2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

I don't know how things work here, but if the company is in administration it still exists, and the administrator is there to run the company, so why would they not still race as Fore India who have an entry? Unless someone has applied to have the asses bonded, the company carries on as it was trading previously??? or am I up the spout?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

F1NAC

Big Tea wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 20:39
I don't know how things work here, but if the company is in administration it still exists, and the administrator is there to run the company, so why would they not still race as Fore India who have an entry? Unless someone has applied to have the asses bonded, the company carries on as it was trading previously??? or am I up the spout?
they can race but with what? all assets are under Stroll and Co now. They basically have a company which is registered at F1 entry list but with nothing to race if I understand that correctly

Big Tea

F1NAC wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 20:41
Big Tea wrote:
they can race but with what? all assets are under Stroll and Co now. They basically have a company which is registered at F1 entry list but with nothing to race if I understand that correctly
Not if the company has not been signed over, which was reported. All the investors have done is grantee funds and payments. The company is still run by the administrator (I think??)

Edit,
Can not find much recent on it but (https://www.planetf1.com/news/mazepin-q ... ndia-deal/)
on PF1 talking in current terms are talking about the administrator being approached by Mazepin and co and it is todays date (I know the approach was last week)

ScottB

Big Tea wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 20:43
F1NAC wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Not if the company has not been signed over, which was reported. All the investors have done is grantee funds and payments. The company is still run by the administrator (I think??)

Edit,
Can not find much recent on it but (https://www.planetf1.com/news/mazepin-q ... ndia-deal/)
on PF1 talking in current terms are talking about the administrator being approached by Mazepin and co and it is todays date (I know the approach was last week)
It seems it needs the agreement of all the various Indian banks that are after VJ and Roy. This hasn't happened yet. So the assets have all been sold, but the company remains. As I understand it, you can't buy an entry from another company, if you want to keep the points and prize money anyway.

I suppose it depends if they are actively trying to buy the remaining corporate entity and if that's in the works, if it's a case of some paperwork being processed, maybe Liberty / the FIA can fudge it, if not, it's a tricky one, but yeah, as it stands, we have a new company that owns a couple F1 cars and employs all the relevant people but no right to race, and an old company that has the right to race, but has no means to do so.

Mazepin's complaints are different, from the sounds of it, as the existing management was involved, this was basically a pre packed admin management buyout, with the Stroll's and others bankrolling it. Other interested parties weren't given much time to meet the criteria, which was likely exactly what was intended.
Last edited by ScottB on 22 Aug 2018, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

ScottB wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 21:13
Big Tea wrote:
22 Aug 2018, 20:43
F1NAC wrote:

Edit,
It seems it needs the agreement of all the various Indian banks that are after VJ and Roy. This hasn't happened yet. So the assets have all been sold, but the company remains. As I understand it, you can't buy an entry from another company, if you want to keep the points and prize money anyway.

I suppose it depends if they are actively trying to buy the remaining corporate entity and if that's in the works, if it's a case of some paperwork being processed, maybe Liberty / the FIA can fudge it, if not, it's a tricky one, but yeah, as it stands, we have a new company that owns a couple F1 cars and employs all the relevant people but no right to race, and an old company that has the right to race, but as no means to do so.

Mazepin's complaints are different, from the sounds of it, as the existing management was involved, this was basically a pre packed admin management buyout, with the Stroll's and others bankrolling it. Other interested parties weren't given much time to meet the criteria, which was likely exactly what was intended.
Thanks. I did not realise they had either taken ownership nor changed the name, other than drop Sahara.
If it is a different company they should be free from pursuit by banks. May be a lesser of 2 evils.

Big Tea

Just hear an expert opinion on this and apparently the offer for Force India was not made/accepted soon enough to 'buy' FI as a team, they actually bought the assets.
Things now have to be put in place as a new team, or accepted as the same team. Don't know what

Morteza

I wonder what is happening behind the scenes. Motorsport.com reported that they may race as a new entity
https://twitter.com/LukeSmithF1/status/ ... 0601750528

There's also this
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/10 ... 0417507328
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

KeiKo403

Autosport reporting that detupy TP Bob Fernley has left the team. To be fair he always seemed like the actual TP but I'm sure VJ was having imput too.

So.....who's the new tp at Force India (which may not be called Force India)?

Big Tea

KeiKo403 wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 11:38
Autosport reporting that detupy TP Bob Fernley has left the team. To be fair he always seemed like the actual TP but I'm sure VJ was having imput too.

So.....who's the new tp at Force India (which may not be called Force India)?
That is a surprise, he is a huge asset to them.
Mclaren should come calling waving a wad of cash

Morteza

Wow! Just read the article [thanks to Google Translate of course]. I didn't expect it to be this complicated, and the consequences it would have on the driver market.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

adrianjordan

F1NAC wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
Surely there's a simple workaround to that.

As a temporary solution, Stroll et al "sponsor" FI in the form of loaning them the assets that they now own. This way the team continues running while everything is sorted behind the scenes.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Daliracing

I've readed Otmar Szafnauer is taking over the roll Bob Fernley.

bill shoe

I don't understand what's happening, but seems like an attempt to do some kind of "fait accompli" before the objecting teams (Williams, McLaren, etc.) can figure it out and stop it. It's much harder to stop a team entity that's already racing, regardless of legal niceties.

bauc

God Dam it! Just when you think s@it cant get any deeper.... I hope we will see the team out on the track this weekend and for the rest of the season.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg