2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sn809
sn809
6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

dxpetrov wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:21 pm
yener wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:06 pm
I really hope they are running the long stints, because the gap to Fer/Merc is big. Riciardo, on spec C not really impressive. Both on supersoft

1. S. Vettel - 1:21:105 (SS)
2. K. Räikkönen - 1:21:375 (SS)
3. L. Hamilton - 1:21:392 (SS)
4. V. Bottas - 1:21:803 (SS)
5. M. Verstappen - 1:22:154 (SS)
6. D. Ricciardo - 1:22:296 (SS)
Riccardo's lap times are never impressive.
He tends to gain points by his opportunistic style and good fortune.
Yes his driving skills. For those who dont know how to drive-Luck and fortune

carisi2k
carisi2k
34
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Maybe you can explain monaco in 2016 and 2018 then?

User avatar
Sieper
115
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

2018 is a great example of fortune, every other track where you loose a part of the power output of your engine you would be an absolute sitting duck, here Vettel didn’t even dare attempt an overtake for fear of loosing his points.
Just a personal interest, a Family recreating a WW2 May 1940 Dutch warbird from scratch: https://www.facebook.com/FlyingFokkerD21/

Singabule
Singabule
27
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:47 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Not so good performance from spec C, i dont know why RB throwing resource to adapt their chassis for this engine. Rather if I can decide i would slap honda engine on it and say 'no worries, i ll pay u in full' to Renault to understand honda engine. Maybe it is to slap Renault in face when honda texas upgrade coming? I dont know, but for me it just a waste of resources

Webber2011
Webber2011
47
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Australia NSW

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Must be highly embarrassing for Renault, when it's now claimed the Red Bull fuel supplier is extracting more from the upgrade than the works team 😯

McMika98
McMika98
-48
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Based on tidbits Honda have been doing lots of test with RB gearbox recently on dyno. So maybe they have not quite reached the maturation but could be there in the penultimate races when there is nothing to lose. Gasly doing a seat fit on Daniels car could also suggest he might be there sooner than expected as they would not want Danny Ric anywhere near a Honda unit.

McMika98
McMika98
-48
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Webber2011 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am
Must be highly embarrassing for Renault, when it's now claimed the Red Bull fuel supplier is extracting more from the upgrade than the works team 😯
Not really. The spec B was producing more hp for customer team, so what this has done really is made it even with the additional risk and installation changes. Renault werent that far off RedBull here and Mclaren werent blown off.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect
133
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Webber2011 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am
Must be highly embarrassing for Renault, when it's now claimed the Red Bull fuel supplier is extracting more from the upgrade than the works team 😯
Renault and Mclaren had no plans to use the spec C engine, so it was optimized for Red Bull, who of course use Mobil.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Webber2011
Webber2011
47
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Australia NSW

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Ground Effect wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:27 am
Webber2011 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am
Must be highly embarrassing for Renault, when it's now claimed the Red Bull fuel supplier is extracting more from the upgrade than the works team 😯
Renault and Mclaren had no plans to use the spec C engine, so it was optimized for Red Bull, who of course use Mobil.
Not having a go at you mate, but why on earth would Renault optimise an engine to suit RBR ? ? ?

User avatar
Sieper
115
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Maybe it is all just political talk, maybe they just try to part with Some bit of dignity still left, especially now that Ricciardo will be heading to Renault next year.
Just a personal interest, a Family recreating a WW2 May 1940 Dutch warbird from scratch: https://www.facebook.com/FlyingFokkerD21/

Ground Effect
Ground Effect
133
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

Webber2011 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am
Ground Effect wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:27 am
Webber2011 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 am
Must be highly embarrassing for Renault, when it's now claimed the Red Bull fuel supplier is extracting more from the upgrade than the works team 😯
Renault and Mclaren had no plans to use the spec C engine, so it was optimized for Red Bull, who of course use Mobil.
Not having a go at you mate, but why on earth would Renault optimise an engine to suit RBR ? ? ?
Dyno running would have been with Mobil fuel, since Renault won't run and had no intention of using the C spec. They would still like to collect data on the engine, which is an evolution of the B spec.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

sn809
sn809
6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

carisi2k wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Maybe you can explain monaco in 2016 and 2018 then?
Oh my god.
Its Sarcasm I think he is one of the better drivers on the grid as far as overtaking is concerned and 2018 has not happened yet. So open ur eyes specially when negatively voting some1

User avatar
MtthsMlw
864
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post


carisi2k
carisi2k
34
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

sn809 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:51 pm
carisi2k wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Maybe you can explain monaco in 2016 and 2018 then?
Oh my god.
Its Sarcasm I think he is one of the better drivers on the grid as far as overtaking is concerned and 2018 has not happened yet. So open ur eyes specially when negatively voting some1
It wasn't me who negatively voted you. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text and what year are you living in where monaco 2018 hasn't happened yet?

sn809
sn809
6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Post

carisi2k wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:59 pm
sn809 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:51 pm
carisi2k wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Maybe you can explain monaco in 2016 and 2018 then?
Oh my god.
Its Sarcasm I think he is one of the better drivers on the grid as far as overtaking is concerned and 2018 has not happened yet. So open ur eyes specially when negatively voting some1
It wasn't me who negatively voted you. Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text and what year are you living in where monaco 2018 hasn't happened yet?
I am sorry I had travelled to 2017.