2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Compared to last year Torro Rosso a budget team with much less money has outperformed and out-developed Renault a works team with much higher budget.
This makes the failing much much worse. So yes Nick Chester had to go.
But how is it that Cyril keeps his job still? He failed on every single promise so far in a very big way.

User avatar
diffuser
193
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Capharol wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:10 am
i have to agree with Mclarensenna here.
but let us not drift away from the topic here

As much as I am an Alonso Fan ... And I followed Alonso closely from when he joined McLaren the first time ....He was a moron to Leave Ferrari, he was a moron to retire and probably will be a moron if he comes back.

Not to mention that he is a moron for alot of the stupid things he says that his career could have done without. No wonder he likes Max!

There is no doubt in my mind, if he comes back he will be just as fast as he's ever been.

User avatar
djos
144
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Mclarensenna wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 pm
Compared to last year Torro Rosso a budget team with much less money has outperformed and out-developed Renault a works team with much higher budget.
This makes the failing much much worse. So yes Nick Chester had to go.
But how is it that Cyril keeps his job still? He failed on every single promise so far in a very big way.
TR don’t need to develop a PU or gearbox, they get them direct from red bull
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:28 pm
Mclarensenna wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 pm
Compared to last year Torro Rosso a budget team with much less money has outperformed and out-developed Renault a works team with much higher budget.
This makes the failing much much worse. So yes Nick Chester had to go.
But how is it that Cyril keeps his job still? He failed on every single promise so far in a very big way.
TR don’t need to develop a PU or gearbox, they get them direct from red bull
That is true. Haas does not either yet they failed in a very big way. Are you disputing the fact Torro Rosso did not do a massively better job than Renault a works team with a much higher budget?
Cyril made so many claims also like closing the gap to the leaders and failed on all his targets.
Renault also got beaten by a customer team Mclaren. A team with 2 inferior drivers.
Hulk easily beat Sainz in the same car and Ric is much better than Hulk in the same car.
So with 2 inferior drivers Mclaren still beat them in points which shows the Renault is much worse than it seems.

User avatar
djos
144
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

GhostF1
GhostF1
201
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
On par!? He's the worst of the lot. Have a look at this nonsense.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/renault- ... eboul.html

I'm sorry... Best engine on the grid??? Mercedes with the worst?
I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.

User avatar
djos
144
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

GhostF1 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 am
djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
On par!? He's the worst of the lot. Have a look at this nonsense.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/renault- ... eboul.html

I'm sorry... Best engine on the grid??? Mercedes with the worst?
I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.
Maclaren = we have the best Chassis, but PU
RedBull = we have the best chassis, but PU

list goes on, they are all full of it.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

GhostF1
GhostF1
201
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:46 am
GhostF1 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 am
djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
On par!? He's the worst of the lot. Have a look at this nonsense.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/renault- ... eboul.html

I'm sorry... Best engine on the grid??? Mercedes with the worst?
I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.
Maclaren = we have the best Chassis, but PU
RedBull = we have the best chassis, but PU

list goes on, they are all full of it.
Agreed, they all have their moments. Although credit to Horner this year saying it was their chassis that was poor to start. Admitting you got screwed by the wing regulation was a nice change from the usual finger pointing.

Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
100% false sorry
Some some evidence every single team principal had made the same BS as Cyril as you so claim?

User avatar
djos
144
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

See above.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

f1rules
f1rules
352
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:34 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Chester out

Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
You claimed "every other team principle" Meaning all 10. All you listed was 2 Mclaren and Redbull.
Where are the rest? Nowhere to be found because you made it up it seems!

User avatar
djos
144
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 5:09 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

Clearly you don’t watch the pre or post race broadcasts.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:25 pm
Clearly you don’t watch the pre or post race broadcasts.
No evidence yet again. You just proved who doesn't watch them not me :)

Mclarensenna
Mclarensenna
16
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:49 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post

djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:46 am
GhostF1 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:13 am
djos wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 am
Cyril makes claims that are on par with the BS from every other team principle.
On par!? He's the worst of the lot. Have a look at this nonsense.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/renault- ... eboul.html

I'm sorry... Best engine on the grid??? Mercedes with the worst?
I honestly think he's losing touch with reality... OR he's hoping making erroneous claims like that will mislead the general public and assume Renault are doing fine.
It's proven to be by far the least reliable on the grid, yet again and power wise, has not demonstrated any such performance of being equal or above Ferrari.
Andy Cowell thinks Renault is close, but still behind the other 3 and Toto Wolff and Tanabe have both mentioned one way or another that Honda are on equal footing with Merc.

I'd believe those three any day of the week over Cyril's absolute media pandering nonsense.
Maclaren = we have the best Chassis, but PU
RedBull = we have the best chassis, but PU

list goes on, they are all full of it.
You disputed a post of mine replying claiming "every single team principal" meaning all of them make claims that are on par with the BS from Cyril.
I claimed it as 100% false.
Then you claim Mclaren and redbull with best chassis on the grid claims.
That are 2 examples that are again pointless because Boullier who said this is fired so the current Mclaren guys in charge are not making this claim. Redbull when claiming this have had the best chassis on the grid. They have won many races being 50-100 horsepower down. There chassis was 2-3 seconds a lap quicker in race pace last year than Mclaren with the same engine and any team running Renaults since 2014. So yes Redbulls claim the years they made it were true. Even if not the fastest they are milliseconds behind in second so there is nothing seperating them.
So these are hardly BS claims.

You disputed all 10 team principals spew the same BS as Cyril.
Gave only 2 examples which made no sense to begin with.
If you have some evidence then say it. Do not lie repeatedly, get caught out, then go on the offensive claiming i do not watch the interviews when caught out lying.
Lets keep this thread on topic and on point please about the Renault team.