2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ajprice

Re: 2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

Which car have they painted? It's not a 2017 car with the high nose and upright rear wing on it.

Manoah2u

an older model, when kobayashi was still in their team alongside perez iirc. original car is white with black and red. so......same colors there lol

i believe it's the C30
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

i prefer this livery though

but this is the end result

also if im right, hinwil now has alfa romeo added

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Sniffit

Shrieker wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 14:51
Bwahahaha. Kick the only driver to have scored points for them. And he did it not once, but twice in that sh!tbox. Yes his performances was less than expected, but still.
The whole tyre debacle might have something to do with him being canned.

F1NAC

This is just a concept livery. It will change for sure. But still, Ericsson is in F1 :( FFS

Shrieker

Never thought I'd say it, but does that halo look sexy or what.
Sniffit wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 15:46
Must've missed that. What was that about ?
Last edited by Shrieker on 02 Dec 2017, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Sniffit

Shrieker wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 17:25
Sniffit wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 15:46
Must've missed that. What was that about ?
As far as I understood it, he got information from an outside source (read Mercedes) about how to work the tyres optimally. But he did not share this with the team, it was revealed after the summer when Sauber finally caught on why he always wanted to know exact tyre temperatures and kept adjusting his driving to get up/down but never letting the team know why or how. Seemingly to get an advantage over Ericsson.

DiogoBrand

So this Alfa Romeo thing surely has to do with FIAT/Ferrari and Leclerc's seat in the team. What else is involved? Discount in power units?

Sniffit

DiogoBrand wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 20:15
So this Alfa Romeo thing surely has to do with FIAT/Ferrari and Leclerc's seat in the team. What else is involved? Discount in power units?
Technical partnership within and outside of Formula 1.
One of the main focuses for the new owners has been to expand Saubers business outside of F1.

nokivasara

I think Ericsson is a good choise for Sauber, he is very good at staying out of trouble, has very few DNF's. IMO he has performed well against two highly rated young drivers. Wehrlein was the next big thing when he was in the Manor but didn't really show that against a mediocre driver as Marcus...He has been in Caterham (slow as f*ck), and a Sauber in decline so next year is the first year in a while that he will have a car that could be good enough to fight for points on it's own merit.
Ericsson has to get better on FP's and quali, he seems to be playing with the settings until Q3, maybe he lacks knowledge in what to change to make the car suit him. But in races he is alright IMHO.
Once Sauber get their sh/t together they can attract better drivers but this lineup is OK for 2018.

makecry

nokivasara wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 22:00
I think Ericsson is a good choise for Sauber, he is very good at staying out of trouble, has very few DNF's. IMO he has performed well against two highly rated young drivers. Wehrlein was the next big thing when he was in the Manor but didn't really show that against a mediocre driver as Marcus...He has been in Caterham (slow as f*ck), and a Sauber in decline so next year is the first year in a while that he will have a car that could be good enough to fight for points on it's own merit.
Ericsson has to get better on FP's and quali, he seems to be playing with the settings until Q3, maybe he lacks knowledge in what to change to make the car suit him. But in races he is alright IMHO.
Once Sauber get their sh/t together they can attract better drivers but this lineup is OK for 2018.

His gap to WEH in Quali is second lowest amongst all the teammates. Only Kvyat and Sainz were closer than them.

0.040% was their median gap. For reference, Palmar and Hulk were >0.9% ie their gap was 22.5 times bigger.

Manoah2u

Further indicating that Wehrlein is just as useless and surely why he'll be without a seat come 2018 season.
It's a good thing Mercedes didn't put him in Nico's seat, that would have been an absolute disgrace.

nokivasara

makecry wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 22:49
nokivasara wrote:

His gap to WEH in Quali is second lowest amongst all the teammates. Only Kvyat and Sainz were closer than them.

0.040% was their median gap. For reference, Palmar and Hulk were >0.9% ie their gap was 22.5 times bigger.
They were close for sure, but in interviews Ericsson often says that he's not comfortable with the car and that they were making some changes before quali. Also in quali they are often very late with a good lap, I don't know if he needs those laps to build up speed or what, but there is no margin for error.
We'll see in 2018 but I don't think he is as useless as some people say he is.

Squid

nokivasara wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 23:25
makecry wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 22:49
nokivasara wrote:

They were close for sure, but in interviews Ericsson often says that he's not comfortable with the car and that they were making some changes before quali. Also in quali they are often very late with a good lap, I don't know if he needs those laps to build up speed or what, but there is no margin for error.
We'll see in 2018 but I don't think he is as useless as some people say he is.
Come on, it's gonna be his 5th year in F1. Before that, he's had 4 years in GP2 where his best championship finishing position was 6th, on his last season before F1 I might add. Even Palmer won the damn thing after 4 years.

If there was anything that Ericsson could prove, he would and should have done it by now.

Sevach

Manoah2u wrote:
02 Dec 2017, 23:19
Further indicating that Wehrlein is just as useless and surely why he'll be without a seat come 2018 season.
It's a good thing Mercedes didn't put him in Nico's seat, that would have been an absolute disgrace.
At this point Red Bull would have cut Wehrlein and gone for the next in line, with Ocon now firmly the first option and Russell getting closer i wonder how long Pascal has before getting booted.