2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nzjrs

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Wouter wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 15:32
saviour stivala wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 14:48
What actually happened with red bull/Renault will happen again, only the engine supplier name will change "when red bull wins red bull great. when red bull lose Honda s**t".
You also said this exactly in the General Honda topic. Why?
Do you have something against RBR?
User has -12 rep. Just add them to your ignore list and move on.

johnny vee

I wonder if we will see a Honda powered Redbull at the tyre test after Abu Dhabi like we had with Mclaren end of 2014...
Does anyone know if there is a tyre test lined up after the Abu Dhabi race?
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

godlameroso

Vanja #66 wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 21:53
Talisman wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 20:19
If they go for Honda I think you might be right...
It's unrelated to engine as well. Next year, rules will require severely redesigned aero on new cars. Aero takes time to develop and teams stuck in 2018 C'ship battle will most likely suffer in early 2019(it happened in 2008-2009 transition and it happened in 2013-2014 transition, as most recent examples). Red Bull ain't gonna be there this year, so they will send all their resources to 2019 project sooner than Ferrari and Mercedes.
It won't change that much to be honest, the new aero regs aren't a huge change. There will be slightly less front wing downforce, but the bargeboards will be just as strong next year, and a year of development means gains here can balance out anything lost from the front wing. The cascade elements are maybe worth a few tenths, but the wider span may make it a wash considering any development on the inboard side of the wing.

The biggest deficit in lap time will come from the bigger rear wing, also without the slots on the end plates drag will invariably increase.
Saishū kōnā

balintgabulya

Shakeman wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 11:44
It might be that Honda have not got plans to be in F1 beyond the 2020 season and would bow out then.
Hahah, if that's the case Redbull might hit Jackpot. Honda going on all in to develop engines for last 2-years, contend maybe next year but definitely 2020, while Redbull goes over to an other engine past 2021, maybe even from a totally new supplier.

On a serious note, I think Honda will stay and might even put their hands on Toro Rosso at some point.

Ground Effect

What's this talk/rumour about Adrian Newey moving to Renault works team??? Surely that can't be true, silly season in full swing??
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

tcooper27

Ground Effect wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 16:02
What's this talk/rumour about Adrian Newey moving to Renault works team??? Surely that can't be true, silly season in full swing??
He's a smart guy that builds good cars, so he probably gets offers every year. It's not news- or discussion-worthy until he accepts one.

Vanja #66

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 15:45
It won't change that much to be honest, the new aero regs aren't a huge change. There will be slightly less front wing downforce, but the bargeboards will be just as strong next year, and a year of development means gains here can balance out anything lost from the front wing. The cascade elements are maybe worth a few tenths, but the wider span may make it a wash considering any development on the inboard side of the wing.

The biggest deficit in lap time will come from the bigger rear wing, also without the slots on the end plates drag will invariably increase.
Visually, it doesn't look like much, but these are very big changes.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

godlameroso

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 17:49
godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 15:45

Visually, it doesn't look like much, but these are very big changes.
They're big in the sense that it's going to take some tweaking of the current car, but I don't think it'll make the cars 1.5 seconds slower.
Saishū kōnā

NL_Fer

Ground Effect wrote:
What can they offer? A nice office in Enstone and a hand in developing the next Clio V6?

Vanja #66

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 18:13
They're big in the sense that it's going to take some tweaking of the current car, but I don't think it'll make the cars 1.5 seconds slower.
Oh they will, count on it. :) It's crazy to think this way since wings are getting bigger, but diffuser and floor won't be working as hard, so everything will go down a bit with them.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

godlameroso

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 20:25
godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 18:13
Oh they will, count on it. :) It's crazy to think this way since wings are getting bigger, but diffuser and floor won't be working as hard, so everything will go down a bit with them.
I don't think 1.5 seconds though, more likely .5 seconds slower, I just have a feeling that those darn bargeboards have some more performance to exploit.
Saishū kōnā

Vanja #66

godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 20:30
I don't think 1.5 seconds though, more likely .5 seconds slower, I just have a feeling that those darn bargeboards have some more performance to exploit.
They will be getting shorter, you know that? :D

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

godlameroso

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 20:32
godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 20:30
They will be getting shorter, you know that? :D
Yes along the side of the cockpit, but the area that has all the performance is left untouched. You know which part I'm talking about :wink:

Saishū kōnā

Vanja #66

Actually, biggest magic (at least that's what seems to me) happens right where they'll cut them.

Anyway, let's not hijack this thread for aero discussions. Some of them should be left untouched :D

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

Big Tea

NL_Fer wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 19:55
Ground Effect wrote:
What can they offer? A nice office in Enstone and a hand in developing the next Clio V6?
It depends on what Newey wants. His son is racing now and a father and son LeMans win would be nice.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.