2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ringleheim
Ringleheim
11
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

JPBD1990 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:48 pm
If Ferrari can bring home the championship this year, it will be in his honour. Great loss. RIP
If Ferrari win the championship, I think Ferrari will do what they did in 2003 with the passing of Gianni Agnelli. Perhaps the initials "SM" will be worked into the naming of the 2019 F1 car.

Would be nice to see something like that.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
414
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:45 am
Sergio Marchionne was pronounced dead this morning. Condolences to the family and all at FCA, CNH and Scuderia Ferrari.
didn't have the time to read ANY newspaper today untill just now.
WOW. :shock: :shock: :shock:

i'm in total shock :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

what a sad passing. so fast.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

User avatar
Shrieker
43
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

RIP Sergio. What an odd fate to go in for a shoulder operation, and not come out of it at 66...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
414
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Shrieker wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 pm
RIP Sergio. What an odd fate to go in for a shoulder operation, and not come out of it at 66...
from what i came across, it seems a bloodclot dislodged during/thanks to the shoulder operation, which went up and clogged bloodflow to the brains, causing severe, immediate and very permanent damage to the brains resulting in the coma. it's unclear to me whether death occured due to very possible death of the brains, or another cause, but without any doubt it has been the after-effect of the complications.

minor injury with huge aftermath.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe
19
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Rest in peace Sergio Marchionne. Life is really transient.
I hope his family, loved ones and Ferrari can heal from the loss.

User avatar
adrianjordan
64
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Manoah2u wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:34 pm
Shrieker wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 pm
RIP Sergio. What an odd fate to go in for a shoulder operation, and not come out of it at 66...
from what i came across, it seems a bloodclot dislodged during/thanks to the shoulder operation, which went up and clogged bloodflow to the brains, causing severe, immediate and very permanent damage to the brains resulting in the coma. it's unclear to me whether death occured due to very possible death of the brains, or another cause, but without any doubt it has been the after-effect of the complications.

minor injury with huge aftermath.
As I said, stroke (also known as CVA) is always a side effect of surgery. Seems that is what happened here.

My professional assumption is that they were able to clear the clot, but that the tissue damage was too severe and he never woke up. I suspect that he was on full life support ever since the surgery and they were allowing a few days to be sure of the prognosis.
In 2007 I had the chance to go to a meet-and-greet with an F1 test driver. I decided not to as I didn't think he'd even amount to much...he was the BMW Sauber test driver and his name was Sebastian Vettel...

f1316
f1316
130
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Regardless of what happens in the championship this year, I think it will go down in history that Marchionne - aside from all his larger business achievements- was responsible for dramatically turning around the fortunes of the Ferrari formula 1 team. Their success today vs 4 years ago is phenomenal and is completely in line with Marchionne’s tenure.

His decisions weren’t immediately popular with fans or following the conventional wisdom - e.g. parting with James Allison, eschewing big name technical staff for internal, largely Italian, promotions - but they were logical: founded around a healthy organisation where people can progress and are free to explore innovative ideas.

Gone too soon, and I’m sure he’ll be sadly missed. RIP

User avatar
MtthsMlw
846
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

-twin battery (all Ferrari PU cars)
-wastegates open fairly early and sound very distinguishable (SF71H only)
-floor tunnel (SF71H only)
-two RW mounting pillars (all Ferrari PU cars + Williams)

Feel free to add stuff.

User avatar
Vanja #66
312
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: BGD, SRB

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Is it twin battery or a single battery treated as two? It is present on Ferrari since 2014, mind you.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

saviour stivala
saviour stivala
-5
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm
Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

-twin battery (all Ferrari PU cars)
-wastegates open fairly early and sound very distinguishable (SF71H only)
-floor tunnel (SF71H only)
-two RW mounting pillars (all Ferrari PU cars + Williams)

Feel free to add stuff.
+ the new found ability/capability of FERRARI to during the race freely use for lap after lap the so called free load mode/qualifying mode/party mode made possible by new found reliability, better fuel consumption and new harvesting capabilities.

Brenton
Brenton
11
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:28 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

saviour stivala wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 pm
MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm
Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

-twin battery (all Ferrari PU cars)
-wastegates open fairly early and sound very distinguishable (SF71H only)
-floor tunnel (SF71H only)
-two RW mounting pillars (all Ferrari PU cars + Williams)

Feel free to add stuff.
+ the new found ability/capability of FERRARI to during the race freely use for lap after lap the so called free load mode/qualifying mode/party mode made possible by new found reliability, better fuel consumption and new harvesting capabilities.
Maybe it is reliability. How could a PU jump in performance so quickly? The PU has the ability to jump so much in HP already .... the qualy modes! So could be that reliability is the primary reason for the jump? Able to use more aggressive modes more often.

marvin78
marvin78
15
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:33 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Ferrari's reason for not accepting 4 PUs in 2018 season was that they invested very much in reliability. So this could be the thing.

marmer
marmer
35
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Seems time they are also able to run in hot air far better than mercedes can. In both power and tyre performance.

User avatar
Juzh
505
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

Brenton wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:19 pm
saviour stivala wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 pm
MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:30 pm
Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

-twin battery (all Ferrari PU cars)
-wastegates open fairly early and sound very distinguishable (SF71H only)
-floor tunnel (SF71H only)
-two RW mounting pillars (all Ferrari PU cars + Williams)

Feel free to add stuff.
+ the new found ability/capability of FERRARI to during the race freely use for lap after lap the so called free load mode/qualifying mode/party mode made possible by new found reliability, better fuel consumption and new harvesting capabilities.
Maybe it is reliability. How could a PU jump in performance so quickly? The PU has the ability to jump so much in HP already .... the qualy modes! So could be that reliability is the primary reason for the jump? Able to use more aggressive modes more often.
Then their qualifying performace would come back to mercedes level, which is obviously not the case. They can linearly increase power output on their PU as the weekend goes on.

User avatar
Morteza
2269
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare