2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

carisi2k wrote:
14 Jun 2019, 10:53
NathanOlder wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 01:28
As for Canada and Gaslys supposed problems. Renault finished 21 (i think) seconds behind Max. And Max had no problems and was on the greater strategy with the hard tyres at the start.
Over 70 laps, I'd say thats pretty damn impressive from Renault
I aqgree and I believe Renault bought Daniel in way too early in reacting to Gasly. If Daniel had pitted later and didn't have to deal with traffic then maybe he finishes ahead of Max or much closer to Max at the very least.
Verstappen was seconds per lap faster than renaults after his stop, on a very short lap no less. There was just no way ricciardo was gonna hold him off in any scenario.

Probably the only way renault finishes ahead of Ver is if verstappen actually made it to q3 on the soft tire and somehow ends up behind renaults after lap 1, on the same strategy and then keep him behind for the whole race - easier said than done. That said, I've watched verstappen's onboard from the race and he was asking the pitwall for more power because everyone was pulling away from him on the straights (especially evident with norris early on in the race).

carisi2k

yes I saw that but the Renault powered cars were also losing a lot of time in braking and cornering to max and also carlos had the DRS in that exchange I believe. The Red Bull clearly had more downforce and when he had the DRS he was able to move pass without issue.

PowerandtheGlory

It seems that one of the main issues is that there is often a 'mist' around a car's 'true pace.

and between Practice/ Quali / Race . this gets even harder to judge.

Renault had a quick car in Quali, LeClerc and Ricciardo split by only a Tenth and a half.. 3rd and 4th... Renault were that close to out-qualifying a fully Mode'd up ferrari (granted i think Leclrec's laps wasn't clean.)

They ran a decent pace in the race but they didn't turn everything up to 11'..... fully understanding that there is NO way they could catch the cars ahead, their plan was to sit and hold their position and try to get as much points as possible.

Redbull in the hands of Max only- had a quick race car aided by the optimal strategy- but a non optimum starting grid slot.

The Renault chassis is clearly not as strong as the RB, but that being said- they showed a lot better here than in other races this year.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Ground Effect

It’s been a long time since I saw or heard any team being so upbeat and confident in upgrades. A lot of loud noises coming from the Renault camp, almost deafening, in fact almost Helmut Marko level noises... :D This should be interesting to see. But what makes me excited the most is seeing Ricciardo so pumped up. Irrespective of all the stories coming out of various outlets, running from Max, running to money etc, he’s a very likeable guy and a fantastic race car driver. I really want to see his move pay off.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PhillipM

I think Ricciardo's just happy that they seem to have fixed the brake problems already, they were really hurting him.

djos

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Jun 2019, 15:57
It’s been a long time since I saw or heard any team being so upbeat and confident in upgrades. A lot of loud noises coming from the Renault camp, almost deafening, in fact almost Helmut Marko level noises... :D This should be interesting to see. But what makes me excited the most is seeing Ricciardo so pumped up. Irrespective of all the stories coming out of various outlets, running from Max, running to money etc, he’s a very likeable guy and a fantastic race car driver. I really want to see his move pay off.
I think grabbing Ricciardo has added some real energy to the team. When you have someone who brings that kind of positive energy to a team, it can make a huge difference to morale and I think that is beginning to show.
"In downforce we trust"

Ground Effect

Motorsport.com doing their best to downplay the potential of the Renault updates. But if it was Red Bull saying they were bringing a big update....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4476877/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

roon

Develop car or motorhome? A question that has dogged Enstone for seasons.

PhillipM

Formula one is an advertising exercise disguised as racing, PR and hospitality are as much of it if not more than the race side....

roon

Yes, teams dupe gullible corporate executives into thinking that having a sticker on a racecar will expand their business appreciably. Sometimes you have friends within these corporations, and they help you dupe the others. Sometimes the boards are simply not concerned about their companies and blow money on all sorts of randomness including trying to associate with a popular motorsports scene. So I shouldn't be too hard on them. Those motorhomes play a pivotal role.

bill shoe

roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 17:56
For several seasons towards the end of the GenII era, they could do neither. Now they can do both!

Ground Effect

bill shoe wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 01:50
roon wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 17:56
For several seasons towards the end of the GenII era, they could do neither. Now they can do both!
And still developing engines... :) :lol:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... e/4478521/

JordanMugen

Cyril Abiteboul says:
We've seen that we are just as quick if not quicker than McLaren when not held back, but obviously McLaren was so much faster in qualifying, and that's what matters the most in current F1.

Having said that we are not miles away, and we were much faster than them in Montreal. What I expect is to see an interesting battle with McLaren for the remainder of the season. They are ahead, only the points matter, only the Sunday result matters. We put ourselves (behind) after qualifying, looking at the qualifying, but looking at the race, it's much more on par.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... l/4482666/

Wow! As fast as McLaren! ;) That wasn't exactly Renault's original 2019 goal was it!?

To be fair, the potential of the upgrade package has not yet been unlocked. =D> However the notion of challenging Red Bull and Ferrari seems far away. :(

SmallSoldier

Pretty cool video about their new F1 facility

https://youtu.be/17b9Y6atGJY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk