2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Re: 2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

GREAT news! Sauber suddenly has one of the best line ups. Hope they can fight for top 6.

seventhsin

Ericsson relegated to 'third' driver. Official announcement of Giovinazzi to race in 2019 to come.

Ferrari B team confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

marmer
marmer

foxmulder_ms wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 15:59
GREAT news! Sauber suddenly has one of the best line ups. Hope they can fight for top 6.
You been drinking? One of the best line ups my arse
Merc Ferrari red bull and Renault all have better line ups

Giovinazzi hasn't shown a great deal of anything.

Only teams worse would be Williams and Toro rosso and depending on line up they might not be that bad

NathanOlder

Gio is about Gasly's level, and Kimis past it but it cuould be a new lease of life . They will have a better lineup that Williams ,Toro Rosso , Force India and probably Haas. So 6th best on the grid in my opinion.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sevach
Sevach

In the Brazilian press it was said that, contractually Ferrari gets to pick one of the Sauber drivers, and they didn't use it on Kimi, i think that proved true.
It's curious that Longbow gave up on Ericsson after his best season thus far, but i guess Kimi was too good an opportunity for marketing and visibility.

Still, lower tier talent (Ericsson), hopefully he's more competitive in some other series.

marmer
marmer

NathanOlder wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 18:42
Gio is about Gasly's level, and Kimis past it but it cuould be a new lease of life . They will have a better lineup that Williams ,Toro Rosso , Force India and probably Haas. So 6th best on the grid in my opinion.
Nah he is niwher near the same level as gasly
Gasly finished ahead in gp2 and and is two years younger. He has more F1 experience including some great results

NathanOlder

marmer wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 21:11
NathanOlder wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 18:42
Nah he is niwher near the same level as gasly
Gasly finished ahead in gp2 and and is two years younger. He has more F1 experience including some great results
You obviously never watched GP2. Gio was leading the championship with 1 round to go, He won more races that season too. Then add the fact Gasly had a part season in 2014 in the Gp2 car, then the whole of 2015 in the Gp2 car and was then in 2016 paired with Gio (a rookie) who never drove a GP2 car until he was paired with Gasly, and he lost the title on the Final day! Gasly had nearly 30 races in that car to Gio's 0! Also remember that the GP2 car didnt change from 2011 to 2016 so any experience in it was valuable for the following season. And you say nowhere near his level lol alright buddy.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Sevach wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 18:47
In the Brazilian press it was said that, contractually Ferrari gets to pick one of the Sauber drivers, and they didn't use it on Kimi, i think that proved true.
It's curious that Longbow gave up on Ericsson after his best season thus far, but i guess Kimi was too good an opportunity for marketing and visibility.

Still, lower tier talent (Ericsson), hopefully he's more competitive in some other series.
Longbow (Rausing and friends) just want to be in F1. They don’t need Ericsson for the exposure or some brand marketing. With Longbow/Islero ownership, they can have the joys of being an F1 supporter, with or without Marcus.

But yeah, Kimi & Gio with some re-enginered ‘18 Ferrari tech, must be killer.

Sevach
Sevach

NL_Fer wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 22:32
Sevach wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 18:47

Longbow (Rausing and friends) just want to be in F1. They don’t need Ericsson for the exposure or some brand marketing. With Longbow/Islero ownership, they can have the joys of being an F1 supporter, with or without Marcus.

But yeah, Kimi & Gio with some re-enginered ‘18 Ferrari tech, must be killer.
Just putting Kimi in a poster is better marketing than Ericsson could ever be, even in Sweden.
Not to mention Marcus is still employed, they can still use him.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

marmer wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 17:23
foxmulder_ms wrote:

Only teams worse would be Williams and Toro rosso and depending on line up they might not be that bad

2019 will be surprising for you.

marmer
marmer

foxmulder_ms wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 21:53
marmer wrote:
foxmulder_ms wrote:

I doubt it. If he was that good why did Ferrari not put him in the sauber before Charles

Clearly Ferrari rate him much lower than Charles let's not forget when that seat came up Charles has less experience

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

marmer wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 17:38
foxmulder_ms wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 21:53
marmer wrote:

I doubt it. If he was that good why did Ferrari not put him in the sauber before Charles

Clearly Ferrari rate him much lower than Charles let's not forget when that seat came up Charles has less experience
That doesn't prove that Gasly is better, just that Charles is better than Gio, and both coul'd be better than Gasly.

Morteza

Even the non-F1 stuff he does is impressive :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GPR-A

Morteza wrote:
02 Nov 2018, 05:53
Even the non-F1 stuff he does is impressive :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpe4gkXFNda/
Great spatial awareness! He was measuring it right! Surely, will do well in wheel to wheel battle with that, spatial awareness. :D

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare