2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adb
2
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by adb » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:48 pm

Sooo, now that we know Renault has a blown wing, they've track proven it, what are the chances that it's a major gain and what we've seen in Barcelona was not a final car? Or that they didn't really show their hand and it's actually a top car?

PhillipM
317
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by PhillipM » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:39 am

Not a lot, it's not really much different to what most teams are already doing using it with winglets on the crash structure to drive the diffuser flow up to the wing, in terms of performance it's nothing really, despite what the press yammer on about.

ivanlesk
11
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S. 18

Post by ivanlesk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am

New MGU-H for both drivers.
Didn't find if it's for performance or reliability.

korzeniow
25
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 am
Location: Cracow/Poland

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S. 18

Post by korzeniow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:40 pm

ivanlesk wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am
New MGU-H for both drivers.
Didn't find if it's for performance or reliability.
Was the change for performance? Or reliability?
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

baybars
3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:44 am

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S. 18

Post by baybars » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:27 pm

korzeniow wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:40 pm
ivanlesk wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 am
New MGU-H for both drivers.
Didn't find if it's for performance or reliability.
Was the change for performance? Or reliability?
The exchange of the MGU-H is unrelated to the turbo damage at Red Bull. On Thursday we recognized a potential problem from the data. It only affected our MGU-H and not our customers. To be on the safe side, we removed the parts and sent them back to Paris to test them on the test bench. Should our suspicions not be confirmed, they will return to the contingent and will be used in the Friday training sessions or maybe even in races. "
Abiteboul sees no general problem with MGU-H. "Otherwise, we would have taken action at the customer's and changed the turbocharger as well. These are parts from a particular batch, which has just gone to us

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... eue-mgu-h/

korzeniow
25
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:51 am
Location: Cracow/Poland

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S. 18

Post by korzeniow » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks for the link :)
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

baybars
3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:44 am

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by baybars » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 am

Cyril Abiteboul said thatBaku will mark the start of the next phase of our season push. We will debut some new chassis upgrades, specifically on the wings and bargeboards, which will be followed on the engine side in Barcelona

https://www.pitpass.com/61563/Renaults- ... an-preview

dren
275
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by dren » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:39 pm

What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Honda!

z.topoln
1
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by z.topoln » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm

dren wrote:What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Brainfart happened. Exactly the same as last year. Binned it by himself! I like the guy, but you cant be doing that and hope for a top drive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk


marmer
33
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by marmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:35 pm

z.topoln wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm
dren wrote:What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Brainfart happened. Exactly the same as last year. Binned it by himself! I like the guy, but you cant be doing that and hope for a top drive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Unless someone in a top team leaves like rosberg did and leave the team running round for drivers I suspect Renault is a good a seat as he can get now. Age is against him now compared to many other talented drivers equally for Roman and Perez. These 3 would only get a top seat as a quick fix now.
Red bull would grab gasley if one of their drivers leave.
Ferrari want Ricardo or Charles so would only pick someone else if vettel quits assuming one of these two replaces kimi.
Mercedes will keep botas if they don't get Ricardo. And the season after that theoretically George Russel will have a year under him at F1 level.

Also outside bet is that kubica gets a drive at Williams this season and then becomes a viable option for a big team.

dren
275
User avatar
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by dren » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:10 pm

z.topoln wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 pm
dren wrote:What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Brainfart happened. Exactly the same as last year. Binned it by himself! I like the guy, but you cant be doing that and hope for a top drive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's a shame, he was having a good race.
Honda!

GoranF1
177
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:10 pm

Alonso and Renault in 2019 for title.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

makecry
39
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by makecry » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 pm

dren wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:39 pm
What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Karma happened.

But uhmm.. he binned it by himself.

Andres125sx
312
User avatar
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Andres125sx » Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Opinions about the team order?

As a spanish it was painful, specially considering it was Monaco and track position is everything. But he was suffering with the tires so much...

I´d agree with it but the track makes me doubtful, Renault finished 8-10 when they were 8-9 before the TO, and since it was Monaco letting him by so he can attack some other car in front was not the case, it was just a matter of switching positions

Do you think they could have kept 8-9? I´m sure Nico could have kept Max behind much easier than Carlos, but this does not mean it would have been possible...


What are your thoughts?

Big Tea
60
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Mon May 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Andres125sx wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 5:34 pm
Opinions about the team order?

As a spanish it was painful, specially considering it was Monaco and track position is everything. But he was suffering with the tires so much...

I´d agree with it but the track makes me doubtful, Renault finished 8-10 when they were 8-9 before the TO, and since it was Monaco letting him by so he can attack some other car in front was not the case, it was just a matter of switching positions

Do you think they could have kept 8-9? I´m sure Nico could have kept Max behind much easier than Carlos, but this does not mean it would have been possible...


What are your thoughts?
Even at Monaco keeping a car behind is a risk. There was bad marbling like the old days and any step off line cost at best loss of grip for the lap at worse out of the race, and all options inbetween
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions