2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1NAC

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Manoah2u

Ferrari's "NEW" logo

glad to see that old one gone with the marlboro look to it. very good news.
could it actually have to do with Santander then, and much less with Marlboro/Philip Morris?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

santos

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 18:40
Ferrari's "NEW" logo

http://formula1.ferrari.com/wp-content/ ... o-2018.png

glad to see that old one gone with the marlboro look to it. very good news.
could it actually have to do with Santander then, and much less with Marlboro/Philip Morris?
Santander is gone... And the what is been said is that the new major sponsor will be IQOS. Witch is a brand owned by Philip Morris.

Manoah2u

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Pramesi

According to some reports, Kimi's race engineer, Dave Greenwood, has left Ferrari

[media]https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/9 ... 9380412416[/media]

f1316

We can only hope the car has a similar look! (particular that shade of red)

F1NAC

Kvyat becomes development driver for Scuderia Ferrari

marmer

F1NAC wrote:Kvyat becomes development driver for Scuderia Ferrari
Wouldn't it be strange if Kimi retired at the end of season kvyatt been putting in good times gets a drive for 19 Ferrari make a winning car and he wins the championship just to stick it to red bull

Wouter

That's great that he still is in F1! I hope he will get a seat in the future in one of the teams.
His former race engineer Marco Matassa left also STR and is now also working for Ferrari.
Glad Daniil isn't working with Helmut Marko :evil: anymore. Daniil speaks fluently Italian and has a home
in Italy. I wish him all the best.
The Power of Dreams!

Scuderia1967

So, even Ferrari needs russian money. I hope this, at least, means Giovinazzi will be Sauber's 3rd driver, preparing for a 2019 seat (or 2018, if Ericsson keeps underperforming...)

Manoah2u

F1NAC wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 15:20
Lol, i remember Ferrari aquiring loads of (former) F1 drivers to their pool, never to see either of them in F1 ever again.
Badoer, Fisichella, Kobayashi, and now Kvyat, just to name a few.
And then there's still Giovanazzi, Fuoco (what happened to him anyway), LeClerc. Is Grosjean fully contracted to Haas or is there a Ferrari-connection there? i don't think so, but i might have missed that.

santos

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 19:01
F1NAC wrote:
Lol, i remember Ferrari aquiring loads of (former) F1 drivers to their pool, never to see either of them in F1 ever again.
And then there's still Giovanazzi, Fuoco (what happened to him anyway), LeClerc. Is Grosjean fully contracted to Haas or is there a Ferrari-connection there? i don't think so, but i might have missed that.
Just like Red Bull have many drivers. What is going to do Pascal now at Mercedes?

basti313

F1NAC wrote:
They just wanted him to stay away from Vettel during the races. Mission accomplished. :mrgreen: =D>
Manoah2u wrote:
??? Badoer replaced Massa, Fisicho replaced Badoer. There is no other team with a better usage of reserve drivers.
Manoah2u wrote:
I think the doors are closed for Gio. Ferrari had the plan to put him into the Haas, but Steiner said no. Marchione did not like that for sure...I guess Haar will be behind Sauber now...
Don`t russel the hamster!

basti313

santos wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 19:26
Just like Red Bull have many drivers. What is going to do Pascal now at Mercedes?
DTM. There was an interview with someone from Mercedes between the lines confirming all drivers but Engel and di Resta. Engel will be in Formula E, so I guess they sack him for Wehrlein in the DTM.
Don`t russel the hamster!

godlameroso

basti313 wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 21:00
F1NAC wrote:
They just wanted him to stay away from Vettel during the races. Mission accomplished. :mrgreen: =D>
Manoah2u wrote:
??? Badoer replaced Massa, Fisicho replaced Badoer. There is no other team with a better usage of reserve drivers.
Manoah2u wrote:
I think the doors are closed for Gio. Ferrari had the plan to put him into the Haas, but Steiner said no. Marchione did not like that for sure...I guess Haar will be behind Sauber now...
I would argue that the reason Haas doesn't want to help Ferrari is likely because Ferrari doesn't help Haas with how to run the power unit, or how to get the most out of it. Haas figures they're on their own, so they don't have to give Ferrari special favors. They helped Ferrari get extra wind tunnel time which is why the 2015 car was so competitive at the start. Ferrari doesn't reciprocate other than giving them current power units, and treat Haas like a customer.

If they had a better relationship, I wouldn't doubt that Haas would be more welcoming to Ferrari juniors.

I'm not speaking on behalf of anyone just my interpretation of the situation. I have no opinion on who is right or wrong.
Saishū kōnā