2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2019 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Preview Austin from Honda and the drivers. https://en.hondaracingf1.com/races/2019 ... -prix.html

TOYOHARU TANABE
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, HONDA RACING F1

Having packed up in a very heavy storm in Mexico City on Sunday night, we have now made the short trip from Mexico to Texas, for the United States Grand Prix at the Circuit Of The Americas. The current weather in Austin is cold – around 8 degrees, due to be colder on Thursday – but the forecast is for brighter warmer conditions for the rest of the weekend. COTA is an interesting track that presents very different challenges to the one in Mexico. It features elevation changes, particularly the impressive and very steep climb to the first corner, which therefore allows for very late braking. The layout is meant to replicate famous corners from other tracks and the first sector is similar to the esses at Suzuka, with a fast middle part and a slower final sector. From a PU point of view, it is quite straightforward with none of the special challenges of Mexico, therefore we will optimise PU settings, based on past data from this track as well as the information we have acquired this year. On a personal note, coming to the USA feels as little bit like coming home, as I spent so much time here working on Honda’s Indy project. Several members of Honda Performance Development (HPD) will be in Austin this weekend to discuss a technology exchange between Sakura, Milton Keynes and HPD. And of course, it will also be nice to catch up with them again! It will be a milestone race for Honda as this will be our 100th Grand Prix since we joined the hybrid F1 era in 2015. We hope to have a good race, reflecting the efforts of all our team members over the past few years.
The Power of Dreams!

bjpower

considering how close TR are to Renault and Racing Point I find it surprising that red bull do not appear to be sharing more tech with them. from what I understand they are using the 2018 RB suspension etc. an extra few million from the prize money would always be welcome.

I appreciate you cannot just bolt on suspension etc. but I assume it would be low cost/effort vs known reward.

marmer

bjpower wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 13:38
considering how close TR are to Renault and Racing Point I find it surprising that red bull do not appear to be sharing more tech with them. from what I understand they are using the 2018 RB suspension etc. an extra few million from the prize money would always be welcome.

I appreciate you cannot just bolt on suspension etc. but I assume it would be low cost/effort vs known reward.
Perhaps they want the designers to think for themselves to help them progress instead of just copying the big brother team. Newey won't be around forever

loner

Kvyat on Perez
para bellum.

nzjrs

I can't speak to the yellow flag part, but I thought this was very very hard but kind of OK.

loner

nzjrs wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 16:03
I can't speak to the yellow flag part, but I thought this was very very hard but kind of OK.
they should promote him if only to be the Mercs and Ferrari boogy man h'll give a big headache to LH and SV :lol:
beside i do think who would be more aid for Max than Gas and Albon.
para bellum.

sn809

marmer wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 09:53
bjpower wrote:
31 Oct 2019, 13:38

Perhaps they want the designers to think for themselves to help them progress instead of just copying the big brother team. Newey won't be around forever
Nopes, that was why James Key left, he wanted to take the car in a different direction but Newey wanted the cars similar so "they could test a few ideas on the Torro Rosso" as that is what it is there for :)

loner

any pulse DR?!!
para bellum.

Hino

Congrats to Gasly! P2! Two podiums for the year.

etusch

I think Max can give more space to other 2 and maybe we can see 3 redbul car on podium but what happened is happened. Congratulations to Gasly and Toro Rosso. More happy than win for this p2

nzjrs

Fantastic result. I'm as happy as Austria! The are quite a few points ahead of RP and only 6 behind Renault!

shingles

etusch wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 20:54
I think Max can give more space to other 2 and maybe we can see 3 redbul car on podium but what happened is happened. Congratulations to Gasly and Toro Rosso. More happy than win for this p2
Sorry, how is this Max's issue exactly? Albon left too much room, Hamilton dove down, made contact....

IvailoStefanovBG

etusch wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 20:54
Yes. I agree but i am sure nobody expeted RB and TR to be all in top three in SC restart. If this trend stay for next year they have to practice SC restarts more 😁.

Big Tea

I'm so happy for Gasly. He deserves it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Great drive from Pierre and Max ! =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/

The Power of Dreams!