2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

As a fan, I would like to see this suffer come to an end.
Stop the chassis program please [-o<

Capharol
Capharol

Jambier wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 12:36
start with replacing Abiteboul first

GhostF1
GhostF1

Jambier wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 09:54
Espresso wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 11:32
Wynters wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 14:19
After Abiteboul renegaded on his agreement with Ocon and left him without a drive this season? I'd be amazed if Ocon put his career in Abiteboul's hands again.

Perhaps Hulk would perform better if they actually let him pit? Still, I suppose Abiteboul has to find other people to blame for Renault's current appalling performance. How a works team regularly loses to a customer is mind boggling. And as for Renault's engine development, being outperformed by Honda is...sub-optimal.
Well Abiteboul is clearly in debt with Ocon. So who knows.
And from last race...it looks like the last episode of Game of Abiteboul is on.
Somehow they're starting to side-line Hulkenberg with a mediocre final chapter...

Other then that Abiteboul finally seems to be waking up and admitting both engine and chassis were not up to standards. Hope he doesn't start daydreaming....

The engine is finally getting there. He just needs to admit that they're behind Honda at the moment and need to step up their game.

The chassis....well same like McLaren...it takes a heavy blow in the stomach to find out/admit its just a bad chassis.

Hopefully they find the way up, like the insurgent McLaren.
Engine is not behind Honda. Actually this is the only positive point so far for 2019 regarding Renault.

Now Abiteboul is telling that chassis is very good in low speed, very good in straight line, but that they have a fundamental issue at medium speed corners.

As usual, he is telling that like it is a success, a very good car with just a litte issue :lol:
With reliability like they have and how turned down it needs to be in race trim, they could have 2000hp in quali but still can't be labelled anything except last in the engine pecking order. Germany just cemented that.

The first thing this team needs to do is get rid of Abiteboul. That bloke is a toxin the team needs rid of.

Raleigh
Raleigh

NAPI10 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 02:46
There is something seriously wrong with Hulk. Even with lods of talent ; he is not able to succeed in F1.
You call it luck or fortune or whatever ; guy just manage to f*** up every opportunity. He should seriously start looking outside F1 for his own sake…
And the same goes for Leclerc, Hamilton, Bottas etc who all crashed in the same section of track under the same conditions? Even race winner Verstappen spun and went backwards through a corner during the race.

Espresso
Espresso

Capharol wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 12:32
when you think it couldn't get worse..... 👀🤦‍♂️🙈

https://twitter.com/f1_ds16/status/1155787645487915009
Thanks, here's some additional info:

Renault truck crashes en-route to Hungary
The driver of a Renault transporter truck has escaped without serious injury after crashing on a motorway as he headed for the Hungaroring.

After leaving Hockenheim on Sunday night, the truck was travelling to the scene of the next grand prix in Hungary, but it would crash through motorway safety barriers leaving the tractor unit and half the trailer stranded on a grassy verge.

Renault have confirmed that the driver of the truck was not seriously injured and that no other vehicle was involved in the accident.

“We confirm that a Renault F1 Team truck was involved in an accident on the M1 in Hungary, near Gyor,” the team said in a statement.

“The driver, who was driving within the respected regulations, was extracted from the vehicle. He is conscious and has not suffered serious injury.

“He has been transported to hospital in Hungary for further checks. No other vehicles were involved in the incident.”

The truck has been recovered and what it was carrying has not been revealed.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-t ... o-hungary/

Bonus: Behind-the-scenes Renault factory...where the truck left from....
Last edited by Espresso on 29 Jul 2019, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Jambier

Capharol wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 12:39
Jambier wrote:
It seems that this guy is glued to the team... and I think Renault top management have other topic more urgent than F1

But yes, Abiteboul should have be fired since a long time, Chester as well

Pyrone89

Looking at how that track is angled there could be damage to whatever it is carrying. Which would be bad when you have back to back races.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

JordanMugen

NAPI10 wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 02:46
There is something seriously wrong with Hulk. Even with lods of talent ; he is not able to succeed in F1.
You call it luck or fortune or whatever ; guy just manage to f*** up every opportunity. He should seriously start looking outside F1 for his own sake…
He is Mark Webber 2.0. He will do a good result eventually -- make no mistake of that. :)

Hulk is still a fine driver and great signing for Renault, even if he has the habit to lose potential unexpectedly good results where others (like Perez or even Heidfeld, who bested Webber to a higher step on the podium) can collect them.

Jolle
Jolle

Not to be pessimistic or something but this year could be the first season of Renault without a podium in I think ever...

Edit: in 77 and 78 they also didn’t make the podium.

Enstone
Enstone

Jambier wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 15:03
Capharol wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 12:39
Jambier wrote:
It seems that this guy is glued to the team... and I think Renault top management have other topic more urgent than F1

But yes, Abiteboul should have be fired since a long time, Chester as well
Chester is glued too... i always wondering how they can keep the actual organisation/management, even with the huge lacks of results... and the worst season ever since their comeback !!!

We can be sure of one thing for the next year : abiteboule and chester will still be there, trolling at us ! :|

Jolle
Jolle

Aha, some nice news! Prost in appointed as a non-executive board member of Renault Sport Racing, the owner of the team and factory. His follow up Bollore, who becomes CEO of Renault-Nissan. This probably gives his words and vision a bit more weight than in his role as adviser.

factory_p

Jolle wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 21:29
Aha, some nice news! Prost in appointed as a non-executive board member of Renault Sport Racing, the owner of the team and factory. His follow up Bollore, who becomes CEO of Renault-Nissan. This probably gives his words and vision a bit more weight than in his role as adviser.
Yes and the success of Prost F1 is encouraging... /sarcasm-OFF/

But I agree, this could be a good change although probably not sufficient.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Anything is better than Abiteboul, but indeed, ProstGP was a huge failure.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pyrone89

It is painful for Renault to see their customer teams beat them again and again and by some margin. They are the only manufacturer to whom this happens. First Red Bull now McLaren. Questions will have to be asked about the leadership, with an emphasis on the chassis department. But also the engine department has some explaining to do seeing the DNF’s this year, the last couple of years and stories such as engines arriving at the circuit already broken, used parts and reserve parts from different teams having to be used to stick together a PU, running out of engine parts at the end of the season, not using upgrade C in 2018 because of unreliability fears ((only RB said F it lets put it in) etc (source Max Verstappen in the Ziggo interview after Spa).

The way Abiteboul also handles himself in the media, the false promises he does, the way he badmouths drivers that have a clear reason to be upset by this, and his fights with the largest paying customer at the time (RB) makes me think he is unsuitable for the role of team principle and he is holding Renault back. Now I am not saying to bring back a certain flamboyant former Italian team boss who won the last titles for Renault, but at this point I think promoting from within or hiring externally like McLaren did would be a good choice.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

loner

hopefully the new rule for Prost will make him push for more development and more resources .. its good for the sport and my own excitement to have more strong teams, RIC deserve better car as well.. Renault should be grateful to land such skilled driver and seek his existing benefits.
para bellum.