2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post by ME4ME » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:09 pm

I think the stage is set up quite nicely for a Red Bull Honda partnership. The final decision will depend on performance, but I don't think Honda needs to beat Renault this season to get the deal done. There are too many advantages for Red Bull to be had. There is big potential for parts-sharing between TR and RBR and they are already using the same fuel & lubricant supplier in Mobil1. After a deal is done, Red Bull can recall Sainz for 2019 and place him at TR (or RBR if needed) or make Renault empty their pockets to buy him out.

Manoah2u

Post by Manoah2u » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm

To be honest, i'd hate to see Sainz treated like that, as if he's some piece of furniture or meat that you can throw around.
I think Renault is a better place for Carlos to be right now, with more potential.
@ RedBull there is no room, and i do wonder what would happen if DannyRic would leave.
The Verstappen-Sainz combo supposedly (i repeat, supposedly) was as bad or perhaps even worse than Rosberg-Hamilton.
So would RB actually place Sainz there, or could we actually see Gasly or Hartley go from TR to RB and play a clear 'nr2' to Max?
I don't see Sainz going back to RB, nor from RB's side nor his own side.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Giblet

Post by Giblet » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Manoah2u wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm
To be honest, i'd hate to see Sainz treated like that, as if he's some piece of furniture or meat that you can throw around.
I think Renault is a better place for Carlos to be right now, with more potential.
@ RedBull there is no room, and i do wonder what would happen if DannyRic would leave.
The Verstappen-Sainz combo supposedly (i repeat, supposedly) was as bad or perhaps even worse than Rosberg-Hamilton.
So would RB actually place Sainz there, or could we actually see Gasly or Hartley go from TR to RB and play a clear 'nr2' to Max?
I don't see Sainz going back to RB, nor from RB's side nor his own side.
To be fair he's been thrown around at F1 teams because is good and in demand. Drivers have always been pawns for teams, because drivers come and go but the teams remain. Carlos seems pretty happy about his position.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ME4ME

Post by ME4ME » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm

I don't think Red Bull would force Sainz to drive for Toro Rosso in 2019, It just wouldn't work. He ran out of patience with Toro Rosso last year and was quite open about it. However I'm sure Red Bull would make sure that Renault pays the full price for him.

marmer

Post by marmer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm

ME4ME wrote:I don't think Red Bull would force Sainz to drive for Toro Rosso in 2019, It just wouldn't work. He ran out of patience with Toro Rosso last year and was quite open about it. However I'm sure Red Bull would make sure that Renault pays the full price for him.
He would go back if honda produce a belter and they look faster than Renault drivers are mercenaries

gandharva

Post by gandharva » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 pm

CriXus

Post by CriXus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Have Marchionne made him an offer he could not refuse? :D
"Without music, life would be an error!!!" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jolle

Post by Jolle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm

marmer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm
ME4ME wrote:I don't think Red Bull would force Sainz to drive for Toro Rosso in 2019, It just wouldn't work. He ran out of patience with Toro Rosso last year and was quite open about it. However I'm sure Red Bull would make sure that Renault pays the full price for him.
He would go back if honda produce a belter and they look faster than Renault drivers are mercenaries
I guess it all depends what is in his contract. If he's still under contract for RedBull for 2019, he hasn't got much choice...

RonDennis

Post by RonDennis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Sad news for Red Bull if true.

Big Tea

Post by Big Tea » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Jolle wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:19 pm
marmer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm
I guess it all depends what is in his contract. If he's still under contract for RedBull for 2019, he hasn't got much choice...
From choice, I assume he would want to take the option that shows him in the best light as a potential driver for a top team. If he thought he could get a better race out of the STR, then I don't see why he would not want to go back and 'show them how its supposed to be done'. There is also the matter of bonuses to consider. (Assuming his pay is set) if he gets the STR higher than its expected position he gets more bonus, plus pays less to FIA for points earned.

I would like to hear his take on it.
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

Godius

Post by Godius » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Max did the filming day session today

Artur Craft

Post by Artur Craft » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:44 am

It seems the race pace of the car is great as Ricciardo made the fastest lap by a big margin

GhostF1

Post by GhostF1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:19 am

Artur Craft wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:44 am
It seems the race pace of the car is great as Ricciardo made the fastest lap by a big margin
I think a little bit of that was him probably turning the power unit up trying to catch Raikkonen for 3rd.

godlameroso

Post by godlameroso » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Red Bull must be thinking, I'll take that Honda and Gasley if you don't mind.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

zac510

Post by zac510 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 am

Does anyone think that VES might have a RBR/Honda engine break clause? Although even if he did have such a clause in his contract, I'm not sure which top team he could move to anyway.