2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
IamLegend

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
17 Mar 2018, 19:32
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... lona-2018/

Force India drives the fourth fastest longrun
There is a big surprise in the big midfield as well as in the analysis of the fastest lap. On one lap HaasF1 was the fourth force, in the Longruns the so far smiled Force India. Sergio Perez was faster than Daniel Ricciardo the day before with an average of 1.22.724 minutes per lap. Although the Mexican only completed 56 laps and that only Mercedes on medium tires, but Force India is not known just to lie in the bag. Even if Perez started his race with 15 kilograms less fuel, the long run is good. The truth is rather different. Perez had the fuel consumption much less to take the foot off the gas than Kevin Magnussen, who built many laps with Lift and Coast from the second stint to get over the distance.

The relatively weak idea of ​​the Force India on a round is also explainable. The car still lacks downforce. The Aero package will be ready for Melbourne. The example of the World Cup fourth shows that you can not directly draw conclusions about the performance of the car over a lap in qualifying from the endurance races.
Also for all those chasing lap times, don't wait with bated breath that they'll show their pace in either FP1 or FP2, it'll be more for data collection and correlation analysis. FP3 should be interesting though, let's see. :)

Ashwinv16

Yeah that's actually true, your never see Force India's true pace until Qualifying even in Australia, it was the same last year. Any news on team name ? Will there be copyright issue if they name their team Pink Panther Racing.
Halo not as bad as we thought

Thunder

Sooo anything about the new Team Name yet?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sidhartha.techie

Pics from tuesday curtosy : www.auto-motor-und-sport.de

"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

NAPI10

Hype is pouring some money it seems...

Maritimer

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 17:04
Doubling down in case a rival company comes knocking maybe

Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 17:04
Hype is getting some very important position on the car, I especially like the bottle shaped sticker on the sides of driver cockpit.

They should pour in some extra bucks for some spaces as this team gets extra attention for being the strongest mid-field and there is no pundit on the paddock who can afford to criticize this team.

And that pink is always eye catching. :D

ScrewCaptain27

"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Sidhartha.techie

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 00:57
On a more humorous note...
https://www.crash.net/f1/news/892058/1/ ... aianas?amp
I honestly was wondering what was on the front side of halo, at first I thought it was an aero device. :lol:
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

ME4ME

As always, there is no problem untill a team jumps in front of another. They've done one qualifying session, not even a race.

Force India's Szafnauer suggests F1 address 'cloning' à la Haas
http://en.f1i.com/news/298381-force-ind ... -haas.html

I find it disappointing to hear these comments from Szafnauer. Force India themselves get a great deal of components from Mercedes. Also it is well defined within the rules what can be shared and what not. Haas hires Dallara to build them a chassis so it's certainly not the same as the Ferrari. Also, the similarities are with last years Ferrari so it's not even a "current copy". Szafnauer and his team should stop complaining and work harder - or smarter. Nothing stoping them from adopting a similar approach, if Mercedes is up for it.

No doubt if and when Red Bull and Toro Rosso share the same engine in the future, they'll apply a similar approach too.

NAPI10

Though VJM11 is lacking one lap pace; race pace is not that bad. Perez was able to keep up with mid-field pack. Team will need some time to understand and tune new package in order to find optimal performance .Is that enough to keep 4th, difficult to predict.
Team which was talking about closing gap with Red Bull & claiming occasional podiums in 2018; why was so under-prepared & under developed during pre-season testing; I failed to understand. Like earlier years, they didn’t complained a lot about cash flow issues during winter break. Technical rules were relatively stable; Halo can’t be the only stumbling block.

BloodLad91

NAPI10 wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 19:32
Though VJM11 is lacking one lap pace; race pace is not that bad. Perez was able to keep up with mid-field pack. Team will need some time to understand and tune new package in order to find optimal performance .Is that enough to keep 4th, difficult to predict.
Team which was talking about closing gap with Red Bull & claiming occasional podiums in 2018; why was so under-prepared & under developed during pre-season testing; I failed to understand. Like earlier years, they didn’t complained a lot about cash flow issues during winter break. Technical rules were relatively stable; Halo can’t be the only stumbling block.
Halo made them redesign chassis drying up their extra cash.