2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

HPD wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 15:48
I do not want to enter into controversy. But by the middle of the year we can see Kvyat in RB.
RB needs points to fight for the two championships.
I agree completely. I am not a fan of Pierre in the RBR. Kvyat easily holding him behind for half of the race should be very telling. If the driver's were swapped, i fully believe Kvyat would have passed the STR..

Interesting.

McMika98

It seems that Danni had the upgraded front wing while Albon still used the old ones. Dani had good pace on hard tyres. Hopefully they will have the upgrade next race, they need some extra downforce to get in front of midfield. I think Albon will get better of Danni in the long run esp on tracks he knows.

super cool

It just could be that Gasly had sustained some damage or weird PU behavior or something. But nonetheless great comeback for Dani, even after a serious off track session he was able to hold onto that point.

ispano6

super cool wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 17:43
It just could be that Gasly had sustained some damage or weird PU behavior or something. But nonetheless great comeback for Dani, even after a serious off track session he was able to hold onto that point.
Gasly said he had debris lodged in his wing elements so that likely affected overall aerodynamic effect. No weird PU behavior.

Marti_EF3

STR will give a good fight on the midfield. Strong pace, strong PU and the drivers seems much more promising than last year. Kvyat has shown he have speed yet, and Albon doing well too on a new track for him. Really promising :D

Big Tea

Sorry to strike a hollow note after quite a good day, but after watching Gasly in the RBR, it makes me wonder just how poor Hartley was last year.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Not that Poor. This weekend Gasly was also very unlucky. After last years result he will be confident in Bahrein next race. That will be a good next benchmark.

McMika98

Gasly always comes up with an excuse but now he cant get away with it on the big league. Hamilton had an issue as well. As for Hartley, he could never command the respect from the team such was his pace. Albon on the other hand has been thrown at the deep end and is floating comfortably even with few hiccups. I think he will excel in tracks he is familar with.

Sieper

I agree Albon is very good. Kvyat is quick as well but he never seems to be totally focused, always seems a bit “absent” for a lack of a better way to describe it in English (within my vocabulary).

ispano6

Kvyat showed great composure and his little off during the nose dive was brave but a bit miscalculated. The STR14 needs more work but a younger Kvyat might have ended up in a wall or the back of another car so good on him to bring it home for a point. He would have qualified higher had he been able to repeat his earlier faster Q1 time too.

Godius

McMika98 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 15:57
It seems that Danni had the upgraded front wing while Albon still used the old ones. Dani had good pace on hard tyres. Hopefully they will have the upgrade next race, they need some extra downforce to get in front of midfield. I think Albon will get better of Danni in the long run esp on tracks he knows.
Albon also had the upgraded front wing available but he destroyed it in the first or second practice session. STR probably only brought 2 updated FW’s because Albon did indeed drove the rest of the race weekend with the pre-season front wing spec.

dren

It was a good drive by Kyvat to bring home the last point paying position and to keep Gasly at bay. I hope the STR is in the points more often than not. It looks like they made a good step forward compared to last year.
Honda!

dren

Zynerji wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 15:55
HPD wrote:
I do not want to enter into controversy. But by the middle of the year we can see Kvyat in RB.
RB needs points to fight for the two championships.
I agree completely. I am not a fan of Pierre in the RBR. Kvyat easily holding him behind for half of the race should be very telling. If the driver's were swapped, i fully believe Kvyat would have passed the STR..

Interesting.
Let's see how he does in qualifying in the next few races. He would have easily made it to Q3 if they put him out for a second run when the track was rapidly improving. That was a team mistake. Gasly didn't look to force a pass on a sister car, which should be expected after he crashed twice in testing. The STR looked to have a lower down force set-up, which made passing harder I'd assume.
Honda!

Wouter

dren wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 15:49
It was a good drive by Kyvat to bring home the last point paying position and to keep Gasly at bay. I hope the STR is in the points more often than not. It looks like they made a good step forward compared to last year.
And when you consider that Gasly ended in 4th place last year in Bahrein, then Kvyat must certainly score a good place with a greatly improved engine.
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

HPD wrote:
TR ran with less aerodynamic load than RB (Horner said). That's why they were so fast on the straights
This was quite obvious on the onboard footage. Kvyat visibly kept driving away from gasly on the straights when they both had relatively same distance to the traffic in front.