2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

WaikeCU wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:13
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:08
I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
He becomes a no. 1 driver at least. At last the team will listen to him. :D
Or try, when he says something :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

WaikeCU

Big Tea wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:14
WaikeCU wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
He becomes a no. 1 driver at least. At last the team will listen to him. :D
Or try, when he says something :D
Bwoah... :lol:

Kimi to be faster than both Haas cars next season, while the Haas has better performance than the Sauber? It will be interesting to watch.

NathanOlder

I thought it was more of a Mmwoah than a Bwoah :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

RonDennis

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:03
RonDennis wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 22:49
NathanOlder wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 13:36
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2559 ... r-in-2019/

Raikkonen to drive and take part ownership at Sauber for 2019
People these days really believe everything that is written on the internet. If you're fighting for poles and wins, why would you switch to Sauber. It makes no sense at all. He should retire if he can't continue at Ferrari. I highly doubt Kimi will be staying in the paddock after his career.
How wrong were you Mr Dennis. =D>
Yeah, it's stupid in my opinion, but I guess he still loves driving these car. In the midfield we'll probably hear him complaining a lot more about others, which is good news for us viewers. :D

NathanOlder

So IF the championship is wrapped up before the season finishes. Whether its Hamilton or Vettel,

Will Ferrari put everything behind getting Kimi a race win before he goes ??
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Phil

Why should they and how would they?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dren

I'd rather see Kimi sneak a race win with a competitive Sauber than win again in a Ferrari.
Honda!

iotar__

dren wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 12:24
I'd rather see Kimi sneak a race win with a competitive Sauber than win again in a Ferrari.
He couldn't win from pole, 1-2 and the best car but Sauber, yeah sure :wtf: . Don't give me stratagy excuse, faded in the first stint and was slow before tyres became a factor.

- Ferrari are still strongly commited to not winning anything in F1. Good for Mercedes.

- Except for being quicker than Ericsson for half a season Leclerc did absolutely nothing to show he deserves a top seat.

- Top full races, seasons, team mates, overtakes, qualifying laps, putting a car where it doesn't belong? Let's examine the last five, ten races... Who cares. Red Bull's disease of drivers program over quality is spreading to other teams.

- At least it's not Raikkonen, except for Sauber. As unremarkable as they were, it would be better to see Ocon or even Vandoorne there, unless it would block someone better. Keeping KR is F1's version of midfield football team hiring Beckham in 2019.

Justthatek

iotar__ wrote:
dren wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 12:24
He couldn't win from pole, 1-2 and the best car but Sauber, yeah sure :wtf: . Don't give me stratagy excuse, faded in the first stint and was slow before tyres became a factor.

- Ferrari are still strongly commited to not winning anything in F1. Good for Mercedes.

- Except for being quicker than Ericsson for half a season Leclerc did absolutely nothing to show he deserves a top seat.

- Top full races, seasons, team mates, overtakes, qualifying laps, putting a car where it doesn't belong? Let's examine the last five, ten races... Who cares. Red Bull's disease of drivers program over quality is spreading to other teams.

- At least it's not Raikkonen, except for Sauber. As unremarkable as they were, it would be better to see Ocon or even Vandoorne there, unless it would block someone better. Keeping KR is F1's version of midfield football team hiring Beckham in 2019.
Couldn't of said that any better.

marvin78

Ferrari will have more data than a few people from an F1 forum. So, I go with Ferrari and say that they would know better.

Raleigh

Picking a big name driver like Kimi gives Alfa Romeo and Sauber some credibility beyond just being a Ferrari junior team.

Can see Kimi doing a bit of brand ambassador work for Alfa, maybe a special edition Giulia Quadrifoglio or something along those lines.

For Kimi himself, is still driving very well, Sauber has made a lot of progress and next years car is where the real Ferrari tie-up starts. If you look at what Haas have done I think Sauber can do better still, good chance of them being in the fight for 4th/5th.

NathanOlder

marvin78 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

And that is his fault? Nobody is blocking anyone. When a team decides, that he should drive for them, that is for sure their decision. Sauber surely has it's reason. And I don't think that his seat would be taken by a non paying young driver.
Martin Brundle agrees with my opinion of blocking young talent.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/brundle-r ... ng-talent/
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

Phil wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:58
Why should they and how would they?
8 years service, last Ferrari Champion.

and how..... Team Radio "Seb , Let kimi through, we still finish P1 and P2 , but we want Kimi to win this one"
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

TAG

I think the too soon thing is bull sh!t, don't know why Red Bull can bring it talent, hell Hamilton was brought in by McLaren younger... why is it that its Ferrari that's taking a risk. ( Mod comment.....Inappropriate comment removed)
I think they made the right decision. Who knows, maybe Kimi even got a bump in his salary.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत