2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

IamLegend wrote:
07 Aug 2018, 23:10
Seems like a loan to get the team out of admistration first which will eventually lead to a take over.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... tion-.html
That would seem to suggest that as 'investors', team Force India still exist so should be entitled to all they ever were, including the share-out and any accrued prize money. As (if?) they are still Force India, it also means they have been in the points for previous years and also get to keep the payment for this.

I dont supose we will know exactly what is happening until the administrators settle things, but only Force India are allowed to race, and only Force India will get prize money without the FIA and teams redefining it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

raksf1

The consortium also includes:

André Desmarais, president of Power Corporation
Jonathan Dudman, of Monaco Sports and Management
John Idol, head of the Michael Kors brand
John McCaw Jr., investor
Michael de Picciotto, financial expert
Silas Chou, an associate of Stroll

Manjhi

So does anybody has any idea what money Orange India, Sahara Group and Michel Mol will get from this deal?

IamLegend

Manjhi wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 09:47
So does anybody has any idea what money Orange India, Sahara Group and Michel Mol will get from this deal?
IMO it'll be better than the deal they would've gotten from BTW and Mercedes, that's for sure. Come to think of it, they might scrap the BTW deal next year, the bastards deserve it.

rscsr

IamLegend wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 14:51
Manjhi wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 09:47
IMO it'll be better than the deal they would've gotten from BTW and Mercedes, that's for sure. Come to think of it, they might scrap the BTW deal next year, the bastards deserve it.
What did BWT do?

turbof1

I think we should be very careful with assumptions. What we know is that BWT gave sponsorship in the form of a loan, probably with an amount needed to be paid degressing over time. Seems reasonable that BWT supported the administration application if FI missed out on sevaral payments. Also, it's not like Force India signed that deal with a gun to its head.

Just be glad they are saved. I'm not entirely happy with it being a consortium, although media reports are that the by far biggest payer is the Stroll family, with the others cashing a little bit in to keep the Stroll name more on the background. In that case FI's future for the following years should be secured.
#AeroFrodo

roon

So... Force Canada? 8)

NAPI10

I am excited to see new livery and sponsors for coming races

Big Tea

turbof1 wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 17:38
I think we should be very careful with assumptions. What we know is that BWT gave sponsorship in the form of a loan, probably with an amount needed to be paid degressing over time. Seems reasonable that BWT supported the administration application if FI missed out on sevaral payments. Also, it's not like Force India signed that deal with a gun to its head.

Just be glad they are saved. I'm not entirely happy with it being a consortium, although media reports are that the by far biggest payer is the Stroll family, with the others cashing a little bit in to keep the Stroll name more on the background. In that case FI's future for the following years should be secured.
At least, with a consortium the shareholders have the option to buy each other out. If it was gone, it was gone
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

adrianjordan

Bring back the historic team name.... Jordan!!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

foxmulder_ms

roon wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 18:02
So... Force Canada? 8)
I like that..

IamLegend

turbof1 wrote:

Not sure if you've read some reports where they claimed it was a coup by the Austrian mafia to take over the team. BTW did indeed give a loan in return for sponsorship which would've eventually paid off till the end of the year if the pink car was shown on TV and other print media a few times, but BTW's support to administration was in claim that since the team was in such a "bad" shape that wouldn't happen because they wouldn't exist in it's current state and so they cannot pay back in cash/kind, very sly don't you think so?

We can get into this argument of what came first, the chicken or the egg, but how they went about it is very suspicious for a lot of people, so they didn't hold the gun so to speak while giving the loan, but in this case it seems like they certainly did.

skoop

IamLegend wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 21:05
turbof1 wrote:

Not sure if you've read some reports where they claimed it was a coup by the Austrian mafia to take over the team. BTW did indeed give a loan in return for sponsorship which would've eventually paid off till the end of the year if the pink car was shown on TV and other print media a few times, but BTW's support to administration was in claim that since the team was in such a "bad" shape that wouldn't happen because they wouldn't exist in it's current state and so they cannot pay back in cash/kind, very sly don't you think so?

We can get into this argument of what came first, the chicken or the egg, but how they went about it is very suspicious for a lot of people, so they didn't hold the gun so to speak while giving the loan, but in this case it seems like they certainly did.
Do you have any links to said reports? I would like to check that out

RonDennis

roon wrote:
08 Aug 2018, 18:02
So... Force Canada? 8)
Force Stroll.

holeindalip

RonDennis wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 01:02
roon wrote: