2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ringleheim

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPBD1990 wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 14:48
If Ferrari can bring home the championship this year, it will be in his honour. Great loss. RIP
If Ferrari win the championship, I think Ferrari will do what they did in 2003 with the passing of Gianni Agnelli. Perhaps the initials "SM" will be worked into the naming of the 2019 F1 car.

Would be nice to see something like that.

Manoah2u

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 11:45
Sergio Marchionne was pronounced dead this morning. Condolences to the family and all at FCA, CNH and Scuderia Ferrari.
didn't have the time to read ANY newspaper today untill just now.
WOW. :shock: :shock: :shock:

i'm in total shock :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

what a sad passing. so fast.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

RIP Sergio. What an odd fate to go in for a shoulder operation, and not come out of it at 66...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Manoah2u

Shrieker wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 20:05
RIP Sergio. What an odd fate to go in for a shoulder operation, and not come out of it at 66...
from what i came across, it seems a bloodclot dislodged during/thanks to the shoulder operation, which went up and clogged bloodflow to the brains, causing severe, immediate and very permanent damage to the brains resulting in the coma. it's unclear to me whether death occured due to very possible death of the brains, or another cause, but without any doubt it has been the after-effect of the complications.

minor injury with huge aftermath.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GrandAxe

Rest in peace Sergio Marchionne. Life is really transient.
I hope his family, loved ones and Ferrari can heal from the loss.

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 20:34
Shrieker wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 20:05
from what i came across, it seems a bloodclot dislodged during/thanks to the shoulder operation, which went up and clogged bloodflow to the brains, causing severe, immediate and very permanent damage to the brains resulting in the coma. it's unclear to me whether death occured due to very possible death of the brains, or another cause, but without any doubt it has been the after-effect of the complications.

minor injury with huge aftermath.
As I said, stroke (also known as CVA) is always a side effect of surgery. Seems that is what happened here.

My professional assumption is that they were able to clear the clot, but that the tissue damage was too severe and he never woke up. I suspect that he was on full life support ever since the surgery and they were allowing a few days to be sure of the prognosis.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

f1316

Regardless of what happens in the championship this year, I think it will go down in history that Marchionne - aside from all his larger business achievements- was responsible for dramatically turning around the fortunes of the Ferrari formula 1 team. Their success today vs 4 years ago is phenomenal and is completely in line with Marchionne’s tenure.

His decisions weren’t immediately popular with fans or following the conventional wisdom - e.g. parting with James Allison, eschewing big name technical staff for internal, largely Italian, promotions - but they were logical: founded around a healthy organisation where people can progress and are free to explore innovative ideas.

Gone too soon, and I’m sure he’ll be sadly missed. RIP

MtthsMlw

Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

-twin battery (all Ferrari PU cars)
-wastegates open fairly early and sound very distinguishable (SF71H only)
-floor tunnel (SF71H only)
-two RW mounting pillars (all Ferrari PU cars + Williams)

Feel free to add stuff.

Vanja #66

Is it twin battery or a single battery treated as two? It is present on Ferrari since 2014, mind you.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

saviour stivala

MtthsMlw wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 17:30
Maybe in an effort to understand Ferrari's sudden gain in power we should look at things that are unique to the SF71H in general and in comparison to Haas and Sauber.

Feel free to add stuff.
+ the new found ability/capability of FERRARI to during the race freely use for lap after lap the so called free load mode/qualifying mode/party mode made possible by new found reliability, better fuel consumption and new harvesting capabilities.

Brenton

saviour stivala wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 20:59
MtthsMlw wrote:

Feel free to add stuff.
+ the new found ability/capability of FERRARI to during the race freely use for lap after lap the so called free load mode/qualifying mode/party mode made possible by new found reliability, better fuel consumption and new harvesting capabilities.
Maybe it is reliability. How could a PU jump in performance so quickly? The PU has the ability to jump so much in HP already .... the qualy modes! So could be that reliability is the primary reason for the jump? Able to use more aggressive modes more often.

marvin78

Ferrari's reason for not accepting 4 PUs in 2018 season was that they invested very much in reliability. So this could be the thing.

marmer

Seems time they are also able to run in hot air far better than mercedes can. In both power and tyre performance.

Juzh

Brenton wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 22:19
saviour stivala wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 20:59
MtthsMlw wrote:

Feel free to add stuff.
Maybe it is reliability. How could a PU jump in performance so quickly? The PU has the ability to jump so much in HP already .... the qualy modes! So could be that reliability is the primary reason for the jump? Able to use more aggressive modes more often.
Then their qualifying performace would come back to mercedes level, which is obviously not the case. They can linearly increase power output on their PU as the weekend goes on.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare