were normally very fit and healthy young adults but ended up in intensive care with sepsis as a result of flu.

This is why I have my flu jab every year!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Shrieker

Does the lung come from a donor ? Or can they actually grow a lung from a person's own stem cells ? I've heard someone's windpipe was grown with this procedure, but the lung is a much more complicated organ. In any case, I wish him a speedy recovery.

edit: Ok, looks like it's not yet a thing. Probably his new lung comes from a donor.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

adrianjordan

It's lucky that they managed to find a suitable donor for him.

I hope he's doing well. If anyone has the will power to get through this then it's Lauda.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

He had "severe lung disease" according to https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45053384 and had developed a lung infection.

Apparently he was on holiday in Ibiza when he developed the infection.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Cold Fussion

Shrieker wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 00:46
Does the lung come from a donor ? Or can they actually grow a lung from a person's own stem cells ? I've heard someone's windpipe was grown with this procedure, but the lung is a much more complicated organ. In any case, I wish him a speedy recovery.

edit: Ok, looks like it's not yet a thing. Probably his new lung comes from a donor.
We're not their yet but it was recently announced they had grown pig's lungs inside of a lab for 30 days and successfully transplanted.
https://www.wired.com/story/four-succes ... ansplants/

Sierra117

A few years ago I was also reading about 3D printing organs and at least one was successful, but I can't remember.

Oh and there was that story sometime back of the guy who grew a nose on his forehead.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

gdogg371

Lung disease a legacy of that accident in 1976 I fear. He breathed in an awful lot of very nasty stuff. I have wondered over the years whether that would tell on him eventually...

NathanOlder

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13788 ... y-weakness

Mercedes say they will be better in future on the hot tracks as shown in Hungary.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Shrieker

Sierra117 wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 15:46
A few years ago I was also reading about 3D printing organs and at least one was successful, but I can't remember.

Oh and there was that story sometime back of the guy who grew a nose on his forehead.
The windpipe. If you count that as an 'organ', that is.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

MtthsMlw

Interesting as usual.

Vanja #66

So, no discussion here about Mercedes hypocrisy about using Bottas as a support driver?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... a/3166685/

Like it hasn't been going on from Spain last year... :lol: :lol: :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie