2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

More like
Take a Stroll
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manjhi
Manjhi

If Stroll has bought the team to build career of his son then I am afraid the team will be dead in few years from now. SFI needs a shareholder like Vijay who is a racer and enjoys F1, and is here to stay, not to build career of his son or show his brands on the car.

The objective for mid-field team should be to stay competitive becoz if they miss their target for one year then it gets carried to second year and the margin of error is very small in mid-field. There are millions of dollars at stake. It reminds me of what happened with Sauber during 2014-17 phase and what Williams is going through right now.

Big Tea

Manjhi wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 09:06
If Stroll has bought the team to build career of his son then I am afraid the team will be dead in few years from now. SFI needs a shareholder like Vijay who is a racer and enjoys F1, and is here to stay, not to build career of his son or show his brands on the car.

The objective for mid-field team should be to stay competitive becoz if they miss their target for one year then it gets carried to second year and the margin of error is very small in mid-field. There are millions of dollars at stake. It reminds me of what happened with Sauber during 2014-17 phase and what Williams is going through right now.
But as I said above, the imperative now is staying alive throughout this year. If they do not survive this year, next year and the year after do not matter.
We can only hope that if the new backers are not in it for the long term, they will at least try to sell the team, or % of it, to someone who intends to run it long term. The fact that they are funding a survival seems to suggest they think they are not throwing away money, so heres hoping
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ScottB
ScottB

Manjhi wrote:

Isn't showing off his brands exactly what Vijay came to F1 to do?

Stroll Snr is a talented businessman who has made a stack of cash in his life, while I'm sure, in part, this is intended to be supporting his son, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd spend this much, as well as bring in a bunch of other folk's money, on a project he wasn't taking seriously. I also imagine the Stroll's are pretty keen on F1 in general, given some of his brands have been sponsors on and off for years.

multisync
multisync

ScottB wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 09:40
Manjhi wrote:

Isn't showing off his brands exactly what Vijay came to F1 to do?

Stroll Snr is a talented businessman who has made a stack of cash in his life, while I'm sure, in part, this is intended to be supporting his son, he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'd spend this much, as well as bring in a bunch of other folk's money, on a project he wasn't taking seriously. I also imagine the Stroll's are pretty keen on F1 in general, given some of his brands have been sponsors on and off for years.

TBF VJ did indeed but the team and branded it Kingfisher primarily to advertise his airline that's absolutely true , I agree with you about the son thing too, over played and whilst he no doubt loves and supports his son, I rather doubt he's about to risk going bankrupt over this for him..

NAPI10
NAPI10

Any news on new livery? FI going to continue with BWT branding?
If BWT branding is due to loan; just pay & get rid of them. Start re-branding of FI from SPA.

IamLegend
IamLegend

Big Tea wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 17:06
Manjhi wrote:

But as I said above, the imperative now is staying alive throughout this year. If they do not survive this year, next year and the year after do not matter.
We can only hope that if the new backers are not in it for the long term, they will at least try to sell the team, or % of it, to someone who intends to run it long term. The fact that they are funding a survival seems to suggest they think they are not throwing away money, so heres hoping
It's soon going to be a backmarker like Williams is today all because the philosophy that Vijay got to the team is all gone especially being against a pay driver. I can only see them going backwards with Stroll at the helm.

But as a general warning, if the mid tier teams are to survive in F1. Bring a bloody budget cap, or you'll see more of 'B' teams testing aero parts in the race for the master teams like what Ferrari is doing with Alpha Romeo and Haas, I don't understand how the FIA isn't enforcing rules to stop this.

dren

Will we see Stroll in the car at Spa?
Honda!

Raleigh
Raleigh

Manjhi wrote:

Shareholders like Vijay run out of money because the F1 team is passion and not a business.

Lawrence Stroll is bringing $50M a year to Williams just by selling their advertising space, imagine what he can do with control of Force India to put them in a financially stable position. This has the potential to turn out like Saubers rebound after Ericsson's backers brought the team and started running it as a business with much more money and a mutually beneficial relationship with Ferrari.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

dren

Hmmm, that's a pretty bold statement especially when all debts are being paid in full.
Honda!

NAPI10
NAPI10

Morteza wrote:
21 Aug 2018, 13:42
Interesting...
https://twitter.com/racefansdotnet/stat ... 3837730816
I will interpret it this way …..Mr Mazepin tried to make a deal with ‘Stroll Consortium’ in last 2 weeks to land his son in 2nd FI seat. Nothing worked out.
Neither his son getting a seat at FI in 2019 nor any FP1/Practice run in 2018.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

adrianjordan

Not seeing that reported on BBC or Autosport, only that they're unhappy with the process.

I don't see them forcing the team to miss a race. That would surely put the team's prize money in jeopardy...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScottB
ScottB

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 19:44
Not seeing that reported on BBC or Autosport, only that they're unhappy with the process.

I don't see them forcing the team to miss a race. That would surely put the team's prize money in jeopardy...
The issue is that the company remains in administration, the Stroll consortium bought all the assets, but have not yet acquired the company itself, which has the all important entry.

So as it stands, the Stroll's own everything they need to go racing, but have no right to. At this point I guess the FIA has to decide whether they will allow the Stroll's to be a continuation, or whether they will issue a new licence. The former may be hard to get by other teams who'd gain the money FI is due, and the latter would mean no prize money.