2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 13:11
ricciardo chasing sainz last few laps
https://streamable.com/snzak
https://streamable.com/snzak
I never thought I would say this, but I like the sound of this engines now, especially on acceleration
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Espresso

Wynters wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 14:19
Jambier wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 09:05
Grosjean is probably racing his last races indeed.

And HUL... I don't know where he will be next year.

On French TV, OCO was commentating the race, they were laughing with the TV presenter about " The pretty yellow car" and " You like the losange don't you?"

There a strong possibility to see OCO in the Renault next year.
Especially when after the race Abiteboul is not very happy with HUL, saying he's got a "mental issue"
After Abiteboul renegaded on his agreement with Ocon and left him without a drive this season? I'd be amazed if Ocon put his career in Abiteboul's hands again.

Perhaps Hulk would perform better if they actually let him pit? Still, I suppose Abiteboul has to find other people to blame for Renault's current appalling performance. How a works team regularly loses to a customer is mind boggling. And as for Renault's engine development, being outperformed by Honda is...sub-optimal.
Well Abiteboul is clearly in debt with Ocon. So who knows.
And from last race...it looks like the last episode of Game of Abiteboul is on.
Somehow they're starting to side-line Hulkenberg with a mediocre final chapter...

Other then that Abiteboul finally seems to be waking up and admitting both engine and chassis were not up to standards. Hope he doesn't start daydreaming....

The engine is finally getting there. He just needs to admit that they're behind Honda at the moment and need to step up their game.

The chassis....well same like McLaren...it takes a heavy blow in the stomach to find out/admit its just a bad chassis.

Hopefully they find the way up, like the insurgent McLaren.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Jambier

Espresso wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 11:32
Wynters wrote:
Jambier wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 09:05
Grosjean is probably racing his last races indeed.

And HUL... I don't know where he will be next year.

On French TV, OCO was commentating the race, they were laughing with the TV presenter about " The pretty yellow car" and " You like the losange don't you?"

There a strong possibility to see OCO in the Renault next year.
Especially when after the race Abiteboul is not very happy with HUL, saying he's got a "mental issue"
After Abiteboul renegaded on his agreement with Ocon and left him without a drive this season? I'd be amazed if Ocon put his career in Abiteboul's hands again.

Perhaps Hulk would perform better if they actually let him pit? Still, I suppose Abiteboul has to find other people to blame for Renault's current appalling performance. How a works team regularly loses to a customer is mind boggling. And as for Renault's engine development, being outperformed by Honda is...sub-optimal.
Somehow they're starting to side-line Hulkenberg with a mediocre final chapter...

Other then that Abiteboul finally seems to be waking up and admitting both engine and chassis were not up to standards. Hope he doesn't start daydreaming....

The engine is finally getting there. He just needs to admit that they're behind Honda at the moment and need to step up their game.

The chassis....well same like McLaren...it takes a heavy blow in the stomach to find out/admit its just a bad chassis.

Engine is not behind Honda. Actually this is the only positive point so far for 2019 regarding Renault.

Now Abiteboul is telling that chassis is very good in low speed, very good in straight line, but that they have a fundamental issue at medium speed corners.

As usual, he is telling that like it is a success, a very good car with just a litte issue :lol:

Neno

Jambier wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 09:54

As usual, he is telling that like it is a success, a very good car with just a litte issue :lol:
It's not a little issue. It's huge issue. You would rather have car which is balanced in all corners but lacks downforce overall to put fast laps, rather than be fast in some and slow in others. Which means you would be going from track to track and not know what to experience, what problems to encounter and where to qualify etc. For example go to Canada and be faster than one Red Bull and then go to Austria and be backmarker of mid.

Car is crap. Chassis is crap. And this problem is not solvable during season. You can only take it into account for next one not to make same mistake. But Renault already did that mistake. Last year car was similar, with similar characteristics and behavior. They thought they solved that problem with complete "new car" this year. But they didnt. Which means they are incompentent to solve it or know where problem really is. Which doesnt bode well for next year car also.

diffuser

Jambier wrote:
Espresso wrote:
Wynters wrote:

Engine is not behind Honda. Actually this is the only positive point so far for 2019 regarding Renault.

Now Abiteboul is telling that chassis is very good in low speed, very good in straight line, but that they have a fundamental issue at medium speed corners.

I don't agree with it being the only positive point. Think Renault's car in general isn't bad, it should be better but they aren't terrible. I think it's part of the learning process. not every team has the benefit of having a Newey.

BTW, who is the Aero hero at Renault ?

diffuser

diffuser wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 16:40
Jambier wrote:
Espresso wrote:

I don't agree with it being the only positive point. Think Renault's car in general isn't bad, it should be better but they aren't terrible. I think it's part of the learning process. not every team has the benefit of having a Newey.

BTW, who is the Aero hero at Renault ?
Pete Machin, RBR aerodynamics team leader, Joined in February 2017. So this is this 2nd full car...

Mansell89

Hulk must feel sick today- a podium could well have fallen his way.

Terrible result for the team.

NAPI10

There is something seriously wrong with Hulk. Even with lods of talent ; he is not able to succeed in F1.
You call it luck or fortune or whatever ; guy just manage to f*** up every opportunity. He should seriously start looking outside F1 for his own sake…

carisi2k

1. I told you so on the R19 being crap.
2. When you are getting however much money Daniel is getting you will never regret your move.
3, Cyril has surely got to be fired very soon because how much more can Renault's image take with him in charge..

gokarter

renault are below honda unfortunately and in race modes honda are match to mercedes. its pretty clear. mclaren selfproclaimed one of the best chassis are showing the true potential of renault.

Jambier

Engine talks are a wrong focus point.
This is not the problem.

I don't think it matters for now to be losing 1-3 tenth on engine side.
99% of the job must be done on chassis!

nokivasara

NAPI10 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 02:46
There is something seriously wrong with Hulk. Even with lods of talent ; he is not able to succeed in F1.
You call it luck or fortune or whatever ; guy just manage to f*** up every opportunity. He should seriously start looking outside F1 for his own sake…
Hulk is a strong upper midfield driver, but not top tier, maybe he got a bit nervous yesterday.

Jaisonas

#-o Christ...

Capharol

when you think it couldn't get worse..... 👀🤦‍♂️🙈

https://twitter.com/f1_ds16/status/1155787645487915009