2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: 2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

Heartbreaking seeing them reduced to this.

Really hope they come out fighting when they do get out there.

F1T
Administrative bot

Williams face further delays with FW42

Williams face further delays with FW42

Williams have revealed in a statement today that it now looks unlikely that the team will be in a position to perform testing on Tuesday, along with the other teams at Circuit de Catalunya.

Tzk
Tzk

They can't be serious, can they? How can a team fail to deliver a driveble car like this?!

munudeges

If one was being cynical, one might say that they cannot afford to run.............

If that is not the case, which seems unlikely, Paddy Lowe needs to be fired.

TwanV

I doubt it, from what I've read they've missed all their design milestones. Apparently not everyone is happy with technical management because of it. Let's hope it will be quick and worth the lost time.

munudeges

ScottB wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 19:17
I’m not sure you can blame Claire Williams for a bad Williams car any more than you could do the same for Zak Brown at Mclaren.
As convenient as it might be for some to blame Claire for everything, sadly, the rot set in at this farcical tin-pot outfit long, long before she got there under her father. What you can accuse her of is continuing business as usual.

I think only Adrian Newey could turn this team around technically and pull something out of the fire. Claire should have read his book. Paddy Lowe is nothing more than a mullah.

FW17

When Adam Parr was made to leave, it was sad.

What was worse was he was not replaced, rather there share holders jumped into that position

Lasse-E

Why are they not running their 2018 car ? Seem to remember that some teams have done that in the passed, has that been banned recently ?
Surely their drivers and to some extent the engineering team would benefit for any running they could do + some, somewhat useful tire data ?

marmer

Lasse-E wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 19:45
Why are they not running their 2018 car ? Seem to remember that some teams have done that in the passed, has that been banned recently ?
Surely their drivers and to some extent the engineering team would benefit for any running they could do + some, somewhat useful tire data ?
It seems racing point are running a very basic car all the go faster parts will come later
So no reason why Williams couldn't have sent something out there running a day or two of last year's car would at least give them a benchmark for when the new car is ready.

Mattchu

There is really only one word that sums up this situation..."pathetic"...Fair enough parts have a long turn around/lead time but this is Williams we`re talking about!
I`m sceptical we`ll see them on Thursday and maybe this is about saving money. The new sponsors they have I doubt are bringing in anywhere near what Martini payed.

I hope they can get back on track [so to speak], they just look the most disjointed team on the grid at the moment.

Manoah2u

my earlier post was removed because people found it too harsh.

well, i won't use the same words this time but it's clear as day what mess this is.
i repeat, how long and how deep must this ship sink before they finally realise the gigantic disease this team has is that it is still having claire at the helm.

funny how now even paddy lowe's position is in danger. I knew from the get-go that it was an unwise choice to go there.
williams mentality is the big problem, and no matter whom you get aboard or how many dollars you smack against it, it wont change with that mentality.

and now ,with money problems, it shows just how sad and pathetic it really is.

obviously, soon, the blame game is going to start again from claire towards everybody but herself. mclaren is to blame for supposedly stealing sponsors,
sirotkin is to blame for no performance, stroll for leaving, martini for leaving, etc etc and next, they're gonna blame kubica.

williams one and only solution for preventing going under is kicking claire out and sending her on a rocket to the moon.
keep paddy. install somebody capable at the helm. reboot and see how fast you can climb up again.

i also repeat; im starting to seriously believe williams won't survive 2019 season but it might mean even the start of it alltogether.

btw, additionally, the blame game has already begun in a sore, low blow way by claiming paddy lowe is the reason williams is in shambles because supposedly zero deadlines have been made and they're claiming that's paddy's fault. :lol: :lol: you know what, i honestly hope paddy says you know what, see ya, and heads off to Mclaren, Ferrari or Renault.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 18 Feb 2019, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

Thunder wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 14:09
AMuS reports in their Live Ticker the Car will not be ready before Wednesday. Apparently some Parts are not rady yet.
yeah, some parts meaning the entire car is non-existant the way it's starting to look.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

munudeges

Paddy Lowe is a mullah from McLaren who has ridden on the coat-tails of other people's success, and he has now got found out. A day late is what you might accept, but it has become increasingly clear that things are an awful lot more serious than that. This is Paddy Lowe's car, pure and simple. The aerodynamic farce of last year's car was already bad enough.

The rot set in long before Claire, but her soundbites are increasingly wearing thin. Paddy Lowe is a charlatan, but, Williams are just so poor at evaluating and being able to bring in the right people. This is his car, and as such, he cannot survive. Unless this is all an elaborate show put on because the team is in such financial trouble that they can't afford to go testing, but, those problems would run even deeper.

ScrewCaptain27

2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

A rather scathing post from Reddit:
Claire needs to go.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

munudeges

Jesus. Whenever I hear the acronym 'HR', I cringe. What the hell have they got to do with anything? If you want to improve an organisation fire your HR department.