2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

So I don't know how long Ferrari have been doing this with the numbers on the engine cover, but the cheeky shape of the outline is clearly the lower half of a Marlboro box/pack.

dans79

VFC_Cipher wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 21:45
So I don't know how long Ferrari have been doing this with the numbers on the engine cover, but the cheeky shape of the outline is clearly the lower half of a Marlboro box/pack.
LOL you are right, I've never really noticed that before!
197 104 103 7

Big Tea

When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Nooooo, that new WinnoW decals are a monstrosity. Just add Some random stickers. Absolutely hate it.

Jolle
Jolle

well... yeah... that's..... "different"

I'm very interested in the markering teams explanation about this, Mission Win Now (what I guess they meant). Hidden message for the team?

seventhsin

I'm thick. When I first saw the livery I read winnow as in Minnow.
Tuned into FP1 and heard Mission Win Now... :facepalm:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cooken
cooken

You're not thick:
motorsport.com wrote: Mission Winnow is named after the practice of winnowing grain, responsible for the expression ‘separating the wheat from the chaff’.
So in that context is a play on words and very clever.

seventhsin

Well in that case my brain must have done it on purpose.
It makes sense given Kimis 'Haiku' book is titled 'Winnow Your Words'.

The book is quintessential Kimi BTW Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jolle
Jolle

In my mind I keep reading that wounds like "mission wino"

"how to go from a wino to win now" maybe... anyway, not the best marketing stunt ever...

Tzk
Tzk

2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

VFC_Cipher wrote:So I don't know how long Ferrari have been doing this with the numbers on the engine cover, but the cheeky shape of the outline is clearly the lower half of a Marlboro box/pack.
Iirc they introduced this last year. When i noticed this, it made me smile I‘d love to see the ferrari with the classic marlboro logo again. Good old times.

The new logo is smart. It‘s an arrow, a hidden marlboro logo and even tells ferrari to „win now“. I like the message, but the placement on the car is ugly.

timbo
timbo

Once again a questionable decision in Q3. It just looks like the team's spirit is missing since Marchione died.

JesperA
JesperA

Don't know about the team spirit but Ferrari have regularly made very questionable strategy decisions for years now, today was a big mistake, who on earth made a call that they should be going out on inters, nothing pointed to that, no other team did it and they must have spotters in various positions around the track so who feed them the information that the track is or would be ready for inters.

They seem to force themselves to take a risk against Mercedes, trying to do something different to jump ahead but it seldom pays out so i would guess its time to take a more long game approach to strategy, better to pick up stable points with a non risky strategy than throw it all away when taking huge risks and then score big on the tracks that they are faster. These risky strategies lower their average score by quite a bit.

max_speed
max_speed

now i think we all Ferrari Fans can appreciate "Alonso's stint with Reds " bit more. with this year car he would have done what "lewis" has done in mercedes. i always felt that "vettel" is not at the level of Alonso, Ricciardo and Hamilton. this hurts me most. this year it should have been "red". Ferrari statregy Dept has always been poor but this "car" still deserves to win championship. Drivers are their biggest problem now. both are pretty mediocre from Ferrari standard.

marvin78
marvin78

From what do you get that?

wickedz50
wickedz50

Can Seb take a couple of year break from F1 and Ferrari can hire Fernando based on the current performance?