2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
siskue2005

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Sierra117 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 02:56
You guys might be overlooking the fact that Kimi outside of the works Ferrari team might have a much better mental and emotional state. The freedom to do more in terms of racing for himself might mean much better and enjoyable drives by him, for him. It's a possibility. And with good hardware from Ferrari he might even begin winning races here and there. Who knows.
From fighting for pole and wins to barely touching the top 6 teams... Kimi won't be doing that.... for freedom of racing and mind set, he can always race in rally and other series

siskue2005

Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 23:42
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 21:44
Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 15:48

This I would LOVE!!!!. However I do not think it will happen.
i dont think it is a good move to drive for midfield team..... stop racing when you are doing good, no need to go to sauber and be mediocre before you retire..... and i think Kimi knows this
If Ferrari really do intend to back Sauber heavily, I think it is a good idea. They would move up quite a bit with full Ferrari backing and a top driver. However, I am not sure about a driver having any management position in a team as it has not worked the last couple of times.
Even if they back sauber, there is no way that they will be fighting for wins and poles in 2019. Absolutely no sense for Kimi to lower his stocks in a mid field team. Why do you think he has been driving for Ferrari all these years even when he knows he is no2?
Same reason why Rubens stuck around, same reason Weber stuck around.

It is always better to be in a top team and pick up the odd win and poles or perish like Alonso

Sierra117

Or, Porsche or some manufacturer decides to come into 2020, Kimi with part ownership manages to get a Sauber-Porsche thing going and suddenly Sauber becomes a beast. Ya never knowww!
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

Big Tea

siskue2005 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 07:12
Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 23:42
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 21:44

i dont think it is a good move to drive for midfield team..... stop racing when you are doing good, no need to go to sauber and be mediocre before you retire..... and i think Kimi knows this
If Ferrari really do intend to back Sauber heavily, I think it is a good idea. They would move up quite a bit with full Ferrari backing and a top driver. However, I am not sure about a driver having any management position in a team as it has not worked the last couple of times.
Even if they back sauber, there is no way that they will be fighting for wins and poles in 2019. Absolutely no sense for Kimi to lower his stocks in a mid field team. Why do you think he has been driving for Ferrari all these years even when he knows he is no2?
Same reason why Rubens stuck around, same reason Weber stuck around.

It is always better to be in a top team and pick up the odd win and poles or perish like Alonso
Unlike most other drivers, I don't think Kimi gives a rats for how he is perceived, he does what he wants.
He likes driving, so why stop? No I am not a 'iceman' fan who thinks he can do no wrong, in fact not a particular fan of his at all, but he does not care :D
I see him as one of those who does what he wants, not what he thinks he should be seen to be doing. If he gives up in F1, the odds are he will go to rally or snowmobile racing, so he just as well get paid and make a second career out of the team.
As sierra says, he may know more than we do what the future holds for Sauber.

(edited to add a cheesy smug grin :lol: )
Last edited by Big Tea on 11 Sep 2018, 10:40, edited 1 time in total.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

DVB

Confirmed... Kimi is out for 2019 at Ferrari

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/kimi-rai ... nd-of-2018
Last edited by DVB on 11 Sep 2018, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

lio007

Big Tea

Any significance in "step down from his current role." ?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

seventhsin

Edit. Everyone got in before me.

Kimi also announced on his Instagram page that he'll be joining Sauber for 2 years.

Second edit.

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/kimi- ... rom-2019-2

FrukostScones

Pffff.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

flexcon

No way. Of all scenarios did not see that coming.

I guess this does highly suggest that Sauber are on the way up working very close to Ferrari

lio007

seventhsin wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:30
Edit. Everyone got in before me.

Kimi also announced on his Instagram page that he'll be joining Sauber for 2 years.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 0d1cad.jpg

Second edit.

https://www.sauberf1team.com/news/kimi- ... rom-2019-2
Wow...that comes a bit by surprise.

NathanOlder

RonDennis wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 22:49
NathanOlder wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 13:36
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2559 ... r-in-2019/

Raikkonen to drive and take part ownership at Sauber for 2019
People these days really believe everything that is written on the internet. If you're fighting for poles and wins, why would you switch to Sauber. It makes no sense at all. He should retire if he can't continue at Ferrari. I highly doubt Kimi will be staying in the paddock after his career.
How wrong were you Mr Dennis. =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:08
I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
And that is his fault? Nobody is blocking anyone. When a team decides, that he should drive for them, that is for sure their decision. Sauber surely has it's reason. And I don't think that his seat would be taken by a non paying young driver.

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:08

He becomes a no. 1 driver at least. At last the team will listen to him. :D