2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kurwex
kurwex

Re: 2019 Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

roy928tt wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:21
Word I'm hearing is that Kubica was fitted with an old broken wing when he needed another wing early in the race, anybody able to confirm this?
That's true. He also was driving without one mirror.
I've heard someting about damaged floor but I think it was just rumor.

vantage87
vantage87

lap times analysis 2019 vs 2018

netoperek
netoperek

kurwex wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:37
roy928tt wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:21
Word I'm hearing is that Kubica was fitted with an old broken wing when he needed another wing early in the race, anybody able to confirm this?
That's true. He also was driving without one mirror.
I've heard someting about damaged floor but I think it was just rumor.
Not a rumor, as Robert admitted he drove a "heavily damaged car". Maybe the floor got damaged when Ric lost his front wing in front of Robert, but most of all he got to drive the "fatiqued" car from Barcelona. He spent a total of 1m 17.229s in pits, and lost about a minute in total from first lap incident, when Gasly hit him while avoiding other contact.
Not exactly a perfect come back conditions :(

PhillipM
PhillipM

His floor got damaged when Kubica's own front wing got knocked off against his team-mate - that's why he pitted on lap one.

Danny Ric had the same issue - his wing wiped out half the bargeboards and flow conditioners when it came off and the car was just nowhere without them.

vantage87
vantage87

this is the main problem in the williams , it looks like something is overheating

vantage87
vantage87

damaged diffuser in Kubica

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Yeah the car was pretty damaged from that hit.

I must say i'm positively surprised by Williams. Not that i think their woes are over or that it's all good now, but i first of all doubted they'd make australia with a car ready, they managed though, and then i wondered whether they'd even make the race distance, which they did with both cars, but not just that, but with atleast one car damaged pretty well. and not just damaged with a fresh wing, but as mentioned above, with a wing and chassis that are exhausted. the pace offcourse is way off, but it's atleast something indeed.

as for the comments on that enormeous cooling opening at the back; no, they don't neccesarily have any cooling issues per se. they can't risk messing around right now and it's playing it first of all safe and second of all, with money being too tight to mention, and probably a tighter bodywork not giving the shocking boost of speed people might expect it to be, it's what it is for melbourne.

either way, in 2 weeks time we'll hopefully see something better, assuming they (williams) are running their process on 150% to try and make up the time they have lost.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dodds_turbo

AMG.Tzan

I believe that Kubica will be out of this team by mid-season...he was 1.7 secs slower in qualy than a rookie (but fast) teammate and i don't see him ever coming to terms with Russell! And guess who is going to get his place! Oh yeah...Esteban Ocon!

But of course there is a problem here...sponsors!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

wogx

@up
Kubica was ~0.9 s faster in the middle of his last lap, but unfortunately he touched the wall
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

garygph
garygph

I think we are going to see a more competitive Kubica next race. He had a few questions for himself which I believe he sorted in that last race. He was not confident at all going into that race but it is done now and I am hoping like hell he will now be on his way to some good drives with what he has.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

garygph wrote:I think we are going to see a more competitive Kubica next race. He had a few questions for himself which I believe he sorted in that last race. He was not confident at all going into that race but it is done now and I am hoping like hell he will now be on his way to some good drives with what he has.
Agreed... I believe it’s unfair to write a driver off after one race... The gap between him and Russell in qualifying was due to the wall hit and the gap in the race was due to the damage on lap 1... Let’s see what he can do in the next few races before judging him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

munudeges
munudeges

garygph wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 14:22
I think we are going to see a more competitive Kubica next race.
Well, I hope so. I have my doubts about the arm but I hope I get proved wrong because I really liked him as a driver when he was last in Formula 1 and I think he was certainly on his way to a championship.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

He did all sessions, including qualifying, was able to control a car that had a tire puncture during qually after hitting the wall without losing control completely, he finished an entire race distance with a totally wrecked and exhausted car. with a competitive car, kubica will be more than fine.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Francesc
Francesc

vantage87 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 19:16
this is the main problem in the williams , it looks like something is overheating
Same story as last season??
Last year they copied the Mercedes cooling concept but failed miserably and had to run in every race with a huge cooling outlet and even with that it wasn't enough as soon as they followed a car for more than 2 laps or so they had to back off because the car would get too hot. It was said it costed them 8 tenths per lap.

WTH they've been doing...