2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
holeindalip
holeindalip

Re: 2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 02:55
Jesus. Whenever I hear the acronym 'HR', I cringe. What the hell have they got to do with anything? If you want to improve an organisation fire your HR department.
Yup, hr is for the entity they work for to get resources out of the humans, wether it be by shuffling people around in departments or locations

marmer
marmer

Some hr departments deal with staff issues so if people have issues with others they can be a good way to resolve

If the HR is not working properly that might explain some of the struggles

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 02:55
Jesus. Whenever I hear the acronym 'HR', I cringe. What the hell have they got to do with anything? If you want to improve an organisation fire your HR department.
you have no idea what you're talking about. I've been at serveral big organisations without HR, and i've been in with HR, and those with HR have vastly better ways they treat, care and handle staff. They make sure that when something happens, it gets handled in the best interest of both parties, the employee and the company. without HR, only thing that happens is in interest of the company.

again, you have not a single idea what you're talking about.

as for the mentioning of HR @ Williams, that just shows what happens if you got a HR that doesn't work well or work right. essentially, then there is HR so you're left at the whims of the company.
Last edited by Manoah2u on 19 Feb 2019, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 01:19
A rather scathing post from Reddit:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... b3dfb9.jpg
Claire needs to go.
finally more people who start to understand.
like i said for a long long time.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mattchu

What is a "mullah", iv`e not heard that expression and a search reveals it to be a religious thing.

Back to Williams. I watched a documentory on Frank at the weekend and Claire featured quite a lot, she didn`t come accross as being very personable, infact quite the opposite, a sort of "I`m the great Frank Williams` daughter don`t you know."
They did a section with one brother who works in the historical section at Grove [they barely speak], it wasn`t good!

I also can`t understand people saying it`s Paddy Lowes fault. Sure he`s had a big hand in it as TD but these cars are designed and built by huge numbers of people. If the resources aren`t there then it becomes very difficult, Formula 1 has moved on, it would seem Williams haven`t.

The future looks grim which is a real shame!

Just to correct you on one point Manoah2u, pretty sure Paddy is a shareholder at Williams with a seat on the board.
Last edited by Mattchu on 19 Feb 2019, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.

TwanV
TwanV

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:25
Manoah2u wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 12:00
again, more insight on how clueless you are.
paddy lowe a charlatan and a mullah ? #-o #-o #-o :lol: :lol:
I suggest reading Adrian Newey's book, as Claire should have done before they re recruited him. That is exactly what he is. It's ironic that for all your diatribe and big mouth you're as clueless as that team is. Paddy Lowe is simply not a Technical Director in any shape or form, but Williams have been deluded into thinking he is.
good luck winning arguments with that attitude. I'm pretty sure CW is still in charge of the team, any responsibility lies with the board. Obviously they have trouble now but it's still a team, not PL alone. You seem like a tabloid guy that believes in heresay, to me the Williams team has been in decline for years. Then they probably made it worse by gambling with the Strolls and they lost. Now they have half an organisation and it shows.

PS. I don't know what mullah means or where it comes from but I'm pretty sure its racist.
Last edited by TwanV on 19 Feb 2019, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

munudeges
munudeges

Mattchu wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:23
What is a "mullah", iv`e not heard that expression and a search reveals it to be a religious thing.
It's how Adrian Newey described the people brought into the matrix structure in McLaren in order to try and outflank him politically, put them in a position where they supposedly wouldn't need a Technical Director and ride on the coat-tails of his talent and success. Pat Fry was another such mullah. It's no coincidence he has been found out, never to be seen or heard from again.
Last edited by munudeges on 19 Feb 2019, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:33
Mattchu wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:23
It's how Adrian Newey described the people brought into the matrix structure in McLaren in order to try and outflank him politically, put them in a position where they supposedly wouldn't need a Techniical Director and ride on the coat-tails of his talent and success. Pat Fry was another such mullah. It's no coincidence he has been found out, never to be seen or heard from again.
Pat Fry is at McLaren

TwanV
TwanV

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:38
TwanV wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:31
good luck winning arguments with that attitude. I'm pretty sure CW is still in charge of the team, any responsibility lies with the board. Obviously they have trouble now but it's still a team, not PL alone.
I don't need 'luck'. It's the fault of everyone within that team, from the board, to the Team Principal (Frank Williams the most) to the guy they were wrong to think was a Technical Director when he had no such background in that position. The bizarre aerodynamic problem they had last year and their non-response to that crisis should have made everyone suspicious. In those circumstances it is up to the TD to pull something out of the fire.
PS. I don't know what mullah means or where it comes from but I'm pretty sure its racist.
That's because you don't know anything, like most people around here. Try reading Adrian Newey's book.
I suggest you move on to some other place then, where everybody reads Adrian Newey's book.

munudeges
munudeges

Dipesh1995 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:36
Pat Fry is at McLaren
Never to be seen or heard from again, and never considered for the TD role that McLaren have obviously and so desperately needed. Fortunately, they appear to be in the process of recruiting someone with an actual track record there and they have an aerodynamacist in Peter Promodrou worth his salt.

It's amazing how so many people can watch the utter disasters that are McLaren and Williams and keep making excuses for the same people.

munudeges
munudeges

TwanV wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:39
I suggest you move on to some other place then, where everybody reads Adrian Newey's book.
Where motorsport enthusiasts and people with an actual clue hang out? 'Pretty sure it's racist......' :lol:
Last edited by munudeges on 19 Feb 2019, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

Mattchu

Seriously? So the fact he was instrumental in Mercedes [as Executive Director (Technical)] becoming the dominant force in the hybrid era means nothing! That Merc poached him from McLaren, who poached him from Williams...

The money just isn`t there, you need deep pockets to get anywhere in F1 these days, Williams don`t have them, hence why they need pay drivers.

TwanV
TwanV

munudeges wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:43
TwanV wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 14:39
Where motorsport enthusiasts and people with a an actual clue hang out? 'Pretty sure it's racist......' :lol:
Well then give us a definition and stop turning circles about Adrian Newey.
Take a deep breath first, all im reading is blame blabla blame blabla blame.

nevill3

So the other rumour I heard that WIlliams have found a wonderful loophole and do not want anybody else copying it yet so are delaying their reveal. [-o< :wink:
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Henne

Rumor has it that there are issues with brakes, suspension and floor. Parts still haven't left Grove apparently.